What the... does this dream mean?

[size=200]How very apt…[/size]

The occasional night visions still persist… creating a mosaic of images and emotions that don’t seem to have a clear meaning - they are too abstract to be memorable.

Funny, this reminded me of Bible thumpers looking to the Good Book for some guidance or inspiration. Some of them have this game where they flip through the Bible at random and pick a passage. Whatever that passage says, they commit themselves to interpreting it as the answer to their question (or problem, or predicament, or curiocity, etc.).

I’d say at least 50% of this process is invention. You’d have to invent at least half the solution to your problem if you’re going off something as arbitrary as a random passage from the Bible or a horoscope–at least half.

But this is not meant to denigrate such a process–this is probably why it works so well. The horoscope/Bible provides the inspiration you need to get your creative juices flowing, and from there you must take over and finish the job, being in the best position possible for this task seeing as how only you know yourself well enough to understand you’re current life dilemmas, your history and background, your mental proclivities, etc.

Is it as disturbing experience? An exilerating one? Neutral?

Maybe your sub-conscious was trying to tell you to be more careful and appreciative of the rare things which you find in life. Hold onto them, don’t “drop” them. Black pearls are more rare because they are less. Maybe the little girl represented the child within you, the gentler sweeter side of you or of life. Maybe you need to learn to recognize true rare beauty when it comes to you - like a child would.
You were given a gift from the sea. You can’t eat it like you can a fish but it offers you “spiritual” sustenance in a way. lol I’m just allowing my stream of consciousness to go forward.
I personally do not go along with the set definitions or implications of what a dream is supposed to mean.

I had a dream once…but not a recurring one. This was long after I had stopped going to church and became an agnstic.

In this dream, I was sitting up against a wall in the sanctuary of the church, where the Mass goes on. The Mass wasn’t going on though. I was making out with some priest - this I know because he was in his priestly garbs - and he had his roman collar on. That’s all - we were just making out. :laughing: He was a stranger to me - I didn’t recognize him. I suppose if I’m going to make out with a stranger, :confused: :astonished: it might be a good thing from my vantage point, that he was a priest. But it was so enjoyable.

No one was there. It was quiet. Just him and me. It actually was the same church which I went to for quite some time. Sometimes, I would go to evening Mass, and since the priests knew me, there were two of them who would allow me to stay after by myself and so they would lock the church behind them. They actually weren’t supposed to do that. :laughing: I enjoyed those quiet moments alone in the darkness and when I looked up at the beautiful stained glass window which shone so brightly as a result of the light from the cemetery outside overlooking it, it added even more to the quiet ambiance.

When I woke up, I laughed and i felt so good. This isn’t something that I could see myself doing in my waking life - I mean, making out with a priest - but who knows what we’re capable of. I wonder who and/or what that priest actually represented? And in the sanctuary - just on the opposite side of the tabernacle where Christ as the blessed sacrament is supposed to reside in that little box. What a great sacriledge. What a heathen I am.

I’m pretty sure though that there has to be a much deeper meaning here than my commiting such a terrible sin. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Any takers?

I bet you did.

A simple case of forbidden fruit tasting sweeter, perhaps?

It was merely a little fun Gib, but I know what you mean… not everything we do as humans is serious and has a meaning, or not for me anyway.

Not neutral, or exhilarating (like Arc’s dream :smiley: ) they are more on the disturbing to thought-provoking scale. I have them a few nights a week, but cannot discern them, but I have a feeling that the hotch potch of scenes will merge into a movie in my mind.

Maybe - but why would it have to be forbidden fruit if he was willing?
But I could certainly think of nicer places or more exotic or wild places to spend time with a priest.
The Delaware River comes to mind. lol
But maybe it was just because he was there and I was there - an opportunistic moment - alone.

Maybe it was God giving me the dream. lol One way of getting me back into church. And maybe it wasn’t really a priest. Maybe it was god in disguise. A dream of divine/human intimacy.
But then I get that when looking up at the stars. But then again, not quite that sensation. I’m so lucky to have had that dream.
If there be a hell, am I going? 8-[

Very early this morning i had a weird and frightful kind of dream.
I can’t now remember all of it but I do recall that there was some kind of evil lol threatening. It was a man and he was threatening myself and my children and I think others too. He carried a sword with him. So I decided to go and get a sword :laughing: - I’m not kidding, but I somehow realized that it wasn’t so sufficient - the sword seemed to bend which wouldn’t be very helpful. So I then decided that I also needed to carry a knife when encountering this man. So I got a knife.

So, at some point, I did encounter him. I plunged my sword into him but I somehow had the sense that it wouldn’t kill him so I stabbed him with the knife a few times and I thought that he was dead. After all, that’s why I bought the knife.

But then right before I woke up, I began to wonder if he was really dead and I recall sensing fear in myself and worrying that i might encounter him again. The physical atmosphere in the dream I recall was sometimes dark which also contributed to my fear - not so easy to become aware of something sinister in the moment.

I have no idea what the sword, the knife and the evil man represented - perhaps all of my self. It’s been said that everything which we dream about is more or less a part of our selves, even the most insignificant thing in the dream or perhaps the most insignificant thing in the dream even more so. Why a sword I have no idea. :laughing:

The first thing that comes to mind is: sword big, knife small. Maybe bigger isn’t always better?

I don’t know if this is true. Everything in our dreams obviously is projected from our minds, but certainly some images and some themes can represent external elements in our lives. You don’t think?

I was at a political event/party on Thursday that a friend and fellow Tory organised, and I was chatting and drinking with a small gathering of 5… after having chatted with a large group of about 10 Asian men, and I remarked to one guy how the evening reflected a recurring dream I used to have from the age of 16 in which I was surrounded by about a hundred men… in suits, and that that evening I was surrounded by near a hundred men… all in suits.

I continued… saying that the dreams had stopped some years back, but had recently started again, and now here we were in a room full of men… in suits.

The event organiser later remarked how the event was a success and that over a hundred people turned up… most of them men… in suits.

That guy sent me a Facebook friend request, another wrote down his email address with an expensive fountain pen after having declared to us that he was a descendant of Robert the Bruce… along with a few other historical greats, the third gentleman detested my hugs but wanted me to get with his Facebook friend request-sending friend whilst he drooled over the aristocrat… signalling to me his liking of the tall blonde young man, and the blonde, myself, and my female friend (the 5th person in the group) headed to the Overground to catch our train home.

You mean, he mentioned the “mostly men” and “suits”?

So what do you make of this dream, Mags? Sounds like it was a premonition of this night. Which means this night must have been a significant one for you. Do you think being connected to your new facebook friends is going to somehow turn your life around?

No :laughing: that’s me reiterating that it was “mostly men” “in suits”.

That’s the thing… the night was not a significant one for me but it was for a male friend of mine who’s currently running a high-profile political campaign for a London Assembly seat and I always meet new people and connect through Facebook or email, so I cannot tell you what made the night significant ‘for me’ apart from the people present.

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:15 am

I knew this one would eventually come to fruition and become apparent.

So did the second part of that dream… but that’s another story. :neutral_face:

This is an old thread, MagsJ. I have only read the OP. I would be interested to learn how old nephew number one was, in 2013 ? :-k :-

Nephew number one was 27 back then… 33 now. He fell out of favour with the family… he had become overly-argumentative, and so a displeasure to be around.

The sister in the dream is also sometimes likewise, and I simply remove myself from the situation until she leaves… and leaves me alone.

Well, that’s my theory gone out the window! As you were, Mags! :slight_smile:

Oh! and what theory was that? Would be interesting to know what you thought, in comparison. :-k

Awake, as awoke from the sofa, to go to bed, with a vodka & juice nightcap. Is it breakfast time yet?

Mags, I misread the entire thing! There’s a bird stuck. The only person able to commune with said bird - and guide it to safety - was your three year old nephew.
Sometimes, I am an idiot… this was one of those occasions! I’ll get my coat. Carry on dreaming! :confused: :laughing:

I am none the wiser to what you meant, after reading that… thanks Derley. :confused:

No dreams remembered of late… crashing makes sure of that!