Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Not bad… I wouldn’t want to fight you. But then again, an 80 year old could probable kick my ass!!

Here’s the deal prom, we never finished our discussion about martial arts and strikers vs. grapplers.

If there is more than 1 person, the grapplers will ALWAYS lose!!

You know that controversial fight where shamrock won (because of striking) after the ref restarted it (because otherwise Gracie would have won). What this says, even in 1:1 is that striking wins 50% of the time. And it’s the ONLY thing that wins with more than one opponent.

QED.

Striking is superior.

a lie.

i would think that far more street fights consist of one-on-one scenarios, wouldn’t you? ergo, grappling is a better investment.

and here’s the thing; most grappling oriented martial art styles train also in basic striking… and here’s the important part you kung-fu guys need to know; you don’t need to spend months or even years learning how to punch and kick. that stuff is second nature and you don’t need to learn fifteen different ways to make a fist. if you’re a striker and got into the ring with a boxer, you got knocked the fuck out. end of story. no whooping crane or drunken dragon bullshit is gonna help you.

now i’m currently working on my own style and will soon start a school… after i win a few tournaments in the octagon and have the money. it’s gonna be called ‘the way of the balanced monkey’, and the form will be modeled off the styles of ali and jet lee.

Lol! Jet Lee ??

He himself says that he isn’t a martial artist!

He’s an actor.

Here’s the deal.

There’s SO much in MMA that isn’t legal, if it weren’t, strikers would win every match, not every striker, but definitely the good ones.

You live in a hallucination

no. i live in a platonic hyperdimensional plane of immanent consent violation.

here’s the deal: under 9 circumstances out of 10, a proficient grappler isn’t gonna give a striker a chance to do his shit. he’s gonna be on that fucker like flies on shit and twist him into a pretzel before he can say ‘what is the sound of one hand clapping’. watch your gracie videos, bro. WATCH THEM.

See that the problem with you. You accept MMA rules.

To understand the best fighting style, you shouldn’t do that.

Dude, I was trained very well… my Sifu was given a black sash from van cleef…

I came from a badass school of Kung fu…

Here’s the deal:

Eyes, throat, groin.

That’s the mantra of Kung fu artists.

What’s illegal in MMA ??

Eyes, throat, groin.

watch him work, captain underpants. look closely. those dude don’t have time to do anything. that’s the portuguese python… the brazilian boa. you can’t get nuthin in on that dude, man, i’m tellin ya. try to punch him you want to. end up eating a mattress sandwich.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BquW9SQFkU[/youtube]

yeah but you gotta remember: if fish hooking and eye gouging and all that shit were legal, royce would do it too. look at how many opportunities he had to do that shit, and would’ve, if it weren’t against the rules.

lol i’ve seen matches where royce didn’t even bother punching the guy because he thought it was tasteless and rude. didn’t need to. the guy was finished.

You don’t need to preach to me about Royce, he has 100 times to snap shamrocks neck and didn’t do it.

Here’s the deal though…

Professional strikers don’t need a submission holds to kill the opponent.

the wing-chun dude in black at 3:14 presented the biggest problem. if those strikes were more solid and better aimed - which is extremely difficult - he might’a significantly weakened royce or even knocked him out. but this is a gamble for a striker. one, you exhaust yourself with those power punches. second, you rarely get a second chance. third, you make a small window of opportunity for your opponent after you swing. royce dodges, then shoots at that opening.

lol i remember watching that very fight at a party when i was 21 (i think). everybody in the room was psyched and wanted to fight. it was funny as hell. like what happens when you watch a rocky movie. you’re almost on top of the TV shouting ‘hit em, hit em!’

I get it.

See here’s the deal. Do you really think the best go to UFC? There’s dudes that can punch their pinky’s through a pinky sized hole at full speed and hit for 500 pounds. You seem to assume ufc has the best, that’s not true.

I’m going to explain this to you very simply:

There’s 1.2 billion people in China. Think about that for a moment.

Most Kung fu schools teach you not to fight, that’s a tradition that’s eastern and not western.

Do you really think UFC has the best in the world?

Earlier today.

20200114_180715.jpg

Ahhh so the best fighters are these dudes you gotta imagine somewhere deep in a rice field somewhere, because they might exist.

hmm where’s that pic of me being a total badass…

ah here it is, phoneutria about to wreck yo shit

I have since earned another dan

Ju Jutsu came from the East …

Jiu jitsu is fun. Renzo Gracie gym right by me.

argh photobucket used to be free

Me circa 2018 - just add more white into the hair and beard.

and?

damn we got a karate chick at ILP? that’s kinda hot.

pedro: your handwriting is appalling and the stuff of graphologist’s nightmares.

I aint doing nothin of that karate nonsense.