These are not universal truths...

Geez, Pedro. I’ll just about die if you don’t read another word.

By social justice I mean the true subject matter of morality. Distributive justice.

As oppposed to worrying about whether or not your boyfriend just lied to you about where he was last night. Morality is only interesting in terms of a given social group. Like a country. Because it’s all politics, anyway.

I hope this gets you to read another word. I was sooooo excited when I saw that you responded.

Like, literally excited.

Caution: Serious philosophers at work! :wink:

"By social justice I mean the true subject matter of morality. Distributive justice. "

For the man I consider to have the most rigorous approach to philosophy that I have seen that is alive, this is like a shit in the face.

I’ll just say this: I never heard you mention it… Before Greta.

No, I won’t read another word. This is disasterous.

My man.

We have a hard enough time pinning down justice. Never mind! Never mind social. And suddenly, like a fully baked cake, off-hand enough to be disdainful about,

Social justice.

Ave María Santísima…

I remember the first time I heard social justice.

The dishonesty was so patent, I had not until know suspected people viewed it as anything than strictly realpolitikal.

This really sucks.

Well that escalated quickly.

positive law is social justice then, distributive.
As opposed to natural justice, as a presumed tuning fork of evolution. Evolution in A natural.
A good positive law is attuned to natural law but overlays it like a chord. The US constitution is a massive 12 gauge chord.

3glwhb.jpg

On the Question of Truth;
Note my point here;
Truth is a Relation, Condition, and Perspective
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195337&p=2745759#p2745759

What is most interesting about the problem of universals is that it is still discussed.

It’s like a spell was put on all of you for a moment!!

I know you all know this, but you posted the ignorance of it anyways.

“There are not universal truths”

Is either a universal truth or not.

If it is a universal truth: then universal truths exist

If it is not a universal truth: then universal truths exist.

Yeah… I’m surprised people are talking about this still as well…

Universal truths exist regardless of your opinion,

One notable universal truth is that nobody wants their consent violated.

People can lie to themselves and others as posturing, but when push come to shove; no being/organism really WANTS this to occur.

That’s a universal truth for organisms that abstract yes/no on some level.

Ah yes, the Ol’ the only universal truth is no universal truth routine! Didn’t see that one coming…!?

Thats good.

“Nobody wants what they don’t want” - “all bachelors are unmarried” -

But many people want to be overruled in some respects - those where they don’t seek responsibility.

Again, this is what happens when you use the noun form, “truth”. And when you apply it to something besides a statement. And when you use “truth” in a statement about which you want to ascertain the truth of. I really should have coverrd this earlier.

Ecmandu - you have, once again, committed a violent rape. Which appears to be your hobby.

Language must assume itself as universal truth to bring all possible options for reality under its scope.
Universal truths inside of language include grammatical laws, that for example that subject relates to an object through an action. Concepts like “consent” and “violation” derive from this grammar as much as they do from the rest of reality.

Freedom is a feeling.
You probably have felt it before.

The biggest freedom is the enslaving of body by the mind.

Freedom means active, class-distinction.

One youtube user said:
“When you want to be somewhere, and you are there, you are then free.”

Merging slave and master to get over duality.

Freedom is reuniting with self.

Is it then a universal truth that “what is most interesting about the problem of universals is that it is still discussed”?

Or is it just one man’s opinion?

Puerile

Is this a universal truth about my post?

Or just one man’s opinion. Embedded in, among other things, dasein.

What is a faustian truth?

I wonder about this.
I can guess, and it may not be purely made of straw.

We can only know something, if we can feel it or sense it with our senses.

The highest abstraction is merely made of elements.

Truth as a thing, requires support, from and of elements.

Truth is about language only because language is elemental.

Gas is elemental for driving a car.

Activity is when elements align.

Thought is a form of activity.

With the right elements, we can make an image of an event.

A good truth is like a mirror.

We know something to the extent that we can make true statements about that something.

Knowledge, like truth and like everything else that is of interest to a philosopher, exists on a continuum.

Purely binary thinking, like iam’s, is a great impediment to even understanding this.