Did god really condemn mankind? Is god a just god?

I am with the fox. If Blake believed that the fox ought to have seen it coming, then Blake is an idiot.
Perhaps he was a hunter who set that trap. lol
But I know what you are talking about here, I think.

The baby didn’t do anything.

Some Christians will see its death as a consequence of David’s actions.

He was saying that the fox doesn’t get into self-hatred and Blake was saying this was good. And I agree. Of course one may also learn from the experience and try to prevent it happening again, but aggressive energy should be aimed at the trap not the self.

That is how it is portrayed, yet Christians praise that injustice thus showing how their religious beliefs have corrupted their morals.

You do think it was unjust, I hope.

Regards
DL

Karpel Tunnel,

[/quote]
He was saying that the fox doesn’t get into self-hatred and Blake was saying this was good. And I agree. Of course one may also learn from the experience and try to prevent it happening again, but aggressive energy should be aimed at the trap not the self.
[/quote]
Ah, thank you for that. I totally mis-read it. Your interpretation seems right on the mark. It seems like it would be a good mantra too.
This is what happens when we think too quickly instead of slowly. :blush:
I was just thinking of the poor fox in the trap.

Not all Christians “praise that injustice”. Maybe some do, but probably not many.

It has nothing to do with me.

The point is that you are making broad statements about what all Christians do and think. And those statements seem to be false.

Greatest I Am,

For instance, give me an example of this.

For instance? An example please.

Original sin is the trap. You are the fox.

I found the below quote to be kind of koan-like for the above quote. It is cool.

You drown not by falling in a river but by staying submerged in it.
Paul Cohello

Liar.

Regards
DL

For the third and last time.

I keep a bible in the house even though I think this quote quite correct.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Then again, I am a Gnostic Christian and know how to read the filth in it.

Said of Gnostic Christian versus Christian bible reading practices.

“Both read the Bible day and night; but you read black where I read white.”
William Blake.

I would take this further and advise you to read any scriptures from as many POV as is within you. Question everything including yourself.

The bible, if read as a book of wisdom, does have much wisdom though.

You just have to read it the way Gnostics do and reverse a lot of the Christian morals.

Christians call evil good while Gnostic Christians call evil, evil.

I E. Gnostic Christians think that bible God, the demiurge to us, is quite immoral for thinking that torturing King David’s baby for 6 days before finally killing it is good justice. Gnostic Christians think that evil while Christians think that a good form of justice.

Which group do you think is right?

Regards
DL

A change of mind frees one from the trap. Yes, action is required. I don’t see how Gnostic Christianity offers this personal option.

We offer a change of mind by promoting that we all be esoteric ecumenists who are perpetual seekers who are eager to scrap our ideological points when a better on is found. We are against idol worship of any ideology and thus remain eager to evolve our ideology to a better form.

God, to us, is analogous to the best rules and laws to live by, and those change over time and conditions at hand.

Regards
DL

Greatest I Am,

This I can wrap my mind around. As God said to Moses before the burning bush: "I Am who I Am…I will finish that with …Becoming.

lol I might have said the same thing to you.

I was actually hoping for something different, fresher, something more brought up-to-date, you know, to these modern times.
In other words, what some Christians might call evil where Gnostic Christians would not in order to get the mindset of a GC. We all have a different sense at times of what immorality is, what evil is, and things are not so black and white. You are a dualist. This is fine but things have more colors and hues to them then simply being black/white/gray.

Since none of that is real anyway, why not try to depict a God on the opposite side of that coin.

Calling evil good.

Try homophobia and misogyny.

Gnostic Christians call those concepts evil while Christians call them good.

Regards
DL

Greatest I Am,

I never call evil good. Murder is not good, Rape is not good, pedophilia is not good, beating one’s wife or children is not good, dropping bombs on innocents is not good. Greed while others go hungry and suffer for that greed is not good, homelessness is not good. Do you want me to go on or you can.

True. Actions which come about because of this kind of ignorance can be evil actions. They are not so much about being a christian or not though Christians and those striving to be good ought to have compassion and empathy. They are about growing up in ignorance, taking everything in the bible as literal instead of learning to think for one’s self. They are about fear and mis-understanding.

You are putting things in the wrong way. I am not so sure that you would not, could not, find a gnostic christian somewhere who is not homophobic, misogynistic or both.

Do you see anything at all evil in the way Richard Dawkins approached his idea of the God of the Old Testament? Can there be any such thing as a benign atheist or a benign agnostic?
What about you and your approach? Is it working for you. I read your post where you have been kicked out of Catholic and Christian forums. How you can still teach, point real things out and at the same time not burst people’s bubbles, so to speak?

Your first is correct and Christianity has institutionalized homophobia and misogyny which Christians accept unthinkingly as gospel.

You seem to agree that they are calling those evil good.

As to Gnostic Christians being homophobic and misogynous, impossible.
We are universalists in our spiritual and secular thinking, to a lesser degree and cannot see souls as unequal as we have tied equality to righteousness.

This link has to be modernized but gives our older thinking.

gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm

As to Dawkins.
He has the right moral view of the genocidal prick of a god, while I think he is only analysing the myth as literally as the Christian right without seeing the moral value of it, if, like Gnostic Christians, he would reverse the Christian take, which is more the way Jews see their myth.

I see him as a naturalist and agree with him from that POV.

Regards
DL

When read our way the lesson is clear and moral.

The Devil wrote the Bible".–MH
I never said I agreed with him. For me the Bible is a fat udder for spiritual infants. It can nourish if read carefully.

lol I have never heard that before, Ierrellus. It was funny and yet a bit creepy in its bestiality-like image. 8-[
They need not be spiritual infants who are nourished by the bible.

Have you forgotten that a prepositional phrase ought not to begin a sentence, Ierrellus, at least not without a comma? :stuck_out_tongue:

After listening to the Bible videos by Jordan Peterson, I believe that psychologically there is a lot in the Bible, but we have forgotten how to read it. Prior to the renaissance, people used stories to explain things for which they had no vocabulary.