Calling out MagsJ

I have the respect of well-educated and well-established peers, in all fields and industries…and if I was out to ban you, I had many chances, many times, to have done so.

Good day.

Let’s be honest here… you were baiting me for a ban in rant!

I didn’t take the bait.

You have moderated and censored the fuck out of me, not to mention that you trolled me, on one of the greatest topics of our generation.

List your issues that you have with me here, and Carleas will look into the matter for you.

So the first warning worked, as you stopped the offending behaviour… you are simply another member that I may have to moderate at times.

That should clarify things for you.

What you fail to understand is that the “offending behavior” is one of the greatest topics of our generation and should never have been censored in the first place… because it’s not OFFENDING !!

You pat yourself on the back for being… out of touch

Can we go back and start at the beginning pretending I don’t know what you’re talking about? Because I don’t know what you’re talking about. If you’re referring to a specific thread, or a specific post in the thread, can you provide a link/links so I can take a look.

The goal here should be to de-escalate, so please stop antagonizing each other, that doesn’t help us figure out how to go forward.

No antogonising intended on my part, nor becoming antagonised… not about things that happen here on ILP.

Thanks for looking into the matter.

It’s not a specific post on either of our parts, we both perceive it as a pattern of behavior on each other’s parts.

MagsJ has said some viscous things to me, none of which are true (and she knows what I’m talking about) I’m not going to dig right now, unless absolutely necessary … other posters are welcome to verify this here if they want to.

On my side I’ve implied hard truths to everyone on the planet with logical proofs, and MagsJ is taking it extremely personally, part of her pattern of behavior is dumping good threads into rant (as if the thread wouldn’t eventually die anyways), but she can’t leave well enough alone.

I’ll give a simple argument as an example.

MagsJ accused me of spamming the boards with a certain concept.

There’s a problem with this argument:

Everyone on ILP knows what happens with real spammers! Nobody participates.

The thread in question that MagsJ ranted as spam would have certainly exceeded a 200:1 post to readership count. That’s not SPAM MagsJ

That’s just one example of this irrationality.

It reminds me of uccisore who would come into a perfectly fine thread, start flaming the whole thread and then accuse me, and move it to rant. It’s like “dude, the thread was fine before you got here!”

the only reason people click those posts is to see the next ridiculous thing E has said. people wanna see your threads/posts in the same way people slow down to get a good look at a car accident when driving by.

I’ve tried to help you, but whatever. you’ve gone mental. I’m getting out of here, damien.

A) that’s not true
B) that’s not an argument of an idea

And this is a perfect example of what MagsJ does to me.

woah-ohh, Eee-ee-e… you’re trying to live a life that’s completely free… you’re racing with the wind, you’re flirting with death… so have a cup of coffee and… catch your breath…

Ecmandu, you are calling somene out in a subforum that can deal with complaints officially. Which means Carleas is going to try to evaluate if there is a problem with the moderator you are calling out. You should know that unless you can show him something that demonstrates Mags intentions - that she is planning to ban you - he has no reason to treat this as something other than a mind reading claim. You further say

Necessary for what?
If you are expecting action to be taken by Carleas, well obviously he needs to know what he could possibly base that action on.

If you are simply calling her out, letting her know you see what she is doing, you should probably tell Carleas that you are not interested in his treating this as a formal complaint.

Right now, this thread seems most effective at causing all parties stress. I can’t see how so far it is helping anyone, perhaps especially I don’t think it is helping you.

My suggestion would be to decide what you goal is for this thread. Make this explicit and then tailor your posts with that goal in mind. It may have caused Mags to show a bit about how she responds to criticism, but in the end it right now has nothing in it to serve any goal I can see.

Cut the woman and man some slack, which was intend to be contextual with in the order of the thread, and Karp slipped in. It’s not flattering. Both of you. Time to dig deep with some self reflection. Either of you ever question your own sanity? I mean you are starting to act like you believe you think you know something. I really hope no one gets too attached to their own guesses. Slightly bigger picture, slightly better focus. It’s just a hunch.

Sorry Karp, not you, you jumped in with a better hunch. I’ll attempt to make the next with more awareness.

Once Ecmandu has submitted Carleas’ request, I will be happy to submit data, of links and posts, that caused us to arrive at this point in time… Ecmandu receiving 1 formal board warning, not a ban… a board warning.

Mowk, why are you always so way off with your analyses on me? :wink:

who knows magsj. you are an enigma, dipped in chocolate, and wrapped in individual foil, A possibility I might guess is I lack the necessary awareness. I’d be interested in your guess as to how such a thing could take place. Sorry I felt a sort of bullying was going on. And I was feeling rather empathetic towards Ecmandu. To be clear Ecmandu was bullying you and Prom was having another go at Ecmandu.

I likely mentioned I guessed you are a tough character.

I don’t feel I guessed unsuccessfully in either regard. Nothing died as result and all concerned are free to guess again. Karp nailed it. Pardon my intrusion and any additions to the drama.

my guess requires refinement. Don’t fret, I’ll be on to the next promptly.

I want my thread moved to sandbox.

MagsJ issued me a board warning to never speak a certain topic again, then after great hostility, dared me to talk about it more.

That’s ban baiting.

She even stated in this thread that her warning worked and seemed quite proud that this occurred, further suggesting ban baiting.

Then I saw how she was treating Karpel, and I was like “I’m done”

Ecmandu, you need to provide a link where you’re making specific claims about things said to you in a thread. I don’t read every post, so I don’t know what posts you’re talking about, and I can’t verify the claims you make here (“she accuses”, “[she was] baiting me”, “MagsJ has said some viscous things to me”, “MagsJ accused me”, “she … dared me”). You claim there’s a “pattern of behavior”; show me some of the posts that suggest the pattern.

I can see that you have one warning from Mags dated 9/11/2019. That warning was for starting a new thread on the same topic as another active thread (though the warning also does not link to the threads in question).

The two threads that I want moved to sandbox are these:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195173

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195227

MagsJ amongst other slurs, stated that I’m definitely a pervert.

But that doesn’t bother me as much as stating that my discussions are one sided and circular (both of which is what she’s doing/projecting)

Additional data is in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195210

Carleas,

Let me put you in my shoes for a moment.

I’m not allowed to reply to MagsJ without getting banned because of the board warning.

So she gets to say all the shit in the world about me with arguments that I can easily crush and destroy, but I’m not allowed to… even in the rant section …