Pedro's Corner

Also, defining power as servitude is a large part of what got us here. Think you that Trump thinks of himself as a servant? Nay.

Making America Great is his beat. Or, for Pablo, Making The Barrio Great.

That’s… different, than serving. And the motivations, too, are different from the, if you don’t mind me saying, somewhat Roman motivations I make out in your propositions, such as the state. The state, aka the Res Publica. The lawyer trap.

What Spain proves is that it gets too big and then no actual humans are allowed to lead it and then eventually it bloats itself over the edges and fizzles out in glorious scenes of country estates and piss-stinking streets.

It’s retty awesome, but its less fun, and in knowledge of its inevitable demise far less responsible, than the new Athenian democracy the President allows us to envision. And all the possibilities that thenceforth spring.

Yah have to understand, it was the Senators that set the trap. To keep their estates, which were of an advancement thereto and thenceforth unknown. Like, massive. Makes Bahamas retreats look like childish legolands.

They lassoed themselves some lawyers.

Cesar.

Cesar is a pretty devastating counterpoint.

Here’s how I see the thing with taxes:

A democrat leader’s task is to fight them tooth and nail, from the starting point of that they are there. They have to figure it out, from how they tie into the people’s interests, work with it and wrangle it. Before democracy, there was a state of affairs. There is no method or recipe. These dudes do not look for them.

Basically, that’s why it’s so fun to watch the President harang and harrass Powell.

Sitting there with his formulas, moving bits on a watchamacallit bead counting contraption. Figuring out how to frame it for people. And Trump’s like “you fool! Goddamnit!”, and he sincerely does not understand why. Cannot. He’s a mathematician.

Also why it was exciting when the President said “I’m gonna look into this whole doctors regulations thing, I have a feeling high costs are not due to the market.” And but, you know, the lawyers are now in full attack. The war is on.

You ain’t been back five minutes and you’re already talking about Kim Kardashian and Jay z. Jesus Christ dude. Is this something that happens when you and Jakob the fixed barbarian get together, or do you behave like this on your own?

Was this even conceivable 5 years ago?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnfAunzg1Wk[/youtube]

I uh… It’s mostly with Jakob.

Hahahaha

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_BqufJhHYA[/youtube]

Have you attained this?

Mind if I just kinda browse through that song? I dunno if I can listen to a twenty seven minute song note for note unless I’m at a Yes concert.

But to answer your question, yes. I have also attained something more.

Psh.

That’s not more.

Alright I made my way through the whole thing. The Black flag. Here’s what I think. I think we have a punk band that wanted to do a long compositional instrumental piece, if only to do something unusual for a punk band. So they got together and worked out a rough format for the song… but when it came time to record it… they were so stoned on brick weed and shlitz, they forgot what to do seven minutes into it. From that point, they just kinda winged it… which actually worked out because you and me, the listeners, don’t know how it was supposed to be, so we can’t actually say the song was all wrong. That’s a secret only Black flag knows.

I appreciate you taking the time to listen to it.

It’s a bluff though. I exclusively listen to barroque guitar these days. Never in my life did I guess my taste would become so specific. I can accept a violin thrown in.

https://youtu.be/dTdPizz7Dic?t=7908

I know that’s not barroque, but I don’t know what you call that period.