What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Perhaps, but can you answer the question?

Read above post.

I’m going to put this to Wendy very simply …

Judgement is all the hearts judging each other, and in this fuck of hearts judging each other, a collective heart is born.

Wendy, you’re not on the right side. I appreciate you trying to defend the defenseless (Donald)… I do the same thing with tools you have yet to comprehend …

The truth is, this planet is finite, and the number of hearts is finite. Trillions upon trillions if you count the viruses as well.

Wendy, you are not fit for judging … I think you’re extremely smart … someday you will be fit for judging … but not yet.

Wendy, we never die, and reincarnation is bullshit. Reincarnation is just our innate ability to access memories that will never die.

I’m not trying to be mean to you Wendy, it will be a huge wake up call for you when you stand trial upon the earth. This seems off topic, but you needed to read it.

Various agencies are in charge.

And who is in charge of those agencies?

It is not Trump.

If you believe that it is, then you have succumbed to the cult of the leader.

It is always, in every nation, the executive administrator. Depending on the nation, that would be either the Prime Minister or the President.

In the US, the Constitution (article 2) dictates that the President is the leader of the executive branch. That would be Mr Trump. How else could he have fired James Comey, the former FBI leader or John Brennan, the former CIA director?

That makes Mr Trump the top copper in their nation. Their FBI, CIA, DOJ, and all law enforcement agencies ultimately answer to their President.

So who is really a part of a “cult” here?

1. Deeply deceived - dd
  2. Wanting to deceive - wd
  3. just stupid - js

Which has been you?

Yeah…

I don’t think you understand trumps consternation…

These organizations are mad at trump.

Trump is not the judiciary or congress (even though he thinks he is), but he does have these powers and they just don’t like the guy.

Like I said before, homeland security has done an awesome job since 9/11, and trump treats them like shit. While trump is out grabbing pussies and calling them the swamp, there is resentment.

You don’t think he did anything wrong by pressuring the Ukraine start an investigation into his political rivals.

Others think that it went beyond what a president ought to be doing and that it’s an impeachable offense.

That doesn’t make them unethical or stupid.

I’m all for a president asking other countries to investigate if they don’t trust their own country.

The big question is whether there was a quid pro quo.

Now that’s fucked up!

He doesn’t have the power to do whatever he wants. That would be a dictatorship.

Is that what you have?

I don’t think that he did anything wrong in asking for assistance in his DOJ’s investigation of conspicuous evidence of corruption regardless of who was being suspected.

Realize that Joe Biden had already given very strong evidence of his guilt of extortion (a quid quo pro) by his own admission on video. That alone doesn’t equal guilt, but it certainly warrants an investigation.

They launched a $25 million, 2 year investigation against Mr Trump based on merely a bar room rumor. They proved it to be merely a rumor immediately but the objective was to remove Trump, not to find actual guilt - “if you can’t convict him on something he did, convict him on something he didn’t do. Just don’t ever stop trying to reach your goal.”

“Others” are making any excuse they can. Surely you have seen people on this board doing that exact same thing - twist the words, deny the obvious, invent confusion, and so on just so they never ever admit defeat.

If you haven’t seen people doing that on this board, simply watch your own behavior. You could never admit that you have been deceived so deeply. That would be sacrilege to your soul. So you must just keep denying, fighting, or running away - fight or fLight.

He just asked? He didn’t use the threat of withholding aid?

What I meant (sorry) is not that he has the powers of the judiciary and congress, but that the commander in chief has the ability to dictate and fire anyone from intelligence or armed services… and not only is the judiciary and congress mad at him, so are the intelligence and armed services (rightfully so!)

I’ll say this again, because it bears repeating…

Trump inherited an infrastructure that’s almost impossible for a single president to destroy… and infrastructure that’s almost kept us attack free since 9/11. But damn, he’s trying everything in his power to denigrate and destroy them all.

The man is a traitor by inference - law deals with the deductive —- we all know trump is a traitor, that’s just not how US law works.

No he did NOT. He never mentioned the aid at all and as it turns out President Zelensky didn’t even know there was any aid being held back. I believe that it was Mr Zelensky who placed the call, but I can’t verify that at the moment.

This didn’t copy and paste very well. You can follow the link to the actual PDF.

The phone call is only a part of it.

What about this testimony :

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2% … ne_scandal

Look into WHO told him that. It was an issue of amb Sondland presuming (because that is how all politicians think) and relaying that thought to someone who relayed it to someone who relayed it to someone and back to Sonland. Mr Trump told amb Sondland directly that he only wanted Mr Zelensky to do as he promised in his campaign and that he wanted “no qui quo pro” concerning anything. Amb Sondland finally admitted that in the hearing.

Additionally Giuliani suggested to amb Sondland that the sooner Mr Trump knew that Zelensky was going to be honest, the sooner the aid would be released. And he then suggested a public announcement so that there would be no question.

The aid was being held up for two other reasons, having nothing to do with any qui pro quo. The aid was already scheduled to be released anyway, by US law. Mr Trump was delaying it to maximize the US’s stand in negotiating with Europe (such delays are common and proven). It had nothing to do with the investigations. And the aid was delivered without any reciprocation other than testimony from US Senators and Giuliani that Mr Zelensky was an honest man doing as he promised.

Nothing Mr Trump said or did was illegal nor even unethical.

Let the trial go ahead and let witnesses testify in the Senate.

We will see what happens.

Pelosi is holding up the trial because she knows that their case is vacuous. She is hoping that Shiff will come up with additional charges to claim.

McConnell is ready to go in the Senate. Schumer is trying to force McConnell to run the trial the way the House wants it run (very corruptly as they did with the impeachment). McConnell says he intends to run the trial exactly as it was with Mr Clinton. Pelosi then shifts the blame for her delay on McConnell for not going along with Schumer and her.

It is the devil pursuing an innocent man. Woe be to those who fought the devil’s battle.

Again I have to accept that to be as much of a concession as I could ever expect on a board like this one.

So if anyone is still reading this, how should we rate phyllo - “dd”, “wd”, or “js”?

Personally, I can’t place him/her into the js category. Phyllo followed the ball from point to point, whether agreeing or not. Stupid people don’t usually do that. They either stand on the home plate waiting for the next ball to be thrown more amiably or they take off randomly running out into the field perchance stepping on a plate then claiming “home run”. There are a few on this board who seem to fit that category, but not phyllo as depicted in this thread (I haven’t looked back to study him … yet).

So that leaves wd and dd. Wd is harder to identify with certainty because it involves motive. But typically the wd will never give in to any proof. He will just deny and attempt to shift the goal post and confuse the readers, keeping the adversary off balance. And that is when they are willing to debate at all. Phyllo did not admit error openly, but he did indicate by his demeanor that he had conceded to prior argumentation before jumping to another issue.

So even though it isn’t impossible, I would think it unlikely that phyllo belongs in the wd category.

For me, it seems at this point, I have to, at least for a while, accept that phyllo is (or has been) a “dd”, deeply deceived).

But what say other readers?