The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

Getting older my insomnia is virtually gone. I literally cannot hardly stay up past 2am anymore.

I pass out and fall asleep easily now.

Is that a good or bad thing? probably good I guess, because at least you get your ZZZs in, and sleep is the number one priority for Moderns right now… come the weekend the streets are empty because everyone is sleeping well into the afternoon, then head out to eat and shop.

I’m either up till approaching dawn, or uncontrollably crashing… I’m still waiting for a middle ground, on that one.

Online shopping and the Parodites/Aegean exchange, kept me up, plus a giant mug of night-time green tea probably had a major part to play in it. 8-[

How Magnesium Can Help You Sleep
healthline.com/nutrition/ma … -and-sleep

Night crew beches

…the stuff that ILP and YouTube were made for… sleepless nights, without dreams.

Wide awake, and all’s well!

My dreams have been replaced by light shows, inside of and outside of, my head… I attribute this phenomena to a strengthening nervous system, that has triggered all sorts of sensations and sights, both good and bad… and now currently a cessation from them, or is this merely a temporary reprieve.

Being able to get out of it, doesn’t mean I want to go through that again, or keep going through it more often than not, so now to turn this temporary reprieve, permanent.

An early breakfast beckons… will I follow the call, or will I fall back into a slumber…

A 60mph storm outside should do it, if anything can… wake one up at this time of a Sunday morning, that is.

It’s going to last all day… I think I’ll film it, to share with the world, or ILP at the very least.

Keep crashing early these last few days, so up with the birds and the dawn… though not even the birds are up at this time (yet), though I can hear stirrings of their chirpings, so not long now for them too.

Looks like an early breakfast and ILP day, then.

Not sure about ‘strengthening nervous system’ I don’t think that’s a thing.

How’s your eye-sight…? I got light shows in my head a year or so ago, and it was because I was an ass and didn’t wear my glasses despite constant blurry vision. This overstressed my vision centres and resulted in all kinds of effects from daytime coronas to flashbulbs and abstract patterns even in full darkness.

Too the opticians my girl !!! To the opticians!!!

A fever will also do the same trick sometimes. I’ve also noticed I go through periods of meh, “imaginary prowess” lol - an ability to visualize moving scenes with really great realism. A kind of semi-lucid dreaming. This is a symptom of not sleeping enough which is a hazard of having kids, and a job that requires a lot of energy - resulting in inadvertant microsleeping, I’m not visualizing consciously so much as having parts of my brain doze off without me noticing. :smiley:

Get that 7 hours a day sorted out. :smiley:

It’s not a thing! Are you sure about that? I’m currently working on strengthening mine at the moment, and according to my own knowledge, the medical profession, and verifiable results… it is a thing.

Been there, done that… a few weeks ago, infact. No issues… apart from not being able to read very small print very well, but who can? It ain’t called small print for nothin…

Funny how the rise in the use of very small print, has spurned the rise in the number of high-street opticians and reading glasses sales. My eyesight has hardly changed at all, but font sizes have… the reason my eyesight has hardly changed over the years? because I don’t rely on reading glasses.

I sleep much more than 7 hours a day.

The cause isn’t psychological but physiological, in neural wiring being over-liberal with itself, and not stopping short of where it’s supposed to end… probably the only liberal thing about me. :open_mouth:

Well ok then lol, strengthen that nervous system. :smiley: My biology degree must be old.

Do you have to do some kind of exercises…? Not trolling - actually curious.

I guess it’s on the Ayurvedic side of the medical-practitioning spectrum… Āyurveda meaning, knowledge of life and longevity, in Sanskrit.

The only thing keeping modern nervous systems going, and therefore reliant on, are prescription drugs… without them most would literally become… a bag of nerves and fall apart, but don’t worry they can fix you and keep you together to hold it down.

Through learning how our physiology works, in order to heal ourselves through bio hacking the body… through nutrition, fitness training, and tech etc. Or rely on the method above, and exist through a societal neural-network of needy feels and weak minds, that would become almost impossible to disengage from, over time. The Borg?

I fear my cynicism was all too apparent in my last post :neutral_face:

No, I haven’t gotten less cynical with age… or do we get moreso with it. :-k

I have acquired the habit of awaking around 3/4 in the morning, reply/converse with a friend/confidante, and then fall back asleep an hour or two later… but I don’t dream, but sleep.

I am old but I am not cynical as I accept the human condition in all of its various manifestations
I avoid emotional involvement so my sense of detachment helps to keep me relatively grounded
I merely watch the world from a distance without getting involved for that is not how I function

I do not accept without any evidence your claim that most nervous systems are reliant on prescription drugs
I know you believe in holistic methods of treatment but I am too sceptical to just accept it without question

Go away and leave me alone!

Up and awake again, and alone with my thoughts from yesterday, of which Jakob and Meno know what of… I feel better for it, but not intrinsically so, and probably never will. We don’t care about an ad on YouTube or any other minor inconvenience pour le jour… COZ THERE’S NO BIGGER MINOR INCONVENIENCE THAN DEATH!

Currently feeling sorry for myself? Yes I am!

Another day, another storm, of howling whistling winds and intermittent rain… quite a soothing sound it is too…

My current favori …du jour, du semaine, peut-être le mois.

I have concluded that I am not good with sharing daily thoughts or entertaining daily feels, daily… INTJ/P for life. Just as one cares about what goes into the body, one should care about what comes out of the mind… be more Buddhist-like, be more selective with your thoughts. ; )

Well… there’s also the same toxic additives in foods that there are in meds… and I’ll leave that mathematical equation to you to solve.

You can be as sceptical as you want… go right ahead, be my guest.

Cynicism is neither wholly good nor bad. It’s easy to see how you can be too cynical, but it’s also possible to be not cynical enough. … There are lazy forms of cynicism of which this is certainly true. But at its best, cynicism is a greater force for progress than optimism. I am a cynical optimist.

I dont do cynicism because I see it as being just too negative but skepticism is more healthy by comparison
Because all it really is is a simple request to fill the gap in ones knowledge about something they dont know

Should I be more selective with my thoughts ? Absolutely but even better I should avoid negative ones or at least try to keep them to a minimum
I deliberately say I because otherwise someone may think I was talking generally and I really avoid doing that any more as it is too presumptuous