Sailing the Aegean

My words may taste bitter in mouths addicted to sweets, but then a drink of water tastes so when we’ve been sucking on candy for too long.

Addicted to patterns the artist spills his mind out, enjoying the sight of himself with the arrogance of one who dares the other to criticize.
The mathematician traces his mind using the symbols of his thinking, finding fascinating connections, and subtler patterns in the abstractions.
He begins to lose contact with the world they were supposed to represent, and become a world unto themselves – the mind marvelling at the mechanisms of his thinking, given an external form – the representation being represented.

Before others, I’ve been a shadow in my own light - the third in a duality, sitting aside and still participating.
Others feel pity, mistaking their own darkness as belonging to me, bathed in my reflective luminosity.
But I am as I am, and where I ought to be, for this is my essence and can be no other… nor wishing to be.

With no way of standing-out, within a group, the desperate one will take the mundane and mystify it.
Exploiting weakness of mind and body is the only way his brain can surpass the median.

The simplest self-evident truth sounds like profound wisdom in the ears of those who cannot hear, or have failed to listen.

Brevity in speech - Hellenic askesis {ΑΣΚΗΣΗ} - habituates the spirit to efficiency of thought.
Prolepsis {ΠΡΟΛΗΞΗ} against the miser’s linguistic obscurantism, attempting to establish a relationship of spiritual usury.
An exercise in covering the largest distances with as few steps as possible, without leaving the earth’s gravity.

The next Bible will be written in the language of mathematics.

Semantics is where convoluted detail hides intent.

Having lost his footing modern man plummets into the tumultuous sea of existence; the unceasing interactive flux.
Having nothing to grab unto, to keep himself afloat, he, in a last act of desperation, declares himself an immortal god, and drowns in his own ego.

Without internal balance the reaction to externalized absurdity becomes just as absurd.

Rebalancing Pretences
Major spirits claim to be less than what they are; minor spirits claim to be more than what they are.

Paraplanetic Image
America wears her Roman garb, over her Abrahamic soul, like a paraplegic wears his running shoes.

You may believe you are a friend of wisdom (i.e., philosopher) but have you asked her if she considers herself a friend of yours?

A man refers and defers to an icon/idol to the extent that he feels he needs protection from his own prejudices and ignorance.

An honest mind seeks validation from an indifferent, uncertain, world, mirroring its own severity towards itself; a dishonest mind seeks validation in other minds, and finds it in those mirroring its own dishonesty.

The most insulting form of pretension is the one that inadvertently makes a mockery of the source of its inspiration.
Unable to think it imitates what it does not fully grasp, and in the imitation and plagiarism, the thinker being copied is slandered and degraded.

And through the patterns that is I, its freedom is revealed in the uncertainty of its choices.
Thusly, order & chaos merge in a dynamic identity.

If it weren’t for ego, and its purest expression of philia, the Greeks would have vanished a long time ago.

Those who often reject me with passionate fervour, as if I were the soil upon their body, are the same ones bathing in my blood, sweat and tears; drinking deeply, trying to clean away the black void inside of them; trying to quench an insatiable thirst with my brine.

I, on the other hand
who needs no external stimuli,
no outside numbing
to walk through a wood
and feel the wonder

Am not as obsessed to prove
the wonder of my buzz
happy enough to hear it
in the rustling leaves
and bubbling streams

I, on the other hand,
who needs no other to validate