People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

My only comment is that divine is a title that must be given. It cannot be taken on by ones own desire. That would be hubris. I think we are on the same page.

I have claimed having suffered my apotheosis but take the divine out of the definition.

I am god in my own eyes, but that target, Gnostic Christians never idol worship.

The moment we think we have reached the best ideology for life, we raise the bar of excellence and seek anew.

We are perpetual seekers and stay flexible and open to better ideas. Just like the Gnostic Christian version of Jesus.

Regards
DL

ah but none of this would appear as hubris unless you already had an imaginary symbol (god) in place to compare and contrast with. when you say ‘trying to be like god’, you’re inserting into the observation that there is a greatness unattainable by man, who nonetheless strives to attain it, and by virtue of that lacks humility. only when you compare man to this imaginary ‘god’ are you able to criticize man for practicing vanity through/in his aspirations. the truth is, man isn’t trying to be god, any sooner than he is trying to be a shniggle dopter… because there’s no such thing.

the concept of ‘god’ has always been the imaginary ‘check’ put on extraordinary and industrious people by those who are inferior and lack ambition. nietzsche wasn’t trying to be ‘god’. rather he busted a cap in god’s ass, and then everybody thought he was tryna take his place. that’s cuz they suffer the cosmic-father complex that has been so carefully planted in their heads by two thousand years of bourgeois philosophy.

any time a nigga does something great and/or inhuman, er’body’s like ‘yo he tryna be like god.’ no. he just being him. it’s you that’s like ‘yo that was so great he has to be tryna be like god’.

anyway you know the whole history of the development of the anthropomorphic god archetype was modeled off of people in power. at one time there was such a radical difference between ruler and peasant that the peasants could only comprehend the ruler as inhuman cuz he was such a badass.

remember, the transition from animism to anthropomorphism required that man project his own qualities onto an imaginary designer, law maker, rule giver, governor, etc. and to do that, he had to first emulate the greatest of all known/possible human characteristics… which, incidentally, were possessed by the rulers. ergo; god was a projection of the human nature of the most exceptional people within a group. rulers weren’t modeled off of zeus, but vice-versa. then, the concept becomes independently fixed for the following generations, and people begin to believe that the rulers are representatives of zeus’s rule/law. this is stage one of the ruling-class subterfuge that would permeate honest philosophy for thousands of years. shit’s been going on since the mesopotamia days. but i’m here to get you right, bro.

(1:36: hoh hah… hah hah… hah hah… hah hah… hah hah… haaaaaaa!)

you can totally hear david byrne all over that shit. i have never heard in the history of pop a dork that could put down a groove as fat as david byrne. nigga put the moog on that joint, bro.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

Neither… I think that is simply what it means to be human, all too human.

Be a law/a god unto ourselves, as not even parents or kin can often show us the way, let alone think or feel for us, but some guidance is good.

As we grow up, indeed, we need and want guidance and education to be available to all.

At some point in time the individual will compete against others to try to show himself the fittest.

If individuals do not at some point in time decide that they are able to lead themselves and others, those individuals are what I would call sheeple.

As you might know, many are called to show their fitness by standing tall, alone, and masters of themselves.

Few hear that call. This is why most sages have pointed that out.

To Gnostic Christians, like the Cathars and their Parfait, the word god is synonymous with the fittest humans. This has to be so given that we hold no supernatural beliefs.

Regards
DL

Solely reserved for males? I think this comes naturally to many males, it seems hard-wired into the male psyche, sometimes to the point of self-destruction.

I’ve not heard that word here in a long while… I guess the term speaks for itself.

Is there a process to follow, to achieve this aim? guidance, if you will…

When you say supernatural beliefs, what do you mean exactly… beliefs of and in what?

Faith based talking serpents and donkeys and a genocidal god that is still somehow good, are a couple of examples of supernatural and childish thinking.

Quite immoral teachings as well.

As to the guidance or salvation you seek, if I might be allowed to use a fitting analogy, here is what my mantra Jesus taught as the way to your salvation.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

It’s ridiculous.

When young, such concepts are biblical fairytales, which we grow out of with age… along with our childhood and believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

Why can’t we believe without believing the impossible biblical sentiments? A test of faith, perhaps, of loyalty?

Matthew 6:22 is a fitting analogy for my East/West mindset, as it is in-keeping with an Ignostic outlook on any Spiritual practice.

Perhaps we were all Ignostic, before the creation of religion and Polytheism and such? so just prior to us looking outside of ourselves for guidance, on all aspects of our lives.

Then there’s the external world and the secrets residing there, which may for all we know contain Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Or most likely, God.

We have had temples and nature worship for at least 57,000 years. That is how old the oldest serpent temples are.

I can see why we would want to invent gods, as the epitome of being the fittest humans, but to invent gods and then let them rule over us is stupid.

We are to rule over them and not them over us.

Regards
DL

Let us pray that the religious recognize fantasy from reality soon.

Their fantasy god, Yahweh, is a satanic god, and Christians and Muslims should learn the difference between good and evil.

Regards
DL

Unfortunately disbelief does not constitute fact. When talking about things that can exist in the external world, things can indeed exist regardless of whether one believes it or not.

I was not disputing the reality of Yahweh even as I know he is fiction.

I was pointing out that Christians see their genocidal Yahweh as good when he is obviously evil.

Regards
DL

You know that he’s fictional; I suppose that’s it then.

If foolish enough to think Yahweh is real, and you still kneel to that genocidal prick, you show how he can make moral people do immoral things.

Regards
DL

What part of the world was that? and why serpent worship? were these poisonous ones by any chance…? to kill thine enemy with a snake bite or toss them into a pit full of snakes and so into an agonising death…

…or coexist in a harmonious union? One dominating over the other, has proved not to lead to the furtherment of humankind, but hinder it by the struggle of power and wills.

Unless man’s relationship with God is a “Duck Amuck” situation, with man being Daffy Duck and God Bugs Bunny.

I goofed on the timing. It is not 57,000 years. It is 70,000. It does not matter much but accuracy is good.

Is a python poisonous?

apollon.uio.no/english/arti … glish.html

Even if it is, you might remember that physicians use the snake as a part of their symbol and the bible shows that when the serpent bites, he give life and not death.

I think the serpent is revered world wide due to it sheading it’s skin and being reborn the way many want to be in heaven after their death.

To your last.

Cooperation is good, but if we do not compete for the best and fittest who have the best ideas, we will go extinct.

We are a hierarchical species and must have leadership. It is in our nature to want to be the fittest or to follow the fittest.

Regards
DL