Pedro's Corner

Another way to ask that: who takes more beatings?

But then… Can there be a more discrete self-valuing than Mike Tyson?

And yet, he became that by performing one of the most detailed genealogical studies of boxing ever undertaken.

People love to hate on Magnus, because he’s so messy, but onlike the old guard he always plays to win. When he is facing a worthy oponnent who is playing for a draw or in general not necessarily to win, you can smell the frustration. those are the ones he is likeliest to lose.

It’s like he has visions man, it’s…

I saw one once, I can’t even describe it. Holy Moley.

He was somewhere dee

Aw, I can’t do it. Jesus Christ. None of us watching will ever forget it.

Like look. I haven’t seen so many Fisher games. But when he does his unexpected crazy, you can always trace it back. Oh, THIS was what was happening. And that is the joy. But with Carlsen, You would have to trace back the entire history of chess. There is no THIS is what was happening. Just… Just THIS is what is happening. Barely.

The most common comment on that tournament was: what did I just see?

Like a tickle. Is a tickle ever truly there?

And BAM.

The noose is alredy tight and you didn’t even see it pulled over your head. Except it wasn’t Magnus pulling it. It was the entire history of Chess.

People that beat him, they don’t see his structures. They just smell his mood. They trace the unaccountable moment. It is a build-up like a movie, not a set-up like a strategy.

Nah, he can be traced. But only by economy, not by wit. Yes you do see hooks, you just could not ever possibly fathom what they will do. Smart players don’t wonder, they just fend.

Mark Twain once said there are two types of intelligence. The type that discourages, makes you feel like a fool, and the type that dazzles and encourages. Like it’s showing you the heights, rather than beating you with a clever trained sword.

Eisntein would have immediately understood his point. I think they had the same haircut, too.

People tend to prefer swords to cliffs. Mostly, because swords are easier.

That’s one reason they find rap offensive. “Hey, he’s not even TRYING to make me feel like shit!”

Blood thirsty bastards prefer strong opponents.

Yeah these are more significant as they run through time. A genealogy as a self-valuing through time.
But I don’t want to take away from the useful (valuable, beautiful) distinction.

I mostly want to be an attack. But sure, an attack has to be a claw, so a coherence.
Im just approaching 1500 in blitz now and thats very satisfying. Actual chess is being played sometimes, rather than stacking of ugly errors.

Same structure throughout black and white?

Haha, yes I was just rewatching some banter blitz games last night, an episode where he kind of lost it, very weird situation with another GM standing in for him as Magnus got out of the shower. I seemed like some form of sex had been going on in advance, maybe girls left, maybe it was the two of them, and it didn’t help his game. Of course only because he insisted on using completely off the wall openings.
youtube.com/watch?v=gA7AfpLY2YE

Thats frankly amazing.
Seriously, really like this distinction genealogy/selfvaluing. The appearance of a maddening self-valuing from a struggle of/for genealogies is extremely telling of what self-valuing really is and requires, and how rare it is to see a pure one.
Great.

Yes, great.

Wut lol thats a hard one.

He was born on one out of two days in the 60s of an exact Pluto-Uranus conjunction. I mean perfectly exact. The only listed person on astrotheme born during an exact conjunction.
Supremely discreet.

Id like to see this tournament now.

Another powerful description of self-valuing trumping genealogy.
And thereby making all genealogies into the genealogy of that one event which can not be reduced.
Irreducibles not as basic elements but supreme coherences, not an imperishable hydrogen atom but a chalice of gold beset with ruby which brings immortality.
Or benefic tyranny, Napoleon needed to happen to secure the basic integrity of France against the struggle of is genealogies.
Nap, from the rugged fringes of the nation - his existence could not be predicted beforehand.

Yeah, he just lures them into that history, into some dark crevice of it that had never seen the light and only existed in a 8th degree derivative, somewhere lurking for reality.

In some instances both can exist at the same time. But that requires a strong subject. One the can take beatings, has a lot of genealogy in the blood he spits. In any case, the general truth of this has to do with why you’re right about astrology.