Trump Presides Over the First World Peace

A fact:

Not ever in written history has there been so little physical violence in the world. And not ever has there been so much psychological violence.

The conclusion is tempting: the leadership of Trump has caused humanity to internalize its violence, which means: to own it; to be self-aware.

Of course, we can’t know what will yet happen. But the accomplishment of a peaceful world, so long yearned for, is mr Trump’s.

And we have to accept the hatred of him in the hearts of so many: this hatred is, apparently, the price of a world without such theatres of violence as have always scarred our consciousness.

We now know that world-peace is actually possible. And what we know is possible we will always attain. Thanks to mr. Donald John Trump, a peaceful world-future is now guaranteed.

Shalom.

:eusa-liar:

K

Absolutely true and it is actually the subject of the book by Steven Pinker The Better Angels Of Our Nature
The further back in time one goes the more barbaric human civilisation was both individually and collectively

But the problem now in the digital age is that psychological violence has replaced physical violence
Today the weapons are words which can seem less dangerous but only because they are more subtle

But overall we are becoming less violent and this fact needs to be stated more often as it references true change and can inspire hope
We are therefore slowly evolving into a more moral species but as with individuals this is and will always be an eternal work in progress

Where are you getting your data from?

There’s definitely a trend that extends since well before Trump (I recommend the book Surreptitious mentions), so tying this in any way to Trump is pretty misleading. It’s a long-term institutional success, not a personal victory.

The question to ask is, is Trump doing more to perpetuate/accelerate the existing trend, or is he doing more to stop or reverse it? Is he strengthening international institutions like the UN, international trade, and multilateral treaties? Is he strengthening domestic institutions? Is he helping the global and domestic economy to grow? Is he advancing cultural values of tolerance, respect, and peaceful conflict resolution?

In my view, undermining the UN, failing to check Russia, pulling out of TPP and starting a trade war with China, and ending the Iran nuclear deal are all moves that tend to increase the likelihood of international war. Weakening US institutions by eroding norms and failing to guarantee electoral integrity increase the likelihood of domestic violent conflict. And undermining tolerance, respect, and peaceful conflict resolution are likely to increase individual violence, as well as to reinforce the other two points.

But arguably his economic policies have been good for long-term growth, which is pretty strongly correlated with peace. The stock market has done well under him, and that might be attributable to his support for tax cuts and his dismantling of regulatory oversight, which could have been a net drag on the economy. If true, it’s hard to say if this outweighs the factors above, but it could. His effect on the international economy is likely to be worse, but I believe the recent boom has not been limited to the US.

Ultimately, his personal effect on the long term trend is likely to be very small. I tend to think it will increase violence relative to the counterfactual where someone else is president, because I think institutions and the stability they afford are very big factors, and that short-term growth won’t amount to much without stabilizing institutions to prevent much more costly setbacks. But I also think that the regulatory burden was too large for many industries, and it could be that the recent returns are actually attributable to this administration’s changes, and that they will compound going forward to improve total global wealth, and that that increase will compound and perpetuate peace even more going forward.

So it is a balancing act, without the use of memory that envisages a more digital version of the truth.

In fact was it not Obama who took the U.S. out of the ‘Great Recession’?
Would it have been different if deregulation came on the very heals of the recession? Could it have even been conceivably done without him?
Are the comparable legal-political/rhetorical impressive balances have created this balancing act in the first place?

I seriously doubt if Reagenomic deregulation measures needed a new reboot, rather then a show of original genius, to sustain the effects of trickle down economics?

The simple rule is objectives long, while with the short terms of it, they never disappear, objectively speaking, but are cleverly disguised in a faux profundity, and given immeasurable political credit for it when the need arises.

This balancing act, has the profundity of very basic transcendental philosophy in new keys, that not very many bother about nowadays.

And this goes back primarily , at least to 1941.

Suzanne Langer, ‘Philosophy in a new key’.

I think 1941, as a veritable index of public sentiment, it serves well as a litmus test of coming attractions, while hiding the peek-a boo nature of U.S.-European objective transcendence. Trump has near term objectified am alliance within 75 five years of the alliance, On purely post dialectical materialistic terms. Far shorter then the leash allotted since the gall of the Berlin Wall.

Man treats man a little better, but man treats animals and the environment worse.

If some of the natural resources we depend on are depleted, it could lead to nuclear war.

I guess what the Saudis are doing in Yemen doesn’t count?

Of course there is still violence. But no longer the regional hearths of genocide all across the planet that were normal since the 70s. Its better now in that respect, infinitely better.
But … yeah now we’ve got other problems. 5G mainly. All regions where 5G has been installed have 20 to 100 times as many corona deaths as other regions.
5G has been proven to kill the immune system.

Before the outbreak in China, like, weeks before, that same region had installed 10.000 5G masts. Same story in Northern Italy, and other heavily affected countries.

Its a 1/1 correspondence of 5G and corona disaster. No one seems to notice though, because of course radiation is invisible so it doesn’t really exist.

:laughing:

The man crush cult continues…

Orange daddy going to save us all, you’ll see! :laughing: :sunglasses:

Hold me Orange daddy and protect me! The peasants are getting restless!

A bombing of silicon valley, would remind people somehow of the burning if the Reichstag, and the trumpeter still can assert their white supremacy and don their white robes to protect their daddy. That would eliminate any talk of any kind of lack of moral turpitude, by their leader.
Of course while bombing mere empty warehouses filled with month’s old tech data, would depress tech stock to a point where anyone with a few bucks- like a billion- could afford to throw mad money into the put pain supposedly ethically sane , non collusive market.

Then revel in a mad masquerade party reminiscent of scientologist Tom Cruise’s role in “Eyes wide shut”

youtu.be/86s8b7PlEW0

These days I’m thinking more and more of an old Poe story Masque of the red death not so much the virus thing, but everything.

Sorry lol I cant follow any of you guys rantings.

Im more interested in facts.

One might reasonably ask why the fuck I am here in that case.

Well, to share some. Hooping at least 1 or 2 lurkers might value them.

Anyway, people who don’t care about end of genocide hearths or to know and make known the causes of corona deaths, they’re not really… people. Not human.

:wink:

Goddammit people. I pity you so much.

I wished… u were aware… :confused:

sad smiley.

Take care.

Stock market is going to go down like a five dollar crack whore tomorrow selling BJs and after that Trump’s ass is going to be on a silver platter.

For everyone admiring Donald Trump it would be helpful to balance with another perspective. Thus reading the reviews here at this link, and then getting a look at the book the reviewers are discussing, is highly recommended. See:

amazon.com/Dangerous-Case-D … merReviews

This background understanding will assist in your not electing in the future a potential dictator who not only lacks empathy, but one who rarely even is inclined to pretend that he has some. We are dealing with a sociopath. Those who voted for him gave him power. Now he is the head of a cult, as was Jim Jones.

The people in Syria, the Kurdish in Turkey, the Afghans, as well as the others can tell you about violence.
Who are the others mourning victims? They are the close relatives of the unnecessary fatalities [- due to a late-start in USA preparedness -] of the Corona virus. Would poor Presidential leadership have anything to do with this?

No, the world is not yet peaceful. The residents in North Korea are not free to dissent; nor are many Chinese. There is work to be done in teaching people to live a nonviolent life, free of tyranny. It is too early to celebrate.

I have a feeling the OP is going to age like milk.

Some of that internal, psychological violence may boil over soon.