Power of Nil

Indeed,

Through the Power of Nil, and Cult of Innocence, it becomes obvious how the self-delusion of the slave-caste can morph into a pervasive neurosis that spreads over time. It becomes a luxury, taken by an ‘elite’ class of chosen, as a revenge against the real elite class of Warrior and Kings (Aristocracy). It’s a mimicry that requires and needs forms of delusion, spread by lies, perpetuated by indoctrination into children. These “God’s Children”, “World Citizens”, “Global Proletariat”, “Chosen Ones”, are hypocritical and push a religion of double-standards. Chosen by “God”, yet, Chosen by Us, as long as you recite the themes (lies), play by (((our))) rules, and follow the Pre-Determined ethics, mythos, and morality.

Oh!

The second being witch-doctor, that became shaman that became priest…
Sometimes superstition peddler, although the practice evolved and branched out.
It used to be a carrier of the tribe’s lore, its accumulated knowledge and wisdom.
One part became science, philosophy and spirituality, and another became pseud-science, occultist philosophy and superstitions.

A split into astrology/astronomy, astrology/psychology, alchemy/chemistry, alchemy/ homeopathy etc.

From primitive towards advanced.

When Empires enter their final phase - their Dark Age - the ancient practices that worked in soothing the masses of desperate, ignorant, mostly illiterates, return.
This would include prophets, messiahs, superstition peddlers, and doom-sayers.
A cross section of ILP.

It’s so predictable that it can be sued as a sign, a symptom that the system is declining.

It seems like Mystics are simply failed Scientists or Doctors. The ‘real’ doctors, from pre-history, were measured by their successes, intelligence, and actual abilities. Those with lower intelligence, imitated or attempted to imitate, but failed, and thus the addiction began for justifications after-the-fact, along with dependency on ‘faith’ rather than the methods which were kept by the actual scientist/thinker/doctor/professional. So, simply put, the ones who succeeded are backed by reality (actual curing of disease) versus the plethora and more popular, faith-based believers who do not have a record of victories, despite them trumping up any ‘miracle’ or their compensating marketing-campaigns.

Those who can’t actually cure, or perform, instead rely on marketing and emotional theatrics. Convince the ill that they are ‘fine’ and ‘cured’, instead of actually curing.

It’s about having an effect to justify your status to the group.

Faith healers, like ancient shamans, relied on the power of persuasion - the Placebo effect.
Ancient shamans also had knowledge passed on from teacher to student, accumulating a pool of practical wisdom.

If you are unable to tell which is witch, you may fall victim to word-smiths and charlatans.
Gypsies using old-wives tales to manipulate gullible, desperate, degenerates.

Ok…

Then came the word, logos, to reveal and direct it; then came logos to conceal and use it to manipulate those not adept with it.

Activity - energy.
Existence is interactivity.
Patterned (order) and non-patterned (chaos) energies, i.e., vibrations/oscillations.
Use any metaphor to describe the same.

In Heideggerean contexts:
Space (chaos) = possibility
Matter/Energy (order) = probability

The nil is more powerful than the one, because it requires minimal effort and awareness to negate, destroy, reject.

People with nothing to live for, nothing to fight for, are left with ego, the lucid part of self, as their last refuge.
People with no investment in the future and no past to be proud of and to draw sustenance from, are left with hedonism to distract them and to find some pride through.

delicious !

The absence of absolutes makes the Nil powerful.
The individual demands certainty, finality, completion, , omnipotence, and omniscience, and if none are provided then it uses this as an excuse to remain as he/she is.
All is equally possible, without an absolute.
Death of God being the metaphor for the demise of this andromorphic absoluteness.
If this concept is not substitutes by a secular version - such as universe that replaces ‘god’s will’ with hard-determinism - then it becomes an excuse to believe in any absurdity.
The negative is an open field where all opinions find parity.
Equality via absolute negativity, replacing parity via absolute positivity - singularity.
Absolute chaos replacing absolute order.

Again, what on Earth, given his actual interactions with others, does this assessment encompass “for all practical purposes”.

In other words, let him take us through his days. And each time he has an experience that embodies this “intellectual contraption” nihilism, he can describe in some detail the behaviors that he and others choose as either more or less nihilistic.

Or, perhaps, more or less natural?

Why, you…your my example of how the nil is applied.
You are my example, dear boy.

You always have been.
A perfect, down to earth, example, in real time.
You are my theory in practice.

Look, if he’s not embarrassed to keep wiggling out of bringing his intellectual contraptions down to earth, I’m not embarrassed to keep pointing it out.

An “example of how the nil is applied” is simply what he tells us it is. Here, I am the example.

Okay, let’s focus the discussion in on a set of circumstances we might all be familiar with. Then I will attempt to explain the extent to which as a moral nihilist, I differentiate that which appears to me to be true for all of us and that which seems more the embodiment of a personal opinion that others may not share.

He can choose the context.

Or, sure, once again, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle out of it.

Yo, Aegean.

You’re up!

Damn, you didn’t get banned again, did you?

He left man. Took the midnight train to Georgia. But he’ll be back. Said like once a month.

If you think about it he’s kinda like zarathustra. Only when we deny him shall he return to us.

I’d like to believe that if he left of his own accord it was because of me. Another big fat fish hurtling out of the barrel.

If you know what I mean. :wink:

The advantage of pure nihilism over ‘positive nihilism’ is that they do not have to construct a viable, seductive, self-consistent ideology to sell to the feeble-minded, they simply apply the ‘power of the nil’ and negate anything that is not absolutely proven, or is, in some way, imperfect and/or incomplete.
Existence lacks absolutes, therefore this will always be easy to achieve.

Nihilism is the final stage of existential fatigue.
A final surrender to the inevitable - fatalism.

Monism appeals to the mind because it reflects its own method of interpreting fluidity into wholes - its binary system of translating the fluctuating existent into an abstraction.

To the best of my knowledge, σάτυρος has gotten himself banned again. Still, let intellectual claptrap of this sort be a constant reminder of just how far removed serious philosophers of his ilk are from communicating anything that can actually be made applicable to world we interact in from day to day.

On the other hand, sure, if any of his clique here might be willing, go ahead and try to bring his argument down to earth. Choose a context in which the “power of nil” can be apprehended, explicated and then critiqued with considerably more substance.