There isn't really a muse thread.

Settle down my main man. Calm is cool. You aren’t going to change anything pushing so hard, try a little pulling too, just like you learned taking up the floor boards. Keep that temper of yours in check. I know you’re trying. Breath.

Thanks, as always your advice is good. Where the hell were you a couple days ago?

You did fine. The tough stuff just makes you tougher. Slow and steady, and by the way the soup smells great. And remember to use those talents wisely.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Rest, you’ve got some sleep to catch up on. You’ve been pushing kind of hard lately.

It was an odd nap.

I laid down on the sofa and closed my eyes and it was summer, I was working in the yard, The wife was chatting with a couple I didn’t know, and few feet in front of them was an older man, he looked kind of like an old boss of mine, but older and with him was a neighbor. They all came up the walk together, my neighbor and my boss look-alike turned left and walked down a few stairs through a door into my basement I hadn’t noticed before. There was a bright light coming from inside that could be seen from the door that was left ajar. I wanted to follow, but the man and women that had walked up with my wife each took an arm of mine and lead me into the back yard.

Our yard was full of people, It was as if my wife decided to have a party and didn’t let me know. I sat down in a chair and a little girl I didn’t recognize jumped into my lap, and said it’s so good to see you again and gave me a warm hug. A women approached with a smile and took the girls hand and said it’s time to go, Mark has to get up now. There was a hand on my shoulder, As I stood up and turned around a man smiled a radiant smile at me. He spoke as if he new me, like we had been friends for a very long time. I opened my eyes and I was on the sofa.

I closed my eyes and I was standing with him, we walked through my garden and he commented about the year when I had planted beans in this spot and tomatoes the next year. He mentioned I never had much luck with peppers. He stepped over a pumpkin lying on the ground, and asked if I had any ideas how I would carve it this year as if he knew all of my Halloween traditions. I had no idea who he was but it seemed he knew all about me. We walked past the greenhouse, through a group of people sitting in chairs just like they were sitting in my sailboat that had been parked there over the winter, an empty chair sat where the tiller would be. The man who knew me too well motioned me to sit just as a breeze blew up and rustled the leaves in the trees. There were people all around that looked as if they were having the time of their lives, smiling and laughing at each others stories. He glanced toward my house and said You have taken such good care of it all these years. You never planned to stay this long, but the house has been quite comfortable with you and your wife living within, as if the house was telling him something I could not hear. He motioned me to follow him as he started back up the walk, He said there is someone here he thought I’d like to meet. As we walked I noticed a woman with her back turned toward us holding a little boys hand.

I opened my eyes, the clock on the entertainment center read 9:20, just twenty minutes had passed since I had laid down to rest. It felt like a summers afternoon had passed. I wanted to go back and see who I was to be introduced to. I closed my eyes again but did not return, I laid there for maybe ten more minutes and realized I wasn’t going to return. It was so odd, like I was awake and asleep at the same time. It felt so good there, so sunny and warm, and here, the wind was howling, blowing the falling leaves into swirls.

I don’t see beyond the “veil” I feel fortunate when consciousness pokes it self through the “veil” to see me. I should not be so demanding of it’s attention. All these notions of enlightenment are promises of cults. Slow and steady, there are no shortcuts. I don’t know jack shit, but in awareness my vision grows, and with any luck at all, understanding will follow. But this body and mind will be long dead before that unlikely event takes place. No matter, it’s the journey that is important, the evolution and adaptation that takes place along the road.

Sorry all, for my recent rampage. I hope it all wasn’t a meaningless self indulgence. My ass will get banned soon enough.

Big head or a big heart? Little head, little heart, big head, little heart, big heart, little head. Average head, average heart.

Don’t let yourself get confused.

Get the two connected without all the blood pressure getting in the way. Relax and let it flow.

Then they will both have the blood flow to grow.

Always pushing and pulling with you is it?

Try it like a heart beats, try it like a breath.

A dead artist is the best kind.

No thread ever stays on topic, one thing leads to another, same as it ever was…letting the days go by.

“letting the days go by”

You must come nearer to slowing that allowance of time, live but for a moment once or twice a day, and it will ultimately make a huge difference.

It’s a lyric from a Talking Heads song.

Live in the moment?

Was curious how long of time that represents. Expressed temporally it is the time an experience requires to come into the mind and leave it. Approximately 2-3 seconds.

I’m drawn to the question of the minimum requirements of human life and the maximum allowances as two extremes. Everyone should be entitled (have the right) to at the very least the minimum. But what would that look like? Water, food, rest and release/cleanliness. The last is not often thought of, but what goes in, must come out, so it hangs out there as sort of a consequence of the first three. For every measure that goes into the equation time for an individual life comes out, save for the time required to perform these things. Drink 64 fluid ounces of liquid, Consume 1800 nutritious calories, rest for eight hours, and releasing/cleanliness an hour? A half hour to drink, and hour to eat, 8 hours to rest and an hour for release/cleanliness. So as a measure of the resources required as input we have 10.5 hours of “idle” time, taking care of function, and 13.5 hours of “unaccounted for life” as output, given the same length of day for all of us. Fairly loose estimates.

To which I hope to continue the thinking at a later time, must go spend some of those 13.5 hours getting stuff done.

Which leads me to the idea, we also require some degree of planning time how those 13.5 hours are spent. How efficiently can one earn enough to account for the 10.5 hours of idle time during the other 13.5 hours.

There is quite a gap between survive and thrive.

Minimum requirements for survival, water, food, rest, release. But how much of these and in what proportion? And what must be further added to thrive? To be a better you on your way to yor best. That isn’t going to come without some resistance. Some getting your nose up to the bar and then chin over it.

What is this “bar”? I am here already, I drink when I’m thirsty, eat when hungry, rest when tired and have my own private little place to take a dump and get a shower. I should be happy, I get to guess again. Nothing has stood before me that has prevented the possibilities. So now what? Now being every moment I am having? I am surviving, but where and when and how and why does thriving come into play?

Have I already accomplished it and wasn’t paying attention? Crossed the finish line sometime back and missed it, but keep running anyway?

Can’t stop?

I thought I was going to make some argument of excess, but it turns out, it’s all just a framework for consideration. Quite easy to choose what I don’t want, have been doing that all my life. Paths untraveled, but what is it that I do want? All those paths not taken still leaves me with the path I’m on. Where does it go? Right now I think I want a floor back in my home, something firm on which to walk on. Something old and solid, taken apart, shored up and put back together, sanded smooth and finished. A DIYer, materially and spiritually.

Stop my bitching about what others do, that’s not my path.

“IT” transpires from within, and shows ITs growth through the highest creation. IT lifts others through it’s self and not for IT’s own.
“IT” lives the culmination of all other possible incarnations, creations of all that has ever been measured in the immortal chalice, that becomes eternally manifest in the immeasurable present.
“IT” is an idea that can not die, because IT is always being born.

Grace, this IT that is manifest. This IT that IS.

Yet IT still can’t get the fucking printer to work right.

Roger that.

That’s why the DIY.
I am fairly good with tech.

Snarl, and if that doesn’t work, hit it with a hammer…
Or try a fresh ink cartridge.

I got nothing to say but that.

So I find I do have something to ask: why the anthropomorphized god, why not just being. The all and the everything? The mystery and the madness? Why does it have to be some god that created it, a who? The Universe itself blinking in for what ever cosmic reason. Think about how it evolved, as if IT knew what IT was doing through trial and error alone IT figures it out. The dispersal of matter, it’s reintegration into masses larger and larger, parts of a whole. Pieces of it all lumping back together.

And on a distant rock the right distance from a star having gathered a satellite, life bloomed from the most unlikely protein strands brought together by chemistry. It survives it adapts it evolves. Revolving around a sun and being revolved around by a moon. The earth is warmed the seas rise and fall, and life grows, it adapts it evolves. Another trip around the sun, more revolutions of it’s moon, and life spreads. It takes a foot hold here and another there. Why do we have to think of it as a being with powers to create? What can’t it just be IT, growing, adapting evolving?

I hang my philosophy upon IT, IT’s successes and failures, IT’s trials. IT’s evolution has a direction. I will hang my philosophy on IT’s course, IT’s path.

The Course

Toward complex, toward interaction, toward balance, toward intelligence, IT reaches and it does this not through omniscience but trial and error, failure and success. This does not seem like it knows what it is doing, but learning just the same. Has it made mistakes, yes, branches die off. Does it repeat those mistakes? From a single cell, budding, to sexual reproduction and the first notions of love. Protecting it’s own offspring. From a single cell, to plants and animals. Plants feeding from sun light and animals feeding from plants, in a balance, raising life up in ever more complex ways. Catastrophic clashes, two steps forward one step back, perseverance, stepping forward despite it’s mistakes and against the odds. The Earth changing as it moves forward. Continents formed, continents split apart. Cooling and warming, rainy and dry.

Towards a cooperation, independent of the participants individual awareness. Waste-less, recycling, renewing, IT marches on. Dependent and independence, reaching up, and moving forward. More and more difference in the participants with larger and larger populations. Living in the soil, living in the oceans, living on land, and flying the skies. Diverse solutions to the same problems of survival and continuance. Interacting, assisting, instinctual, working together without reasoning, without favor, without compassion, a cooperation without cooperating. An insect drawn to a plants scent and coloration to aid in the plants reproduction without knowing. The plant growing to provide an animal with food without thinking, a cooperation without cooperating.

Awareness developing in IT’s parts, curiosity, insight, and intuition. All of IT nature, from a single cell to multi cellular, from a single star to a nebula, natural. Raising itself up, in ever more complex ways, relentlessly, toward an intelligence. Competing with itself to keep it in balance without waste. Energy conservation, exploration of niches, costs, IT moves forward and along a path. Adaptations both succeeding and failing driving itself along, problem solving as it moves along through trial and error; a strange isolation onto a singular rock. Development in isolation and in cooperation without a knowing of it. Toward complexity, toward life’s survival and it’s evolution, it’s adaptation, raising itself up.

Value intrinsic, is it’s balance. The parts and pieces working together long before we got here, and will be, if we allow it, and if we don’t, it will be something yet imagined. Reborn in every opportunity.

That’s it. Show up before me and you’ve got my respect, until we’ve proven otherwise. Living with it.

A being in and of it. I gotta learn how to relax, and as Lennon-McCartney put it… Let IT Be.

Beware of garbage, as it relates.to the
the awareness of it:

youtu.be/y96M38mJgIo

Forgive Mowk, the length of the video may somewhat of a challenge, however it’s worth a look, in part to it’s significance in terms that allude awareness to more primal understand ing then the appreciation for the pasting of the potential for phenomenal reductive erosion.

Parting shot: this conclusion needs a lot of expletives even in terms of a self induced understanding.

So please do not blame me for a need to understand myself, in this way, it consists of my effort at self conscious continuance that may be ommitted, (objectively), at the same time, without. coming to the conclusion that it is merely for mine eyes only.

It just demonstrates the idea that touching on the periphery of any issue of problem , invites the dynamic machinery underneath that brings other formulations into at least subliminal relationships.