weird facts

i haven’t taken down my silver-plated stainless steel titanium trimmed keyboard (with single shot, burst, or automatic settings) from the mantle where it’s rested, for over a decade, madam.

there are no monsters here. i believe derrida said it best: monsters cannot be announced. one cannot say: ‘Here are our monsters,’ without immediately turning the monsters into pets.

I merely jest…

May be… 8-[ lol

If you watch TV in the UK, every so often, on one quiz show or another, you will very often hear the question: What year did rationing end in the UK? The answer is always the same: 1954. That’s a fact.

The minute a ship sinks, the crew stop getting paid, because apparently it’s no longer a ship.

Pistachio nuts are not allowed in cargo holds of ships, as they are one of the items marked as combustible, because they are known to spontaneously combust.

Coconuts kill about 150 people a year, from falling on their heads, so double the amount of those killed in shark attacks.

Great white sharks are truly afraid of killer whales

The MoD recently declassified all UFO-sightings reports, and so allowing those sightings to be investigated, documented, and televised.

Get on with it already, and tell us All what we already know!

For real. It’s time for the little green men to stop playin’ and come the fuck out.

Is there a Zappa song for every instance and occasion? the guy was very forward-thinking, it seems.

that song was actually done by little stevie vai and appears on his very first solo album. his career began when frank hired him in the 80s, and he stayed with frank for several years before going off on his own. ordinarily frank would write all the music himself and select/hire musicians to play it, but steve, being a badass, often contributed to the song writing. here they are working out what’s new in baltimore.

but you can definitely hear frank’s influence on the album ‘flexible’. steve hadn’t fully transformed into the the formulaic heavy metal soloist yet and was still (instinctively) writing more compositional songs.

but yes, frank usually has a song for every occasion. on the matter of aliens there is ‘inca roads’, which i’ve already posted, and we are not alone.

The word ‘zombie’ originated around 500BCE

Now that could possibly qualify as a weird fact, Frank having a song for every occasion… just goes to show how prolific a writer he was.

Weird fact: a company wants to create modern mammoths, by gene editing their genetic material into Indian elephants, so that they can then populate areas with specific types of trees that produce 100 times more oxygen than the trees that replaced them since the mammoths went extinct, due to the nature of their feeding and stomping habits.

Woolly mammoths died out around 4000 years ago.

Ted Bundy used to tell people he was writing a book to explain long absences.

The would “fuck” originated in England to first describe a bird. As in, look at how that fuck flies through the sky.

Author Charles Bukowski is so famous for telling other artists “Don’t Try” that they put in on his gravestone, and yet he is also quoted as saying, “If you’re going to try, go all the way.”

Author James Joyce wore a milk man’s uniform while writing so the sun would reflect off it.

The superbowl is watched by 100 million people and is considered the greatest spectacle by Americans while 600 million people around the world watch the average English Premier League (soccer) game.

Harry Potter was rejected by 11 publishers.

A computer makes a decision in a nano-second, which is a billionth of second and falls below the level of human perception. The human mind cannot conceive of how fast this is.

To be superstitious is a sin, in the Catholic church.

Religions always call other religions, superstitious.

Talking of the catholic church, in the dark ages, there was no discernment between good or bad witches and warlocks, they were indiscriminately burned at the stake.