What's in a name?

The problem is that there is only evidence.

Since you’re asking about possibly the most coveted knowledge there is among powerful humans, it would be recommended that you spend, like with all sciences, some time on serious study so you know what kind of questions to ask and if you really want to know the answers. For example, draw a few dozen charts, to begin with of yourself and of the people around you.
You can use this.
astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi
and just google whatever you want to see explained, make sure to read a few different hits for everything.

As for my own interest, you can check some of these sources.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovHSYGJiaXw[/youtube]

astrologyweekly.com/forum/s … p?t=110629
beforethelight.forumotion.com/t5 … r-calendar

wait dragon lady! before you watch that astrology video, watch this one first…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNSHZG9blQQ[/youtube]

Hahaha, yes, people without self respect can of course not possibly take an honest look at astrology.
This is the “problem”, if anyone cares, with such a science: about half the people on the planet would rather die than have any idea of what they are.

Lol.

For example, if promethean75 would have his chart read, (he couldn’t muster the discipline or concentration to read his own) he would be told that he is intellectually challenged, despite having much intellectual pride. That he should work with his hand if is to make himself useful. And that in turn would be reason for him to reject the whole science. Thats just the way humans are. Childish to the extreme.

Same sort of thing with value ontology (the inside of the will to power) by the way; one must actually exist to dare to understand what it means to exist. Most people don’t really exist nowadays, they’re merely functions of their devices and ideologies.

I take you, dragon, for someone with a good chart, and yet you will want to ask yourself to what extent you wish to know yourself.

so intellectually challenged that after dabbling with astrology charts when i was eighteen years old, i quickly concluded that astrology was an unfalsifiable pseudo-science incapable of any empirical verification that consistently confused correlation with cause (mars in the tenth house caused the stock crash. no way was it just correlated), reveled in the ambiguity of language (libras are ‘graceful’; okay, but how many ways can we define ‘graceful’?), and tended to put into the heads of its practitioners an element of manifest destiny; they begin to act like the personality type they are told they are… and then, post-hoc, believe they are fulfilling the truth of what they read.

but that’s my fate. to be intellectually challenged. it’s written in the stars.

(although i feel the need to inform everyone that i am a capricorn/tiger. in primal astrology, the komodo dragon. but you can just call me ‘boss’ if you want)

Oh you dabbled and quickly concluded, is it?

Brilliant, promethean. Only you could illustrate my point about you so perfectly.

well i’m a little quicker than most, so there is that…

Dragon - it speaks for itself that a person with self-respect will, when confronted with a means to analyze oneself, seek to come up with a favourable picture, and if this isn’t convincingly provided, he will reject the whole method.
A person with self-respect will seek out his own flaws before he looks at any “compliments”.
This is where astrology gets quite dangerous, as most anyone has a good deal of very severe problems in his chart, usually ones that cant be overcome.

Promethean or anyone who thinks “he is a tiger” or “he is a Capricorn” certainly has never bothered to read the first thing about the subject. 1/12th of the people on Earth are born with their Sun “in” Capricorn.

The Sun placement accounts for about a tenth of the placements an astrologer works with at minimum, and placements count for a small percentage of the factors in a chart. What matters are angles and aspects, mostly. It is for a good part geometry.

how do you know the ‘position’ of a celestial body in space is the ‘cause’ of behaviors… like joe being hopelessly romantic? (and i don’t mean shit like the moon affecting menstrual cycles)

but it gets even worse. how do you define ‘hopelessly romantic’ so tightly that you are positive behavior set x is a display of joe’s hopeless romantic nature, rather than behavior set y?

you know why astrology dazzles simpleminded people without a capacity for logic? because it becomes so obscure as it advances in complexity that there is no way to be sure you’re wrong about any particular conclusion.

if a taurus becomes talkative, it must be because his mercury is in gemini. that explains it. but wait, his venus is in leo, and that chick he’s talking to is hot. maybe the talkativeness is because leo is outgoing and social, especially when attracted to someone. well fuck, which is it?

shit, i handn’t thought of this either. part of her attractive nature is her interests in social justice. his rising sign is saggitarius, which gives him special interest in matters of social justice. could that be why he’s talkative?

gosh ya know this is all so complicated. ya know what, maybe all this is bullshit, and there are other reasons why joe is behaving like he is. but those explanations are boring. i like esoteric explanations with which i can make anything work.

Just… don’t dabble at stuff dude. It pisses me off.
You’ve plenty of good shit going for you but you persevere in wanting to do precisely what you’re no good at. Lying. Your whole philosophical attitude is a lie. You’re truly not doing justice to the excellence of being in that particular form. But I cant blame you because I cant escape that I made my philosophy for a reason, which s that before it there never was any way of making sense of the world whatsoever. All philosophy was flat and religion was hollow, and only people and nature could show you something. No concept made sense in terms of the metaconcept of there being a concept, because… horror. As a totally, existence contradicts itself. And indeed it isn’t a totality. Which is why dialectic don’t work, you see.

here is an astrological chart reading basic minimum knowledge video for dragon or anyone .

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YncOcIUj47M[/youtube]

This diversion all in my name.

I don’t see the purpose
but I can smell the musk on the surface

dabbler hater.

Any time any one want’s to jump into user name stories, feel free. Darn trolls, :LOL: I’m joking, I am aware one thing leads to another.

youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

Sorry, I listened to the vid. Anyone who calls another person a retard, because they aren’t aware of something is the retard. Correlation is not proof of causation. If my mom wasn’t a two pack a day smoker I’d have been born full term, not the 5 lbs scrawny ass baby I was, that spent his first three weeks on the planet in an incubator. So was I born when I popped out of my mom like a little fart or when I was pulled from the incubator finally able to breath, eat and shit on my own? I wasn’t expected until October, but I made it on the scene in early Sept. I was born a product of my mom’s behavior more than that of natures.

Seems Ive touched a nerve.

Astrology always does that with people desperate to avoid self knowledge.

Obviously your moms habits are in both your moms and your chart.

Don’t look now!

" Anyone who calls another person a retard, because they aren’t aware of something is the retard."

This is bona-fide endearing.

It is a dangerous business knowing oneself.

Why Delphi is high up in the mountains, I suppose. Only those fond of climbing in the first place would be recommended to look at themselves.

You’re talking to a physicist, by the way. You seem to be unaware that most scientifically established relations are only observed relations, not explained ones. Like the correlation of mass and gravity is no proof of causation. There is no such proof. And yet gravity is considered law - because the correlation occurs without exception, exactly as it does in astrology.

Please don’t make a complete douchebag out of yourself by making any more claims about a field you haven’t researched. I hate being made to look down on people I used to respect - it ruins my fucking mood okay?

Be a fucking man and do the work or shut up.

I flipping could agree with you more Fixed about knowing the truth of self.

So do I enter by birth date and time or the moment I was pulled from the incubator? If birth date and time was all that mattered. I’d have had a pretty short chart. I was born blue and not breathing. It would have been a pretty short chart.

Spare me your mock respect. If by astrology I can only ever be a douchebag, then I’m fine if that’s all I am to you. See you’re just another nut job to me, claiming to have reasoned everything is explainable in the position of the stars. That’s some serious fucked up self delusion.

So you believe you know yourself… and you credit astrology for this awareness. Could be, but you just sound sort of messed up to me. I don’t respect people for what they believe, I respect them for how they behave toward their fellow planeteers. Good luck with that.

So you’re a physicist, huh? a real one or one like the biologist, and scientist Urwrongx1000 claims to be? Well I’m the Son of freaking man, sort of like the biologist Urwrongx1000 claims to be.

A chart is just the map of the situation around you when you became your own little EM system, its neither short nor long.

But you ask a legitimate question here. Did you become your own system, when you were born or when you came out of the incubator?
Since I know few people who were in incubators Ive not researched that. But what seems likely to me is that the moment you came out of the incubator is a significant chart for you.

Well they didn’t put that nice piece of information on my birth certificate, I have looked for the records of my stay in the hospital after my birth. I was born on a military base that doesn’t even exist any more. Even finding a record of the military base is a mystery. The last time I looked up the address of the hospital on my birth record it turned out to be a private residence that was built 2 years before I was born.

But if you’re dead it would be a pretty worthless map. My sister gave birth to twin boys, both still born. They have names and birth records and are buried with our parents. She even had them baptized to insure they went to heaven. Can’t really fault anyone for a belief. The world is full of myths masquerading as truths. I try not to judge anyone too harshly, particularly those who can guess again.