Alcohol :D

weed drought: Police Operations! Beer drought: Just ended it :smiley: canā€™t handle my nerves till vote counting begins in 3 hours

Iā€™ll take a look at your ā€˜votingā€™ thread: to see how the voting progressed - hope itā€™s gone well? but not because I donā€™t want to put you up 8-[ but because extreme political views only cater for a minority who want to benefit from those policies they set. :unamused:

Glad to hear you ended your beer drought, but probably not as much as you wereā€¦ :wink:

I drank copious amounts of alcohol last night: in cocktail form, of courseā€¦ I payed for some :unamused: and the rest that sent me over the edge of ā€˜merryā€™ was comp at my favourite late-night bar: which I adjourned to around midnight, from the bar where I was expected to pay to feel bad in the morning. :laughing:

My favourite cocktail is currently the strawberry daiquiri

I have now restricted my alcohol consumption to weekends - my liver and figure will thanks me for it, Iā€™m sureā€¦ :laughing:

Tomorrow lunchtime I will be introducing my sister to a delicious cocktail called ā€˜Honey rides againā€™ at a bar in Knightsbridge, after having lunch nearby! :smiley:

I will also be getting merry on Saturday night at one of my favourite clubs that I have not been to for 2 years as it is so exclusive that the guest-list is always full apart from holiday periods! :unamused: should be fun! :smiley:

I polished off a whole bottle of rose throughout the day, today! :-"

[-X

:laughing: Yeah, I know: I contradicted myself thereā€¦ but I am hitting the weights regularly, so it should all balance out nicely + alcohol is my only vice! :evilfun: O:)

I personally drink copiously and eat intermittently, not sure how healthy that is but it prevents the trauma of a beer gut! Some days i probably get the majority of my calorie intake through beer! The wonders of student lifeā€¦

Any one a Blue Moon fan?

ā€¦if Iā€™m gonna be drinking on any given day, I eat less for sure + you get merry for less: as the effect of alcohol acts quicker on an emptier stomach!

Drop a slice of orange in there, and youā€™ve gotta killer beer.

I like Guinness, Steel Reserve 211 ( :evilfun: so cheap and strong!), Dos Equis, Corona, Miller Chill, MGD, Miller High Life, Bud Ice, Shiner Bock (good olā€™ Texas beer), and a bunch more.

Brandy is my current best friend:
add a slice of lime to a large measure of brandy,
half-fill the glass with fresh cherry juice,
and top up with diet tonic/tonic water.

My new way of drinking the stuff, as of this weekā€¦ :smiley:

If you like Blue Moon, see if you can find some Hennepin. Itā€™s a different style (Saison instead of pseudo-wit) but it has many of the same characteristics . . . just better. St. Bernardus white, Chimay Cinq Cents, Unibroueā€™s Blanche de Chambly and Don de Dieu are all wits (same style as Blue Moon) but immeasurably better.

Check 'em out.

Champagne classic cocktail - try it :wink:

sugar, brandy, and a dsh of angastora bitters: topped up with champagne - itā€™s lethal, but in a great way! :smiley:

Lol

Lol.

:smiley:

I also came across some other threads of that era, which made me think we need a tbt thread to post such memories in, so that we can all reminisce and basque in the posts of our youth/our past. 8-[

rofl lordā€¦

I never was a drinking man except, well in town on Belgian beer and getting into fights with several criminal scumbags at once and losing, or just in general being a fucking idiot.
Now however Ive become someone who has a certain taste in whiskey.
I never really understood the appeal of whiskey completely, until I thought this cant be my life, I cant not even know whiskey, and decided to find a proper one. A whiskey which really befits my soul.
And, as it goes when your soul has set its aim, the thing occurred.

Hahaha!

Lol