The Philosophers

For a long time I considered studying neuroscience at university. During that time, I read Iacoboni’s The Mirror Neuron. It is the neuroscientist’s version of a pirate movie. That guy GETS it. That book is also where I found out about a machine whose name I forget, that is able to electromagnetically switch neurons on and off at the individual neuron level.

Yes yes. This was never in doubt.

That is more interesting than anything Dawkins, yes.

So to pin them down isn’t easy.

“In humans, brain activity consistent with that of mirror neurons has been found in the premotor cortex, the supplementary motor area, the primary somatosensory cortex, and the inferior parietal cortex.”

“Small populations of mirror neurons have been found in areas of the brains of monkeys, humans, and birds. In the macaque brain, those areas include area F5 of the inferior frontal cortex (ventral premotor cortex) and the inferior parietal lobule (IPL).”

“It is not normally possible to study single neurons in the human brain, so most evidence for mirror neurons in humans is indirect. Brain imaging experiments using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) have shown that the human inferior frontal cortex and superior parietal lobe are active when the person performs an action and also when the person sees another individual performing an action. It has been suggested that these brain regions contain mirror neurons, and they have been defined as the human mirror neuron system.”

mirror neuron.png
“The mirror neurons can be activated only after the goal of the observed action has been attributed by other brain structures.”

"LEHRER: If we’re wired to automatically internalize the movements and mental states of others, then what does this suggest about violent movies, television programs, video games, etcetera? Should we be more careful about what we watch?

IACOBONI: I believe we should be more careful about what we watch. This is a tricky argument, of course, because it forces us to reconsider our long cherished ideas about free will and may potentially have repercussions on free speech."

scientificamerican.com/arti … n-revolut/

And the process can be enjoyed from a position of great luxury.
Much art could be born, in fact such a transition could perhaps only take place where nature feasts on herself like in a Renaissance.

Anyway what a mirror neuron does is locking value down, so as for it to become natural force, WtP.

Climatology of the brain.
When neurons in general discharge there is much spin being flipped so a lot of nonlocal suff might be going on. A mirror neuron system may be a general receptacle of subatomic consequence, a balancing scale, representing to the brain more or less the climate of decisions that is going to be relevant.

That last paragraph illustrates a lot of what matters in neuroscience. I got dissuaded because there was no proper schematic thinking that can yet be applied to it. No proper structure thinking. At that time I also looked into systems thinking, but it was a dead-end.

Truth be told, with the chess illustrations on Pedro’s corners, VO begins to take on a new promising light

This one

;;

Yes.

Check it: whoever says individual neurons don’t matter is a fool. Whoever says it is a straightforward chain reaction or perfectly discreet localized functions is also at this point a fool.

Whoever thinks more knowledge is held in the past yhan in the future is most fool.

It’s not a chemical soup. It’s also not a network in any way we understand networks.

Gah. That would have been a fun life. New Age hippies have a tall bill.

TTHence thus Einstein was wrong and QM is crucial.
The irreducibility of the smallest to the greatest.
Irreducibility only goes one way. From beings to God, not from God to being.

Precisely because there is much reduced, the future is able to suck the present into it, and this is why time exists. Time is not a giant bashing his head against a wall of no time. Time is a stream of events sucked in a consistent pull. So it is not a billiard ball situation, but rather a phantom of debris spiralling around into a core of necessity in ever more sentient patterns.

No I didn’t get that right.

Still. A void can have many forms when it enters a non-void.

Being is the resistance to direct transmitting of information.

I cannot respect a framework that purposfully gets it wrong.

Re QM

Ah yeah that actually not unlike what we now (don’t) know as Dark Matter.
Self-valuing patterns which refuse to transmit the information they’re carrying from some primordially previous encounter. Or perhaps it is simply matter waiting to be born into the electromagnetic universe.

Being able to take measurements does not a cogent hypothesis make.

But that’s the worst part. It doesn’t purport to even be a hypothesis. Just random results. It even posits itself as an impossibility of hypothesis.

Terrible. Just terrible.