Thank you Carleas!

Said moderator was banning me for publishing this in RANT!!! (of all places) and then stated that they weren’t trying to ban me.

Carleas, thank you for letting me post this in public forums (or at all)!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195358

I have said my peace, even if others stopped responding to it!

You have rested my soul, if even a little bit, and I am very grateful!!

May God have mercy on my soul.

More to the point, may God not violate your consent.

Or, if No God, whatever is behind the existence of existence itself here. The actual ontological and [perhaps] teleological grasp of Consent itself.

Well, assuming of course we have the capacity to determine that…autonomously?

Iambiguous,

It’s really simple why you’re the fool. You use language and truth to argue that language is separate from truth. You chose the wrong side.

[b]On the other hand, has it ever been established [philosophically or otherwise] what it means to actually be of sound mind in discussing things of this sort?

Do you, perchance, have any doubts about your own?[/b]

From my frame of mind, your frame of mind is, well, wobbly. You make assertions about the relationship between language and the truth as though asserting something about them in and of itself makes it true. That clearly works for you. But it doesn’t strike me as particularly arduous thinking.

On the other hand, you have beaten me soundly in every debate that plays out in your head.

So, sure, touché? :wink:

Iambiguous, my post went WAY OVER your head!!!

You are USING language AND truth, to say there is NO language AND truth.

It’s a contradiction.

Okay, but here, in a display of wit, you might have added, “though that’s not saying much.”

Stll, isn’t that a rather fine example of the language games we are often forced to play? Only some of us actually know this.

Or, as Nietzsche once surmised, “One is fruitful only at the cost of being rich in contradictions."

Or how about Georges Bataille: “I believe that truth has only one face: that of a violent contradiction.”

Or maybe Erwin Schrödinger: “If a man never contradicts himself, the reason must be that he virtually never says anything at all.”

And on and on and on…

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: “What we agree with leaves us inactive, but contradiction makes us productive.”

Blaise Pascal: “Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth.”

Christopher Hitchens: “The matter on which I judge people is their willingness, or ability, to handle contradiction."

William Blake: “Do what you will, this world’s a fiction and is made up of contradiction.”

George Santayana: “The world is a perpetual caricature of itself; at every moment it is the mockery and the contradiction of what it is pretending to be.”

Roland Barthes: “What I claim is to live to the full the contradiction of my time, which may well make sarcasm the condition of truth.”

And my own personal favorite…

Orson Welles: “Everything about me is a contradiction, and so is everything about everybody else. We are made out of oppositions; we live between two poles. There’s a philistine and an aesthete in all of us, and a murderer and a saint. You don’t reconcile the poles. You just recognize them.”

Now, this time really try, okay? :wink:

Why don’t you quote me for a change? Men use contradiction is an illusory form of displaying extra energy in order to attract females. Since females ONLy respond to contradiction and most men are just trying to get laid… defending contradiction is the cowards way of just trying to fit in with almost 100% of the human population of MORONS!! IF you contradict yourself and aren’t immediately struck dead by a bolt of lightning, that damage, like newtons law, doesn’t dissipate, it spreads in a diffuse manner to the global system at large. What? We’ve killed 90% of the species because all the assholes you quoted just wanted to fit in?

Iambiguous, do you really comprehend what you’re trying to argue against? You quote ten dickheads as your defense. You’ll find billions more. But I’m not them. Now you’re here with me. That changes things.

Note to others:

In ways none of us will probably ever understand, he really means this.

At least it’s possible.

=D>

Fake news!

Locked.