Gaia aka Nature, Mother Earth, Pachamama

“Gaia” is the Greek word for a huge and complex organism – also known as nature – that has been adored by Homo throughout ages as mother and often as goddess as well. At least until Sapiens* proclaimed her to be a dumb mechanism, and himself, destined by genetics or genesis, her ruler, and of course of Homo too, as a matter of fact, of anyone who is not ruthless and stupid enough to rape, plunder & poison his mother Gaia – “Life” might be a more appropriate term, as this is the only planet alive (even as far as Sapiens can see).
Whatever its name – this organism is obviously getting sick: it has fever, respiratory problems, blood (water) infections, skin cancer – just to mention a few symptoms similar to the diseases which Sapiens diagnoses in the organisms of mammals.
Nothing to bother about, snarl the slaves of the possession complex, who give a damn about the wellbeing of Gaia, as long as they can make a buck from her corps.
Neither can she expect much help from the coryphaei of the physical sciences, as it was them who furthered her degradation, and are thus not very likely to abandon concepts that they have been feeding – and feeding on – although some of them begin lately to acknowledge that Gaia is an organism, that they know little about its complexity & dynamics, and thus practically nothing about the ways she might react.
An ignorance that is hard to fathom, since it was the physical sciences which laboriously unveiled the components, dynamics, structures and interactivities of the human organism, yet refuse to acknowledge it as part of Gaia.
One could blame the dual/linear R/P mode of Sapiens and his monotheistic or monopolistic upbringings which nourish his belief to be a separate and superior organism – were there not his intentional and reckless employment of the intellect to justify his aggrandisement, to reason his lack of reason, i.e. of common sense, to hide his vile motivations and last not least, to conceal his consequent annihilation.
Latter might be suicide in form of blowing himself up, by depleting his food and water supplies, by corrupting his life forces, i.e. interaction with nature, or her simply expelling him from her organism with one of the many magnificent forces she consists of.
Whichever, the time of Sapiens* is obviously up, and no one is going to cry about it, particularly not Homo, who will have to deal with the mess he leaves behind.

I dunno about all that. The old girl’s been around for a loooooooooong time and gone through much worse. One time she was a molten ball of swirling magma, another time she was damn near frozen solid. Hell even the scientists say when she was young she rained for like 40,000 years.

Yeah but she’s a pretty solid old girl who’s been through a lot worse than what we’re putting her through.

Could be a reasonable excuse for us victimising her, if we would not be the victims.

Earth is our sacred grove, the revitalizing fume that pulses and anchors Her algorithms into our vessels. And our bodies can be reflections of earth, cycling through the same routines that earth performs, like whirlpools and pumping surging all over our bodily constructs. Also, a great watery deluge could crash and submerge our globe, robe it in torrents and capsizing of giga impact.

Yes. But the Rainbow is the symbol for Christ. It is a biblical truism.
This but precautionary comment for a guy that has not practiced religion for at least 10 years.

While missed most intervening variables.

Exuberant:

That is why I hold Gaia responsible for a promise made in Genesis, and perhaps Ezekiel.

But my dispassion, with the church goes back to my youngest son’s suicide, and then at some point traverses with conclusive pain, when thinking of an equally sad story, of a man asked to sacrifice his own son.
Was this the kind of recurrent conception that Gaia reminds the Holy Mother of?

Then , the Old Testament is more reflexively comforting with : Job’s travails. Dunno.

Perhaps this is without intended scope and belongs to Religion more then philosophy, but then where to draw the line? Even towards a thought given to a reappraisal to Victimhood and free will.

The non-organic parts of the earth are certainly shrugging in relation to us. But the fairly thin organic layer is being challenged in unique ways. Apart from the obvious pollutants, like say, heavy metals, we have, just as one example, a bunch of pretty much un-supervised nano-tech products coming out. I mean, pissed estrogen is fucking up fish, but still, it’s a hormone and nature can probably work its way around that. But the tiny nano-tech shit, who knows what that will do. And then gm play with bought off oversight. We are not remotely acting according to anything like a precautionary principle. We now do stuff that will like make Chernobyl/Fukishima look very local and natural by comparison.