time travel?

And don’t think that my analogous pause has any other basis , that mirror the mirrors Your reticence describes.
I’m briefly on a few days holiday to some thing resembling a seasonal winter wonderland, …for my 5 year old grandson who can not associate it with the coming holidays.

This is no cop out, but a realization that it will take digging to put it in the right spin.

Thanks for name-dropping me three times. You wouldn’t be the first to experience trouble interpretting Meno_ fyi.

My issue with speaking with you before was that I could see where you were going, I kept trying to head you off, and it was consistently too much of a leap for you to keep track of. It’s my fault for being too impatient to follow your babysteps, and of course you were and are still right that discussions can benefit from babysteps to make sure every detail is precisely covered at every step of the way.

Nevertheless, we successfully narrowed it down to you claiming that you can define the undefinable, through rejecting the concept of undefinable as definable but not yet defined. Still, it was frustrating for both of us, in our different ways, to take so long just to get there. And you still think you were detecting errors in my reasoning, just as I was detecting errors in your reasoning: it’s obvious to me that the infinite is a quality and not a quantity, that ways to describe infinities are means and not ends, and that infinite is the literal opposite of finite/definite/definable. I can only try to get you to see the same obviousness, but I can’t guarantee success when such a thing is not fully down to me.

‘Sil said’:
“Thanks for name-dropping me three times. You wouldn’t be the first to experience trouble interpretting Meno_ fyi.”

It was said equally about You, I am afraid.

‘Sil’ said:

“Nevertheless, we successfully narrowed it down to you claiming that you can define the undefinable, through rejecting the concept of undefinable as definable but not yet defined.”

That is not the impression I got from what he had to say, but let that pass.

I would put it down to sustaining the same kind of problem that this forum concerns it’s self, which is the basis of holding the reductibility of the continuum to the particular part.

Again the levels describe another set, or a purported set of incomparable languages, whose symbolic significance does not correspond into the admitted formal frame of reference.
The bottom of this next set level of inconsistency is based on the circulatory of the shared set of formal discussions implied by the varience of similitude underneath the anti deravetive of their differing planes of reference.

I just begin to try to take a “babystep” to understand meno and I come back to find that the topic has changed already.

I have enough trouble trying to communicate with either one of you. Both of you together is clearly a hopeless encounter.

Sil, do you too believe in time travel? A yes or no would be fine but feel free to express your reasons. I will avoid rebuttal. Apparently James had reasons for these encounters but it’s not for me.

Meno, you mentioned that you are a grandfather. I don’t want to out anyone, but is there some reason behind your language being so different than others here?

I’m sorry to overwhelm you even by my presence alone.
I can clearly see the urgency to take as small steps as possible if conversing with you.

I don’t believe in time travel, no.

At the risk of supplying you with too much, I explained what I find to be logical issues with time travel on an earlier post on this very same thread.
Any avoidance of any rebuttal is fine, I have no intention to make you uncomfortable.

I believe in time travel, but time doesent travel I travel through time

Those mean the same thing to me.

And I guess that you believe in it because of what the quantum guys (what James called the “Quantum Magi”) have espoused?

Does everyone agree with the idea that time is the “relative measure of change”?

If that is right then time travel would just mean changing everything either back to the way it was without you changing back or changing it much faster into what it will be while not changing faster yourself.

It seems to me that changing the entire universe in any direction or by any speed (especially the light) is ridiculous.

Time travel as a concept already exists but it is not something we have any control over which is why it fascinates us so much

However when this question comes up it helps to define as rigorously as possible what time actually is
Is it therefore a physical entity like space or is it merely a construct of our apparently temporal minds

Time is usually defined as the distance between any two points but is that time itself or merely the measurement of the distance
Is it possible that it does not truly objectively exist but we still had to invent it in order to separate different points of reference

Is time more accurately an effect rather than a dimension
Is it merely a property of anything that cannot travel at c

Remember when Newton and therefore everyone else thought that it was absolute and that that false wisdom then remained unquestioned for over two centuries
Is it possible that Einstein simply brought us closer to the reality but we still have to make yet another leap across the ontological abyss to get to the actual truth

Is the concept of timelessness something that needs to be seriously considered simply because we know so little about the reality we perceive
As we currently cannot account for 96 per cent of the observable Universe which is predicated up on the model of four dimensional spacetime
And so does time itself need a complete rehaul as well or are we truly satisfied that our mathematical model of it is what it is in actual reality

Should we therefore not be very wary indeed of equating the map with the territory when the map in question currently only has a miserable 4 per cent accuracy
Remember at the end of the nineteenth century when physics was declared virtually complete since it had no more serious questions that needed to be answered

And then this thing called Quantum Mechanics was suddenly discovered followed a bit later on by this other thing called General Relativity
And over I00 years later we still have absolutely no idea how to join these two incompatibles together no matter how hard we actually try

I have no definitive answers to these questions but there are interesting ones to ask even if only from a philosopical perspective
Although I still think that they are just as much scientific ones as they are anything else

Say my watch has stopped … does anyone happen to have the correct time on them …

They don’t mean exactly the same, and their similarity can be discovered, as they had been. Quantum Magi came after I intuited the difference, and intuition may very well have a pretty fair batting average.

I am still waiting for an answer to a question posed to the Oracle of Delphi

?

Merely a pun, and a hidden allusion to psychic phenomenon.

Incidentelly, the Delphic Oracle was pretty accurate in prediction, and it’s method could claim a special conduit to a synchronistic tie in between various time bits,

The idea of time bits spliced together rather than a flow , appears at least equally readable even without an intended pun.
Recall, telepathy, and psychic phenomena generally, even subconscious travel during sleep, can indicate a deeper level of condciousness.
There is a religion based on soul travel. Ekankar, which is predicated on that, and I personally had only one clear experience of that, after my mother died, and my brother in law had one as well.
William James wrote about psychic phenomenon extensively, and both in this country, but more in Russia, academic interest is very interested in it.
Time travel , viewed this way puts s different spin on the idea that contemporaneous events are proof positive of an imminent gestalt of all events, rather then a reposition of the past and the future, as if the occupied a position of differing objective travel of subjects-as if time was such an entity.

The subject travels through a conscious differentiation of the varitable levels realization .
That becomes the basis of.determinists who claim things happen because they were meant to.happen.
The.Delphic.Oracle became an ancient.institution because of its reliable , tested ability to.grasp prophecy.

Theoretically I can imagine something like a “block-time”, where one block can be rearranged inside and still have the same net result,

Also I can conceive an elaborate parallel universe explanation which would make for a very psychedelic omniverse.

Neither idea seems very plausible.

What I do know for a logically derived fact is that the future already works on us, pushes itself on us.
Many consequences have already been calculated in matter into very distant futures and the implications of this already form a tunnel for us.
This is not an endorsement of determinism, as I see the arche of being as unadaptedness.

Wherever all is adapted to all there is a “nanogoo” which cant perceive or be perceived, a flatlined ontos.

Removed

Aliens are … I mean, they’re cool.

It’s like, time travel comes in handy to being cool.

Acting cool.
Always a bit flashy and on the dank side

That’s a Alien.

Garden of Eden is fam

Atlantis is the name

We are here.

Time is illusion
Time is collusion
Time is preclusion; exclusion,
It is a passage to nowhere,
Coming from everywhere,
It breaks amup to be put together
It refuses it reuses it remembers, relates, resembles,
It reforms & returns
It reminisces and relocates,
but returns always recognizes
It’t returns and and retreats
Recreates forgets and returns
Daily

The room:

There for Right?

Quite a mind boggling text you produced on the subject.

May be more later, when I am not so fixated.