Show off your Skills

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDM8x47eEv4[/youtube]

Llewellyn never questioned grandmother’s instructions to stay away from it, but on that morning her curiosity got the best of her. she walked down the little path lined with the trees that grew no leaves and saw the old abandoned well in the distance. As she grew closer the forest seemed to go silent. Peering over the rim of the grey rocks she could see the faint shimmering of the strange amber light at the bottom… and began her descent…

cue music: streamable.com/4z346

(Llewellyn played by Kristen Stewart, for obvious reasons)

youtu.be/6KCmrc043Kk

HA!
Yes, very few people can actually put them straight without cheating.
Ive set straight a pack of six with my little niece at one time.

First I showed it to her, that I could do it. She was completely astonished. She is very proud though (well she’s a he now, transgender) and forced herself to learn it. We managed six that night.

One time I even managed to put one up on the sharp end.
And yeah, when I first managed to set an egg up straight, I was puzzled. I knew the story of Columbus, and I thought wait, isn’t this supposed to be impossible?
Same story with developing my philosophy, really. I did something which I thought was impossible. It just… kind of happened while I was in deep concentration.

The egg trick that first popped into my head was the one Jack Lemmon haplessly performed in the film Short Cuts. Just before his grandson died.

And then those 50 eggs that Luke ate. A movie trick?

Consider: newsweek.com/cool-hand-luke … an-1469656

Promethean, I dare you to set an egg up straight.

I can’t do it. I have trouble putting all my eggs in the same basket… so I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to balance one on end WITHOUT ANY TRICKERY INVOLVED.

Like, are you suggesting I am using trickery?
Because I ain’t. I think people know me better than to think I have interest in tricky. I post too much humbling shit for people to honestly think it of me.

Ill prolly end up making another video to prove it’s real.

On the other hand…

scholastic.com/parents/kids … uinox.html

“Standing an egg on its end is something just about anyone can do any day of the year. The feat simply takes the right egg, a little practice, and a lot of patience.”

On the other hand, can you balance one egg on top of another egg?

Well I made a video of me managing after a long time to set an egg erect on a very smooth surface, a raw egg too, but now you make it mighty unattractive to post it.