Pedro's Corner

I think a lot has changed. But obviously I don’t know. I feel Colombia is a country I understand though, because I grew up with a Colombian and went through the shit he went through about being adopted and obsessed with his culture, though I couldn’t help him with it which was extremely frustrating. But though this I got a psychic impression of the country which I don’t have yet with Venezuela.

Trust me, Medellin is still dark as shit. They still move massive amounts of heran.

Truth is, Colombia gets really dark around the border with us. That’s probably the darkest Caribbean culture gets.

A culture like that doesn’t die. It just gets smarter. The lesson they all learned from Escobar is: don’t be so large.

The even truther is: the guerillas are the the tip of the iceberg. Almost a cover.

To understand Colombian darkness, one must be guided by Scarface. That’s the way in from outside. Mean motherfuckers. Mexicans are sadistic, Colombians are mean.

At its core, little has changed from the 80s.

Venezuela laughs at it all.

The laughing thugs.

To be adopted from Colombia and then grow up in a protestant Dutch Friesian family living in a posh street in Amsterdam, this is extremely problematic.
Another Colombian kid was adopted by a guy does a lot of acid and writes about Stalin and his wife (of the guy) and that was all fine, he had an older brother too instead of two older sisters, and the older brother followed in his fathers footstep and walked around with a capsule with powder on his neck but the Colombian has apparently become something of an admired figure. I just looked him up and he is al over the internet as some wise person. The following is too Dutch to be directly visible.

[tab]

[/tab]

But they would be freaked out by this picture.

The Netherlands has a magic that makes its people its much more than other places. That wide smile.

They would laugh their panties off.

Well yeah, l got that. I mean that point is well made. Colombians are loco.
It is this aspect I know. That guy, Jose Juan Delgado or “Gosse van der Maessen” as his new folks dubbed him, was the meanest fucker I knew, which is how I learned to fight.

Well yes at first, but then the creepiness of these stares, the hollow panic… no?

That IS what they would be laughing at.

He would go up to a guy who had threatened him and take him down and have him beg for mercy. He was a small kid but he was very well coordinated. Extremely good football player, which is how I spent most of my days.

That and the sympathy for the negro metido ahi.

lol

Yeah. Colombians have a keen understanding for the deepest implications of a threat. They are not laughing.

wait

Probably Venezuelans are the only people Colombians laugh at. We melt eachother very effectively when we aren’t robbing eachother.