Sailing the Aegean

Man shows reverence for what is most alien to him, towards what lays outside his field of understanding.
Both demons and saints are forms of erotic reverence, seducing the feminine in man.
But when man appreciates critically, he acknowledges himself in the other, and not what he lacks in himself; he does not demonize, nor sanctify…he only (re)cognizes.

If the “medium is the message,” then Indo-European culture has slowly entrapped itself in a bipolar version of a singular message.

The only thing progressive about “progressives”, in relation to modern definitions of conservatives, is that they’ve progressed, gone ahead, adopted more sophisticated, up-dated, methods to escape reality, to deny nature, to justify their Nihilism.
They remain open to newer methods for doing just that.

Demystification: the leveling down of reality expressed as a need to reduce it to a thing, eliminating it as a source of anxiety, producing respect.
The mind ashamed of its nature dreams of tearing down the world to where it finds a common grounding in the base.
The cynic makes everything into a joke; he diminishes the fluid, turning it into an object, and then he ridicules it, bringing it closer, making it more intimate – something lovable because now he can relate to it.

Those who feel the most embarrassed about themselves, insecure about their higher cognitive potentials, those who feel ashamed of their past, will want to pull everything down to its lowest common denominator.
Only then do they feel secure, proud, happy.

Freedom, in whatever form it takes and within what predetermined parameters it emerges, remains free up until the moment it becomes an act.
Once this possibility, this option, manifests into an action it ceases to be free.

Action, behavior, becomes an invested option the moment it turns from a possibility into an application.

Denying your nature only makes you more of a victim of it.
This is why denial of nature is so prevalent amongst the victim psychologies.

The bad thinker prefers ambiguity for the same reason the bad artist prefers abstract art forms.

Some use words to reveal, to expose, to illuminate; others use words to conceal, to hide, to cast a shadow.

Those who know the difference find the latter to be the worse kind of human, because the more they conceal the more they reveal, and in their need what is hidden inside of them, even from themselves, shines brightly…and then why it is concealed is made obvious.

What can be uglier than a pretty shell opening up to let go of its internal rot?
A pretty cadaver decaying from the inside out.

What can be more beautiful than a noble, symmetrical, spirit?
Not time, nor disease, can decrease its appeal.
Every time it opens up you want to be engulfed by its grace.

Arrogance is how low self-esteem protects itself from judgments that cut deep.
Self-deprecating humility is how high self-esteem expresses its indifference towards shallow judgments.

When I’ve purged myself of eros, and tired of thymos, it is in the embrace of hypnos, and his brother thanatos that I release myself, not knowing who will be the stronger of the two.
Together they carry me to the shores of styx, and before I cross over, energies rejuvenated, creativity and destruction call me back for more, and I heed their call.
But, sometimes I wish I could slumber on, wounds not fully healed appetites no longer as pressing, knowing that one day my energies will wane and there will be no more awakening, and that finally, deaf to eros and thymos eternal rest shall be mine.

My words may taste bitter in mouths addicted to sweets, but then a drink of water tastes so when we’ve been sucking on candy for too long.

Addicted to patterns the artist spills his mind out, enjoying the sight of himself with the arrogance of one who dares the other to criticize.
The mathematician traces his mind using the symbols of his thinking, finding fascinating connections, and subtler patterns in the abstractions.
He begins to lose contact with the world they were supposed to represent, and become a world unto themselves – the mind marvelling at the mechanisms of his thinking, given an external form – the representation being represented.

Before others, I’ve been a shadow in my own light - the third in a duality, sitting aside and still participating.
Others feel pity, mistaking their own darkness as belonging to me, bathed in my reflective luminosity.
But I am as I am, and where I ought to be, for this is my essence and can be no other… nor wishing to be.

With no way of standing-out, within a group, the desperate one will take the mundane and mystify it.
Exploiting weakness of mind and body is the only way his brain can surpass the median.

The simplest self-evident truth sounds like profound wisdom in the ears of those who cannot hear, or have failed to listen.

Brevity in speech - Hellenic askesis {ΑΣΚΗΣΗ} - habituates the spirit to efficiency of thought.
Prolepsis {ΠΡΟΛΗΞΗ} against the miser’s linguistic obscurantism, attempting to establish a relationship of spiritual usury.
An exercise in covering the largest distances with as few steps as possible, without leaving the earth’s gravity.

The next Bible will be written in the language of mathematics.

Semantics is where convoluted detail hides intent.