exercising meditations

Hello all
this is a friendly thread
It contains friendly friends, namely, methods.

Method 1:

sit in a place with two moving waters.

Keep discerning the sound of one moving water from the other.

when was the last time anyone ever sat in close proximity to two moving bodies of water? one can sit by a creek, or by a river, or by a stream, or by an ocean, but how often does one find two or more of these together? and even if one did, one can’t sit between the same rivers twice, anyway.

tell you what i’m gonna do; i’m gonna turn the bathroom faucet on and the kitchen faucet on and then i’m gonna sit in the hallway. will that work?

There was a little martial arts, Chinese sanctuary garden grove in a regular Xbox video game called Jade Empire, and the beginning town there is called Two Rivers.

And speaking of Focus (a key Bruce Lee facet), I talked largely in my own notebooks about “focusing the flow”, focusing the flow of the 2 rivers of time to shape and mold infinite architectonics into display, like 2 zippers (which I later covered in a “Prophecy” section):

In this light the ability to focus the flow of the river of time may be a key to unlocking the secrets of the Holy Grail and the Tree of Life interconnecting every fruit, leaf, and branch to the trunk of the Perfect All.

A red ball of energy begins to form a blue cage waving with potential. The ball shoots lines out across All of the threads as they begin to break asunder and zip into a trench. Both Infinities fire out and explode Everywhere as the entire continuum soars through the green horizons of Time into Heaven.

:sunglasses:

Mc Guyver over here.
Yes that was in the end what I figured for a solution for those who aren’t in the luxurious situation Im in.

Nice power, ET

another meditation:

think about what you are trying to be free from (e.g. illusion, or debt, or pain, or guilt)

and then think about what you are trying to be free for/to.

See if these two freedoms have a way in common.

Ive got another one

divide the self experience through time up in three portions:

the truth
the active illusion
the passive illusion

Okay.
Joy…Grief.

I do not formally meditate but over time I am very slowly letting go of the chains that bind me
This is meditation in all but name and is ongoing until my final moment of existence in this life

To be as detached as possible - to be an observer rather than a participant - is for me the best way to let go
To realise my complete insignificance in the grand scheme of things while still giving meaning to my own life
Loosening some of the mental screws that hold me as I understand the need to let things pass whenever I can

I find driving to be meditative.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4RPQQkS96I[/youtube]

We are the result of everything that we have thought. The Mind is our nature.

It’s by unleashing the powers of our imaginations that we become more free. The word is reason. The mental vision is far better than words, for words sparking vision can break every restriction at the ultimate level.

So if we can find the right patterns (the right codes [words]), then that projects the holographic, meditative lights in our minds, the ultimate goal, to behold our creations.

I feel life is like a piece of music. Once it has got going you have to keep up singing in tune and marching to the beat or you’ll make a mess of it and people will hate you. And then you have lost touch and you need to find a new song.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fC1qSxpmKo[/youtube]

Lets get back to real exercises.

Stand. Raise one foot to about knee height or slightly less, it needs to be relaxed. Then relax the raised foot entirely. And once it is relaxed place I back on the floor without tensing. Then raise the other foot. Continue.

The more elaborate an exercise, the less energy will pass through it.

I do a zen type meditation, but I also sometimes do this:

I sit anywhere, but often the garden is best, and close my eyes and focus on the sounds around me. I do not try to switch between sounds, I just let my mind go to whichever it chooses.

I forgot to add that if there is, locally, a sound that normally irritates e.g. the neighbours’ barking dogs, then this sort of meditation in which one can focus on the barking actually serves, over time, to reduce the nuisance value of sounds that annoy or persist.

Sit, lie down, even walk. Notice what you feel. Express it as sound, let it develop. Perhaps occasionally if there is a core verbal component to it, say that with as much expression and as you feel it. Let the next thing come. Notice little hints that you are avoiding something. Feel it. Express it. That is a start at letting internal flora and fauna actually live. A lot of people don’t realize how much they hate themselves.

Interpreting sounds as nuisances and softening and blocking those out vs the transvulgent quest of grasping ones one self hatred in a path of movement.
there is a difference in experience.

I appreciate this meditation Karpel Tunnel because it is psychological and these are the most rewarding.

Still, the fragility of the first phase is a given, and its efforts of vanity should not be scorned. It is vanity which provides the “right to illumination” i.e. the right to be liberated from oneself - (meditation as an expression self hatred) - but which self? Indeed there is much in most of us to be overcome.

People who haven’t meditated as much as me don’t understand the highest level of mediatation. They actually try to meditate!!!

There is no time and in nothing I do where I am not totally absorbed in meditation…

Everything I do is meditation! And I don’t even have to try anymore. Everything is just a state of meditation for me.

Deciding what is self and what is not, what is introjected, what is an invasive meme, what is one’s own desire, what are thoughts one has arrived at, what are one’s that have been shoved in, what is guilt as opposed to love, what is shame as opposed to wanting to accomplish more
all of this is very tricky to sort out.

I do do a form of meditation but it is not based on detachment or disidentification. I do hate some of my habits. Some of the trick is to understand and form a bond with that which is drawn to the habit (which is a poor solution).

I am certainly not advocating ‘just accept yourself’, though there is a certain truth in that, it can be very misleading. I have goals and desires and skills I want to improve, and all those things can be worked on without hating yourself.

But knowing when it is self-hate and when it is good striving, there’s the rub. Or, one of the rubs.

I think this is where courage is. In the movies courage generally has to do with risking your life and explosions.

I think courage is being able to face what is actually going on inside you, what you are actually doing and have done and want, even the seemingly more horrendous stuff and then also on the other end of the spectrum the most pathetic, and working forward from there.

It’s exploratory.

That makes me think a little of the Japanese.