Have they changed the formula for Coke recently?

The last 3 times I’ve tasted it, it has tasted like they’ve mixed it with that disgusting Tesco “pine” disinfectant. The first time, a few weeks ago, was in an Indian restaurant. I complained and made them give me a new glass, which was the same. Then, the other day, it happened in KFC, and most recently when I bought a can of it. It was only the third time that I realised it was only Coke that this happens with, and that those are the only 3 occasions in months that I’ve drank the stuff.

Hey Maia, it sounds like a case of fake goods to me… fake goods usually mean cheap, and therefore usually toxic, ingredients… I hate when shops do that, as it plays havoc with my intolerances.

With the current phenomena for food intolerances being high, it’s very irresponsible of these places, to be doing that.

Are you going to report them?

That’s a good point and I hadn’t thought of that. I don’t actually know why I ordered it anyway to be honest, as I’m a bit of a fitness freak most of the time and it’s basically poison.

Yeah, how’s the whole fitness gig going for you? I recall you mentioning it a while back…

If you are so inclined to report it… the Food Standards Agency, FSA, are the ones to contact.

It’s going very well thanks. Regularly managing 3 hours a day of squats, usually really early in the morning, and another 3 in the evening if I’m not working.

Wow, 3 hours… I admire your dedication… and energy levels, in maintaining that routine.

I guess every day is leg day, for you. :slight_smile:

I love working out, but your routine would literally kill me.

I had to build up to it but have managed to maintain it for a couple of years now without any breaks. The trick is to do it at the same time each morning. It also, incidentally, helps with my diurnal rhythm, which used to be all over the place.

Back when I used to drink fizzy drinks, Pepsi Max and Sprite were my main choice of fizzy beverage, but now its all water, sugar-less and milk-less tea and coffee, and carefully selected alcohol.

Coca Cola used to taste good and didn’t use to aggravate my intolerances, but then it did… along with the majority of all consumerables on the planet.

There’s definitely new things in the food/drink chain that weren’t there before… our options are to either starve, or choose the least intolerant options… and even then, the GMO might get you/floor you… so the final option is to All live off of a drip and cease pooing but mainly only pee. I’d rather go down that route, than the imminent one of replicated Star Trek-esque food… it’s already a thing, you know.

I think I’ve mentioned it before but I keep getting invited to go out and live on a commune near the Welsh border where they only eat food they’ve grown themselves or traded with other communes for and only drink what they can draw from the ground. The problem is that even that is contaminated, but I suppose no where near as badly as the plastic food available in supermarkets. I’m still tempted, but it would mean giving up my job.

…not just your job but your family and life, so dependent on the pros and cons of living there i suppose.

Could you not visit short-term at first, to see if it’s for you? or is it an all-or-nothing move/kinda deal? then you could see what goes on there, but perhaps they wouldn’t want that, so full commitment to move or nothing… that’s a big leap to make.

Just be careful of cults, where not only do they own you but your mind and libido too.

I’ve already spent time there, quite a few weeks altogether, during breaks from work and so on. They seem very friendly and uncultlike. As for my mind and libido, if you see either of them please let me know, as I think I’ve lost them somewhere!

Well you’re a Brave Soul, in going there… how was it for you?

Well your mind seems all there, but I cannot comment on your libido… was it akin to village life? what did daily life there involve, in how was your days occupied, by and with what?

I enjoyed it but then I really like camping and outdoor stuff anyway. I’ve been there when they were digging up potatoes and washing them. Other times the work is mostly about clearing up rubbish and building things out of something called cob, a mixture of soil and plant material. Most of their houses are made out of this which is very durable. They were arranged in a large circle with a bonfire in the centre around which they ate their meals. During the festivals they spend a whole day preparing a feast. I felt quite at home there.

…sounds similar to volunteering at a Buddhist Centre… all chores, and maintenance work, and cleaning, and clearing rubbish, but not building things, so more wax-on wax-off.

Cob houses always remind me of fairytale houses, or Surrealist-architecture… either spooky, or cool, or modern, or pretty, or olde-worlde looking. Do you think they can withstand a hurricane?

Who doesn’t love a good festival… food, music, dancing, drink, entertainment… is this Community supposed to be temporary, or are there permanent inhabitants too?

Maia,

Make sure to only buy Mexican Cokes. No really! It’s a thing! They come in bottles.

There’s a huge underground market for classic anything… like how people smuggle European cigarettes into the states.

Capitalism works like this (and has for quite some time)…

Not only is there planned obsolescence to contend with…

There are literally people hired to figure out how to reduce the cost of each item by 1/4 of a penny… they get a lump sum of tens of millions of dollars and retire. But they’re not fooling everyone! Not you!!

I kid you not. I remember when Taco Bell was gourmet food. After 20 years of hiring these types of people, it’s literally become shit on a plate.

It’s just about money Maia … but you still have global options. Enjoy them while you can!

I’m sure they can withstand a hurricane, though I suppose hurricanes are quite rare in that part of the world. And yes, they can be made into literally any shape or size that you want. These ones are smooth and rounded with no hard corders or square shapes.

The community is permanent and has been there for some time. They also have invited guests who can come to the festivals and stay there for short periods at other times to help out with the work.

I’m only using local produce as much as possible, and avoiding the large conglomerates.

They can indeed withstand a hurricane, and the oldest known cob house still standing is 10,000 years old… I was thinking if it was feasible to build one in The Caribbean… my design would be of the rounded/windproof variety lol, and also comprise of a few turrets and huge curved windows.

…do they stock coca cola? ; )

Attending the festivals sounds fun, as long as you’re allowed to have fun… that is. You never know, you could meet ‘the one’ there…

I’m sure the Caribbean would be perfect.

One never knows.

Caribbean cob houses are a thing/do exist, and look stunning painted white and floors tiled and ceilings timbered… complete with adjacent lagoon-esque pool. They/cob houses, are very reminiscent of Gaudi’s Casa Batlló… all rounded facade and quirky individualistic style.

I would also build an outdoor cob oven, and get a sailboat or pedalo for the lake.

Perhaps you might meet over a cola… you never know. wink