Should I vote for Boris?

Grow a backbone.

It was Tusk, I believe, who has recently told us to stay in the EU, yet again.

We’ve been talking a lot about this at work. Most of the people who use our facilities are elderly, so perhaps they are not representative, but I’m noticing a distinct hardening of attitude against the EU and all it stands for. I have even been considering getting involved in politics myself. The Brexit Party would be my first choice, though it seems to be tearing itself apart at the moment.

The nomination deadline has already gone.

Lol Urwrong, but there’s no better feeling than voting for your fellow Party buddies… we even discuss it at post-election drinks… I can’t remember if we can vote for ourselves… it’s been a while, so allow me not remembering. ; )

Ask yourself this: “What would Trump do?”

Send out some Tweets?

Lol

No, lie.

It’s never too late to rule your own destiny.

I don’t like the idea of giving-up self-control to bureaucrats.

I think Boris has proven that he is at least a wholehearted Englishman. He is doing his best to live up to his idol Winston Churchill whose 2014 or so biography he wrote in battling against totalitarian Germans. I am impressed with how far he has come as such a pure … hobbit of sorts.

Listening to him talk, I feel him to be far more honest and genuine than almost any other PM I can remember.

So then what do you do? How do you effect change if you don’t get involved or vote? The moment I started thinking and talking about politics, I got involved, as doing otherwise would be a waste of my time and effort used, if I stopped at just thinking and talking about it… and that was an indicator, to me, that I wanted to get involved.

I’ve been a bureaucrat in my day job, so nothing new for me, but I also think that Maia should stand in the next Local/General elections. :smiley:

Not sure about that last bit!

I do Philosophy. What’s the point of leading and politics, if you don’t know the way?

You say that now… but you never know :slight_smile:

:smiley: True, but isn’t that what Advisers are for? but they don’t always give valued/good-judgmented advise, so perhaps they, in turn, are being misinformed? so a question of hiring better-advised Advisers?

Do you advise the Advisers?

I thought that was your job.

“Listening to him talk, I feel him to be far more honest and genuine than almost any other PM I can remember.”

I think he has a clear set of priorities and it never occurs to him to lose sight of them. British standards simply compel him to disinterestedly look down on Jucker and such mainland folk in as far as they would have any pretences to govern English affairs. It is absurd, he gets that and he is moreover not bothered by it because he feels neither surprise nor sympathy. A very normal, sane man in fact, which is apparently something the English still produce.

You do? that’s kind :smiley: …we all play our part and do what we can… for the outcome we are after, but some demographics think they know better, so better to place energies elsewhere where advice is listened to and acted on… that’s my preference anyway… the result of which, is effecting change, and in politics… no good deed goes unpunished, which simply means in Political terms that you’ll be expected to do more/get more involved, the more you do and are successful at doing it.

Creatives and Politics is not a heady mix, but we all work to make it work, but it’s not been quick-enough for my tastes, but we none-the-less persevere if we believe in something and are passionate-enough about that cause. My family are from a political background, so I knew it would only be a matter of time…

Like all politicians, he is a liar. But his lies are honest lies, in the sense that no one actually believes them, and both they, and he, know it. Corbyn and his ilk tell lies that they still expect people to believe, and that is their ultimate arrogance. That why I think I trust Boris, because I don’t, if that makes sense.