Philosophical quotes that inspire...

Rarely loved, sometimes feared, most often hated, but never forgotten.

• excerpt from the eulogy at the funeral of a promethean

[b]There is more honor in accumulating little by little than in reaching for the sky and ending up flat on your face.
~Vatnsdæla Saga, c.7

A person should not agree today to what they’ll regret tomorrow.
~Bandamanna Saga, c.10

Bad counsel comes to a bad end.
~The Saga of Magnus Barefoot, c.6

One should warn even a dim-witted troll if he sits naked by a fire.
~Heitharvega Saga, c.14

It may go well at first, for those who try to lord it over others, but they may find things more difficult as time goes by.
~Guðmundur Jónsson

…and last but certainly not least…

No one is a total fool if he can be silent.
~The Saga of Grettir, chapter 88[/b]

Insight can make your life so much more effective over eyesight [ Chris Eubank ] so much wisdom contained in those eleven words

Voidness is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive, having no opposite - there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. It is living void, because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void is filled with life and power and the love of all beings.

Bruce Lee

True love is no game of the faint-hearted and the weak. It is born of strength and understanding.
Meher Baba

“Every society you build will have its fringes, and on the fringes of every society, heroic and restless vagabonds will wander, with their wild and virgin thoughts, only able to live by preparing ever new and terrible outbreaks of rebellion!”

Music to my ears. I might be able to get into this guy. His dossier is quite impressive.

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”

• Lao Tzu

Ignoring the flow of nature is following no way. Resisting the flow of nature is following the low way. Going with the flow of nature is following the middle way. Focusing the flow of nature is following the high way.

I will make company with creators, with harvesters, with rejoicers: I will show them the rainbow and the stairway to the Superman. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

“I can’t go on, I will go on.”

Samuel Beckett

"it’s at times difficult to have such an important father because one feels so unimportant.”

Eduard Einstein

" I
knew it. I knew it, born in a hotel room, and God damn it, died in a hotel room."

Albert Einstein

Whispered before passing

“Do you know what punishments I’ve endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men’s most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn’t tolerate my existence.” - Brent Weeks

“It is a self-deception of philosophers and moralists to imagine that they escape decadence by opposing it. That is beyond their will; and, however little they acknowledge it, one later discovers that they were among the most powerful promoters of decadence.” - Friedrich Neechy

“Truth is what your contemporaries let you get away with.” - rorty

“Any person who is capable in angering you becomes your master”

Epictetus

“or fertilizer” - promethean75

“Can’t top that”

anonymous

“without mulch” - promethean75

“Mulch is more composted than fertilizer”

Alfred.E Newman