.@Aegean

Brian and I know, that he is better and smarter than me, so he corrects my many mistakes.

I was not aware of the strict rules governing this place. I’ve watched for a while and all sorts of insults and bragging, and absurd claims have been made…but Brian knows that this only applies selectively. I had no idea a simple insinuation, without insults, was going to get me banned.

He wanted to draw attention to it. For my own good.

Can’t know what know thyselvers…means.
I know know thyself and what it means, though.
Are all you people wierdoes?

Is imitation against the rules?
What about breathing?
Are typos enough to get you red-flagged?

I know Mowk is ILPs language police, but I’ve heard all sort of profane insults being thrown around with no apparent consequences. Is this regional, or seasonal.
Are North Americans permitted but not Europeans or is it only during summer but not winter?

Know thyselves… a plural of the singular, know thyself… Is that a faux pas? #-o

You tell me/us… as you’re the one doing the observing. Are we all weird, here, at ILP?

…it’s a bit more relaxed than that here… if it weren’t, you’d be banned, what with all the typos you are currently accruing. Spellchecker not working for ya? Mine lets me down far too much, to be too reliant on.

I don’t think about it/things from that angle, but prefer to observe… it’s an entertaining spot to sit.

I know that much. I just don’t understand how it applies in this case.
My 80 IQ, prohibits me from going too far into ideas.

Actually, in this day and age you are perfect reflection of the average western mindset.
A microcosm of a macrocosm.

I’m nervous, as you may understand. Being around so many geniuses, messiah’s prophets, world-altering minds, Mensa members, all in one place, is intimidating.
My hands shake…as I type this.
The high intellectual standards ILP is known for, across the internets, have already been made obvious to me.

I am told CIA and Chinese intellectuals and think-tanks are observing and shaping their world-strategies.
A responsibility you guys bear with admirable grace and humility.

So do I!! How wonderful. A connection.
Let’s se who sees more stuff.

Lol… then try.

Ah cool, that’s good to know… and you? what is your mindset, temperament, and ethos?

Yeah, there’s no copying and pasting reams of text here, and submitting it alone for discussion and argument. Nah!

You may be jesting, but discourse is good and shallowness of topic shunned here, and there’s no agreeing to disagree… but then one has to put a very good argument forward, if one doesn’t want to agree to disagree.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

:blush: I didn’t mean to connect.

I went to the shops earlier and saw bear stuff… you? what did your big-baby-browns see? whom else’s eyes did your eyes engage with? Were they beautiful scenes to behold? they’re always the best.

I will ma’am. Thanks ma’am.

Me?
I’m outis.
Nothing more to me than that.
I am a mirror.
I’m lost at sea looking for Ithaca.

It’s intimidating to know there are individuals here who are influencing world politics and world strategies or who are ancient souls that noce met Jesus, or that have soled everything or have reached the end of philosophy and know there’s nowhere to go from this pinnacle of human brilliance.

Let’s see…my burgundy eyes , in the mirror - or were they bloodshot? - then I saw two hazel ones belonging to some kind of midget - of unknown origins.
Then I saw two brown ones, belonging to my psychiatrist.
Then I saw brown ones, again, belonging to the woman who waxes my back.

Then drop, and give me 20 :wink:

Outsider/Autsider? so outis…? such new words I learn here and on the www in general.

I am not a mirror… I deplore all to never look to me for answers… I wasn’t born for that, or much else at all. Why do you declare yourself outis? What brought you to this point in time, here and now, as outis?

So you are lost at sea, never to be found? Lost not found… as a certain song goes.

FC/Jakob is sound… I can’t speak for anyone else, as I’ve not had much interaction with anyone else here apart from Guide, but I am only just starting to, but why doubt the borrowing/stealing of ideas and concepts? as it’s been happening/a thing, since the dawn of sentient-time. So much doubt, but so little evidence to go on.

The midget scenario stands out amongst all the other scenarios of your day, but did it all make you smile? that’s when you know you’ve had a good day.

I am not an outsider, I’m on the periphery. always being pulled into where I do not want to be. The centre.

I am, for this place, only that which you want me to be. Nothing more; nothing less.
When you look at me, you see yourself.

I am not truly lost, but among the lost, I surf the seas, and tie myself to resist sirens.
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

I’ve had my bits stolen by comedians like Chapelle, Colbert and other starting with the letter “C” - so they call me Mr C.
But I do not care about their plagiarism, because it makes me feel powerful.
It’s this feeling of power I covet and crave, until it consumes my consciousness with corruptive certainty.
The ‘c’, you see, is where I’m lost.

Nothing escapes your feminine instincts, for that ‘midget’ was not truly so, but a little man, of sorts, with hazel eyes and honey-brown hair.

So all eyes (potentially) on you yeah? Why they wanna watch you though? what you doing that makes for such an entertaining prospect to see?

I’ve seen you? are you cute…? ; )

When I look at myself, I see myself… that’s what narcissism was made for, to only see the self and reject the other as the-self. When I look at you, I’ll see only you.

I shall beware of Greeks with gifts… and sirens… and sailors.

I saw that Del Ivers referred to you as Mr C, and so you are lost at C/sea? I see. :-k

You’ve lost me here… possibly, a little one? or a flashback to a former you…

Entertaining?
They watch but they do not all see.
If I tell you the tricks of the trade, it’ll lose its magic.

Quite the opposite.
But it is not me you are looking for.

We discover ourselves through others.
“I am that which I am not”

And those wearing chaps you drop pennies and ask you to pick them up for them.

Do you?
I am not lost; I am sailing the sea of the lost.
I have no Ithaca because my voyage will only end I my death, but I seek it as a guide, to orient myself.

I keep my treasures secret.

Like a wizard, without any magic tricks to perform… yes that’d be dire.

Could it be… the Scarlet Pimpernel? sought here, there, and everywhere, but never to be found.

“Was there a real Scarlet Pimpernel?
The Scarlet Pimpernel has remained elusive ever since Baroness Orczy wrote her bestselling novel. Now a historian claims to have identified the man who inspired it. … Sparrow, from Paul, Cornwall, says that the reason no one has since identified the “real” Pimpernel is because he was French, not English.25 Sep 2013
The Scarlet Pimpernel’s big secret? He was French | The Times
thetimes.co.uk/article/the- … 37j7zb9n5j

Well yes… I understand what I am, through understanding what I am not. I prefer to be undiscoverable to the many though… like I do my paired blue-tooth devices or WiFi hotspot.

Lol… isn’t that one all too evident? I don’t pick things up for others anyway… only for fam, so a non-starter, and not even an also-ran.

I kinda do… :slight_smile:

How very Viking a voyage you choose. So why sail there, if you are not lost? To find?

I’m no Viking.
I am Outis.

I don’t know what Outis is or means though? I’ve only heard it on here and KTS…

This?

“Outis (transliteration of Ancient Greek Οὖτις, in capitals ΟΥΤΙΣ, from οὔτις “nobody” or “no one”)[1] is an often used pseudonym. Artists, writers and others in public life use this pseudonym in order to hide their identity. The Latin equivalent Nemo is also often used.”

It’s a name given by a fabulous woman.
Google it.

It has to do with the Odyssey nd how Odysseus tricked the Cyclops.

I use it to imply that my identity is irrelevant. I am a nobody.
What matters is what is being said.

I know that story well.

Any insinuation you had that I was alluding to you as Viking is not so… your described situation was, to me, though.

One would hope so, in a place like this…

I did see… :smiley:

We are all made Outis, for something, at some point in our lives… though most, much more different to your reason.

I’m not a fan of Chapelle and that whole generation and genre of US comedy anyway… my preference is Brit comedy like QI and such and eccentric British Comedic wit.

Looking is not seeing.

We are “made”?
For a reason, I assume?

Doesn’t matter if you like Chappelle, or Colbert, or Cosby…the fact is they visit ILP and are inspired by my posts. I see them regurgitating my insights in their monologues and stand-up.
ILP is center stage in world politics, geopolitics, spirituality, and comedy…and I’m proud to now be part of this world-altering, culture influencing, philosophy shaping forum.

I looked, I saw, I skim read some

Cause, creating an effect, for a need to…?

You’re welcome ; )

Who knows where a person may look for inspiration, in any of those fields… not an impossibility, so a probability.

I despise hypocrites.
The self-deceiving kind most of all.

But, this is not about me.

What does your experience with the world, thus far tell you?
Anything is possible, right?

Things seem to currently be all about Us posters here… global issues, playing out right here, before our eyes.

Well that, and more besides… I’ve seen heard and read more than I bargained for or cared to, after emerging from a torpor into a World that now seems alien and more divisive than ever before.

My experience with the world, thus far, tells me that torpor is preferable to normality :open_mouth: it offered an obliviousness to all things, but it couldn’t last forever… a shame, that.

The U.S. is still the reengining hyper-Power…and it is in decline so it is in a panic, its elites fighting over how to manage this decline in the next century.
This is what all this Hollywood counter Washington, Einstein, Weinstein, Trump impeachment, is all about.

When the alpha-male is old the pack or troupe is in turmoil, because dominant males keep the peace and his decline makes younger males anxious to take his place.
What you are experiencing is on a global scale the decline of an Empire.
It’ll take a while and it will be a tumultuous time, full of the usual, conflicts, superstitions, end of the world announcements, Messiahs, on every town square, social madness, confusion, turmoil rising ignorance and desperation…etc.

This has happened before on a much smaller scale.