I’m just going to say this to trumpers outright

I try to go have ahyauasca at the church every month or so.
That’s… colorful.

This would explain much of the incoherent output I sometimes have the (dis)pleasure of reading. lol

Bahahahahahaha

Too bad I never tried pure DMT before quitting drugs. Woulda liked to.

Just… I feel like I lived many lives in many universes, not literally but just in terms of the multiplicity and variety I guess. I don’t… Um… I saw the space between air?

Maybe maybe, but a light weight, easily triggered… by what?

There is also LSA, which is a close cousin of LSD and often sold as LSD, you can get it from Morning Glory seeds for example. That is much more what you mention, like colors and haze. Movement leaves tracks. It’s awesome. LSD can do that too, but with LSA it has less transcendent meaning when it happens lol and is more exclusively about that. Playing with your senses. but never, I never had the senses actually meld, or my meaning generating centers fuse with my sensory world, so as to let me smell loud or see the color of a letter. I saw enough though that I find it incontroversial for it to be claimed.

“Though Ayahuasca was traditionally used for religious and spiritual purposes by specific populations, it has become popular worldwide among those who seek a way to open their minds, heal from past traumas, or simply experience an Ayahuasca journey. 26 Jun 2019”

There’s an ahyauasca journey? where does the ahyauasca train stop at/take you to…? I’m too chicken and light-weight to try such things… half an acid tab at 21 was all I could handle in this lifetime, hahaha! I found it really boring and was pissed that it prohibited me from falling asleep… though, like Pedro, I did see pretty things.

it takes you really deep within yourself, where the gods live

No, I have a rare form of synaesthesia where all of my senses are sort of unified into a single feeling, that includes even tactile synaesthesia. I can feel specific physical weight when I think of certain musical chords for example; I feel tactile sensations because of certain colors; numbers have… directions, I don’t know how to say it. Numbers point in unique directions. That is why, as a child, I took to obsessively writing numbers of pieces of paper and arranging them into strange patterns, though to me I was just lining them up based on the direction they pointed. A bunch of weird shit like that, which I have trouble articulating verbally. And it goes for all of my senses; a letter has a color, a direction, a weight, a tactile response, as do all the numbers; as do just, symbols, random patterns of sigils or lines connected on a grid. It is called, kinesthesis.

As to why that phenomenon exists. I believe that this is the normal state of experience, for animals; the senses operate in union. Because of our symbolic ability, breaking the world down into distinct patterns- breaking our inner experience down into distinct patterns more importantly, we have caused a kind of fragmentation to occur. Even my form of total synaesthesia would be a very limited form of perceptual cohesion compared to that of an animal.

You sound like an idealist or solipsist.
An abstraction is (or ought to be if we want it to have truth value) a form of representation of the world.
The world is what we experience, feel, interact with, perceive and sense both externally, like the wind and rain on my skin, and internally, our various mental processes, for we too are a part of the world.
We notice patterns in these experiences, similar stuff keeps casually reappearing.
Pattern recognition is what abstractions are.
Our ability to recognize patterns is both limited, and made possible by our cognition, which somewhat varies from person to person and people to people like any faculty.
It’s malleable to some extent, but not infinitely.

There is no neat internal and external division, everything within us overlaps with everything without.

My point wasn’t that there’s something spooky going on, but that types of subatomic particles, like electrons, neutrons, protons and photons probably only appear to be exactly the same, cookie cutter like, because our instruments are presently too blunt to detect variation between and within them, just as the surface of a table may appear smooth to the naked eye, but under a microscope we see cracks, crevices, peaks, valleys, and life forms, all manner of variation.
They’re probably immensely complex, worlds unto themselves, worlds within worlds, but they’re at the periphery of what we can presently perceive, so they appear simple and indistinct.

My larger point is that particles, parts, simplicity, solidity and stability, yang if you will, isn’t more real than waves, wholes, complexity, unsolidity and instability, yin (similarly the mind isn’t a by-product of the brain or vice versa, they’re different names and ways of apprehending the same thing).
Examine the former carefully and you will find some of the latter and vice versa.
But the atomist/individualist only sees things in terms of units, compartmentally.

Atomism/Individualism doesn’t encompass holism/collectivism, anymore than holism/collectivism encompasses atomism/individualism, you have to harmonize the two, if you’re to attain the golden mean, which’s imperative.
Moderation in virtually all things, nothing in excess or deficiency, metaphysically or socially.
But balance isn’t uniform, it somewhat varies because situations do.
There’s a need for both generalization, and particularization.
There’s no such thing as perfect balance, but we can improve.

Individualism doesn’t encompass the insights of conservative (greater group dominates), progressive (lesser groups dominate) or other forms of (collaborative, separative, unitive, etcetera) collectivism, all by itself, it’s their negation.

Agency isn’t better at explaining variation in human behavior than biological and cultural determinism on the right hand, or discrimination and the environment on the left.

There’re different forms of individualism too, for example is intellectual property a legitimate form of property?
Or is something yours, just because you pay taxes on it?
What if you’re not physically occupying or using it?
What if you never have, never will or can’t physically occupy or use it?
Is government and the commons legitimate?
Where does the self and its property end and otherness begin?
Can you be violated by another’s pollution, pollutants in the air, water and soil, noise pollution?
What’re we to do with children and other sentient species?
Can you sell yourself into serfdom or slavery?
Are building codes necessary?
Buyer beware?
Individualism is far from settled, it’s not this monolithic, middle ground between different forms of collectivism.

…again, I fail to see the appeal in that… or any drug.

Hahaha! ok, that’s pretty cool… atomic, even. :wink:

What did it look like… this space between air?

Well… during doing weights today, I got high from having to breathe more, and have remained light-headed and high off of air, ever since… is why, me and drugs can never be friends, you see.

I’ve been reading that loads of everyday produce can make us high, and there’s nothing I can do about that, in having to ingest psychedelia-causing produce… and Organic produce, probably even moreso.

Eat more vegetables, get high! a new slogan for the farming community. lol

Like what prayer and meditation does?

Does it put one in a meditative state or a trance, and is it a subtle effect and not a WHAM to do head? like what teachers do… though my teachers never had to hit me… maybe once. :neutral_face:

I agree that Apprenticeships and Technical Qualifications are the way to go, in an ever-changing and demanding vocational landscape.

Well… my final qualification took was Graphic Design, but yes… Art for almost a decade. It’s kept me in-work ever since, but ill-health has kept me out of work in recent years, but I see the future as a new awaiting adventure of exciting uncertainty.

That is true, more often than not, but exceptions/rules etc. for some. I know I would have earned more money, much quicker, if I had left the education system sooner… but I loved learning.

As a British Conservative, I am not an anomaly… as a creative and a Caribbean Conservative, I am an anomaly.

Many more working class voters, voted Conservative in last month’s General Election, than in previous elections… the country wants Brexit, so the Referendum voters definitely did know what they were voting for… how rude of them to say we didn’t.

Democracy is a stone in their shoe.

I love learning too btw.

Pretty much why I left college.

Art is one thing. But go into a humanities career and prepare to be brain bleached.

That’s the beauty of art and philosophy.

Aside from brick-laying, the only objective subjects out there.

Objective subjects , now to talk literally of an anomaly! Biggy, must pick and choose

Sorry Biggy, just couldn’t resist it.

Art School and the art world in general has been so completely dominated by the LGBT and their sympathizers that creation has become a secondary goal to spreading propaganda.
I haven’t gone to art school, but have a lot of friends who dropped out of it for the reasons above.

It seems to have become reprehensible, almost, to depict classical beauty.
Every new piece I make seems to ‘trigger’ someone or another because they are not as beautiful as my model, and then come the inquiries about why I am not making art that makes people feel good. Why do I not idealize ugliness, why am I purveying the ‘male gaze’…

Creating a world where people feel good. What a huge fucking pile of bullshit.

That is what it’s all about girl.

For us anyway.

Even worse, this “safe world” has been weaponized by darker forces on a political level.

Or maybe it’s just the trailer trash talking.

What were you studying when you left college? It shows in one’s writing, when a person loves learning… it’s like a drug/a pull, that draws you in, but happily so.

I’ve always been a sucker for job satisfaction, and so stayed in the creative-industry lane… veered off it for a number of years, only to become desperately unhappy, and veer back in.

Lol… brick-laying itself is an art form, especially in this instance.

Yeah… Art Philosophy and Science can be combined, to make beautiful things…