The Philosophers

Does a mountain hide?

Ok, full disclosure, I don’t know what tf I’m saying anymore. But it sounds wise as shit.

Yes, a walnut has no way to value the rock.
A walnut only sees what feeds it.

It is certainly a good hiding place. It hides treasures. It hides itself in the clouds. But this is not what you mean.

And it hides a lot of bugs too.

Holy Guacamol does nature hide herself a lot of bugs.

We must count our blessings though: at least we are not the Ocean.

Although they do all get to fly.

Curiously, bugs, not one thing high mountains hide.

I refuse to call any of these people Communists, as the only Communists I really know are my family, and the dearest and strongest members of that family were all involved very seriously in the Party.

What I distrust is Marxists. None of these Communists I love could be called a Marxist. None of them took an interest in his writing - all that matters was Solidarity and the preservation of culture against what was seen as a pact between fascism and capitalism.

All these beloved Communists renounced their faith in Communism as the USSR became a farce - that doesn’t mean that when people were Communists, they were not the be trusted. On the contrary - the very origin of my grandfathers Communism was his extraordinary trustworthiness as a leader of resistance under nazi occupation.

To be sure, there was a lot wrong with Communism as it developed after the war. But it still put man in space and forced the US to become the great Hegemon. The US owes much to hard core Communism. This is a dialectic which did exist for a moment in history, the back and forth of cultural accomplishments of the USA and the Soviet Union.

There is a very good and suspenseful book about the birth of Communism in Russia; Gorky’s Mother.

That was always standing in the bookcase right beside my grandmothers throne.

No, they just hide yogi’s.

Communism was brave, but it did destroy a lot of very important things.

I agree that the distinction exists, in that the ones of today are not brave one bit.

My great grandfather was arguably a commie, as he was part of the generation that was literally ball and chained from their commie University activities (he bore the scars until his death), eventually exiled and in that exile literally just studied Marx and made connections with communist parties around the world.

Then came back, overthrew the military guys, and planted a dark seed that one day grew into that mighty Oak Chavez.

Thankfully he married a good Christian orthodox and held Christian Democrat fundraisers and rode horses on thick forests he owned the end of which he never found.

But was he was proud of, what I am proud of, is the bravery. Of staring down the fascists. And eventually stepping on their faces.

Not everywhere. The yogi’s are often replaced by cows.

I know you know all this about my Communists. But their honour is mine so in this thread I will defend Communism whenever it is categorically under attack.

Its complicated.
There are also Maoists, and the totalitarianism of China.
They call themselves Communists. I cant really contest that.

Who would ever entrust something to a Maoist?

There youve got a serious point.

I’ve got a serious point anyway.

Honor has no particular political affiliations.

Well, yes. A lot. That can’t be denied.

Your family appears worthy of some vast literary work. Beautiful stuff.

Yes. We are in agreement.

That is an important point to make. Why one can never trust any movement which claims morality. Why Capitalism is the least treacherous system.

Capitalism is mechanical, by which I mean of nature, and thus actually has the capacity to impose certain honor filtration systems and codes that no man can undo.

The Godfather.

This is also what Mamet so outstandingly discovered.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbRUTHGLu9s

The sacredness of contract.

This is what makes Capitalism so lofty -
no one asks you to trust them at face value. Trust as a very severe thing is honoured, created only by ritual of some formal agreement. Be it by law or by a family code, there is a pervasive understanding that there is something like a word that is a bond.

On the contrary. I feel the yogis make the mountains unwholesome and would like to smoke them out. The cows are cool. How the fuck did they even get there?

Try staring down a bull on a narrow path.