What films are you watching right now?

Just watched jojo rabbit. Very very good.

Watched ‘Platform’

Beckett , in a twisted Desade reformulation with a romantic air of regressed destructural hallucination ,
A rose is a rose is a rose, fallen petals.

In ‘Sausage Party’ the food is alive, it’s a-liive… perishables versus non-perishables.

Food with feelings… can food have feelings?

Shalako
1968 ‧ Action/Action/Adventure ‧
1h 53m

Initial release: 1968
Director: Edward Dmytryk
Screenplay: Hal Hopper
Box office: 1.31 million USD
Distributed by: Cinerama Releasing Corporation (USA), Anglo-Amalgamated (UK), Bavaria Film (W. Germany)

Watching: How To Train Your Dragon… I know, I know, I’m late to that movie party.

How to Train Your Dragon
PG 2010 ‧ Drama/Fantasy ‧ 1h 38m

Play trailer on YouTube

Hiccup, a Viking, must kill a dragon to mark his passage into manhood and be initiated into his tribe. However, he ends up doing the exact opposite by befriending a deadly Night Fury.

Release date: 31 March 2010 (United Kingdom)
Directors: Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders
Produced by: Bonnie Arnold
Story by: Cressida Cowell
Music composed by: John Powell
Screenplay: Dean DeBlois, Adam F. Goldberg, Chris Sanders, William Davies
Production company: DreamWorks Animation
Distributed by: Paramount Pictures
Budget: $165 million
Box office: $494.9 million

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2szjVdrpg[/youtube]
Freaks, surprisingly not bad.

Watched last night… I ain’t even seen Ride Along 1 yet… did the same thing with Guardians of The Galaxy, which didn’t spoil my viewing pleasure in the slightest.

Ride Along 2
12A 2016 ‧ Action/Comedy ‧ 1h 42m

Play trailer on YouTube

James takes Ben along to pull the plug on a drug racket involving an influential businessman, Antonio Pope. However, with Ben’s wedding day approaching, the two have little time to expose the crime.

Release date: 22 January 2016 (United Kingdom)
Director: Tim Story
Budget: 40 million USD
Box office: 124.6 million USD
Producers: Ice Cube, Will Packer, Matt Alvarez, Larry Brezner

youtu.be/o5HwdeM68MI

Have just watched Rambo, Last Blood. Poor old Rambo has become a very embittered old man, now. Hardly surprising the way he’s been treated, I suppose.

youtu.be/SYKl4PtdPUA

The monster of Piedras Blancas.

A cult classic. Retroactivelly it is fun and a real riot. The sets are charming post WW 2 era , the acting charmingly filled with frozen bits, taking sudden fractured discontuinity for a ride, as if all emotion results from series of afterthoughts.

Some animated entertainment, on a mid-Covid19 May Saturday early-afternoon… I recall seeing this film before, but it was such a long time ago, that it was like I never had, but it’s always the ending that becomes familiar and gives it away that you did…

Frankenweenie
PG 2012 ‧ Animation/Horror ‧ 1h 27m

Play trailer on YouTube

Viktor invites trouble when he revives his dead pet dog Sparky after it is hit by a car. Now, Sparky looks like a monster and terrifies Viktor’s neighbours.

Release date: 17 October 2012 (United Kingdom)
Director: Tim Burton
Featured song: Strange Love
Budget: 39 million USD
Box office: 81.5 million USD

Such a twee film, which I’ve seen before… are South-Pacific islanders really like that? :-s

Oh, and it’s a musucal…

South Pacific
U 1958 ‧ Musical/Romance ‧ 2h 51m

Play trailer on YouTube

Description: Nurse Nellie Forbush (Mitzi Gaynor) of the U.S. Navy falls for middle-aged French plantation owner Emile De Becque (Rossano Brazzi), but recoils upon discovering that he’s fathered two mixed-race children. When Nellie leaves him, the heartbroken Emile agrees to take on a dangerous espionage mission. In his absence, Nellie struggles to reconcile her prejudices with her love for him – and after she spends time with his children and comes to care for them, fears that Emile may not return alive.

Release date: 21 April 1958 (London)
Director: Joshua Logan
Languages: English, French
Awards: Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing
Songs
1 South Pacific Overture Alfred Newman 3:01
2 Dites-Moi Nellie Forbush and Children 1:17
3 Cock-Eyed Optimist Nellie Forbush 1:43

youtu.be/N9Yozd2KKKo

Netflex: ‘The fundementals of caring’

Removed unrated as unsuitable for certain age groups

‘the Boy’

Horror genre.
Critics rated it around a B-, but I felt that it was a designation for popular attraction.

Conceptually, I would rate it A+ and at least one critic rated it likewise.

It just that it is difficult mixing popular faire with conceptual soundness, and still not end up with a failing grade. The fact that it came out with a B, says a lot for a terrific script, with double minuses for muted horror kicks.

Another thinkeable horror flick,:

youtu.be/Pqmnvu6WzF0

youtu.be/dCLOqdzAP9E

Not as good as its prequels 1 and 2, but a good watch none-the-less if you’re a major fan of the JC franchise… that guy’s a right c*nt… talk about taking no prisoners alive. :neutral_face:

Wasn’t scary in the slightest, so I won’t be losing any sleep from nightmares, like I did with 1 and 2.

314D3F9F-02A6-4F19-8207-234E42BA2E56.jpegJeepers Creepers 3
[size=85]2017 ‧ Horror/Thriller ‧ 1h 42m[/size]

Play trailer on YouTube

A sergeant and his task force embark on a mission to destroy the Creeper on its last day of feeding. The Creeper soon fights back when they get close to discovering its mysterious and dark origins.
Initial release: 26 September 2017 (USA)

Director: Victor Salva
Budget: 6.2 million USD
Box office: $3.6 - 4.0 million
Film series: Jeepers Creepers

Netflex ‘Stateless’

An extremely provocative series.

youtu.be/C-Xep8pU_J0

Why do Types, such as You and the Twit, shit all over everyone’s feels and vibes?

Jealous much?

Jog on! Fuck off!