free will

per definition, rain rolls down the mountainslope

not per definition, feet ascend the mountainslope

“Talks about free will are usually motivated by the hope to get wishes fulfilled, but where there is Will there are neither wishes nor hopes.”

chapter 4 “Selfrealisation” waechter418.wordpress.com/

here’s something fun to do that might be derridaian in spirit… kinda like reverse differance. what we can demonstrate is that trains-of-thought carry their own internal aporia-avoidance mechanisms which can be cancelled if the writer is forced to reconfigure any particular instance of text without the support of the entire body of writing. when writer becomes reader, he exits the train-of-thought and might arrive at a particular point in the text at which he would go an entirely different direction. in other words, if the writer doesn’t remember what he was thinking before he arrived at point y, he can’t be sure he’ll end up at the same point z if he is forced to begin at point y without having point x to refer to. let’s see if it works.

these excerpts are from the posted link. complete the following sentences without referring back to the text:

1. A relationship (in collective-images represented by rulers and serfs) that seems inevitable, since the strong and the weak forces are________.

2. considering the legions of technologists who, under the guidance of science, invent myriads of apparatuses and instruments to optimise its walls, which are guarded by________.

[cue jeopardy music]

Damn straight.

Yeah, to Power.

Power implies capability – and the performance of existence requires a capability that is associated with pride, which in turn connotes nobility manifesting in dignity and generosity – characteristics that have enabled Homo to create splendorous cultures and at the same time to appreciate the capabilities of his fellow-creatures.
As a matter of fact, many cultures praised them – as well as wind, water, volcanoes, trees, planets and other aspects of existence – in temples, myths and works of art, as manifestations of Consciousness.

Will is absolute - unless subjected to morals & purpose, or otherwise adulterated.

Will cannot be willed, as there are no two Wills.

No way, dude. Atari didn’t come out with Pole Position until 1982, so there’s no way Osiris could have had it… unless he used the stargate to travel into the future… but stargate didn’t come out until 1994, so he couldn’t have used it, either.

waechter418

That might depend on the individual and where the talking is occurring. Yes or No?

If one of those wishes is to see/realize that we are, by right, autonomous people, then I can agree with you.
The other is kind of shallow I think.

So then what is its driving force? What is its origin? What did it arise from?
Can you give me an example, a scenario?

barbarianhorde,

How can that be seen as free will? Rain has no other recourse but to roll down the mountainslope or at any rate to go down it. It is observing the laws of nature.

Now real free will would be if it could go rolling up the mountainslope, going against the grain so to speak.
Is free will or any will really being exercised by your definition?
Now I know I may be wrong in this but somehow I see it differently.
Am I making too big a thing of what encompasses “free will”?

for example: a triangle has 3 a square 4 and a cube 8 poles

(if you can think of a better term, i am open to suggestions, particularly as English is not my native language)

(The following interpretation is taken from “Selfrealisation” chapter 4 - see above)

Will is the force of creation and Love the force that relates (unites) its manifestations.

Will has no cause, nor can it be deduced from effects – Will is cause and effect, both are united through Love.

Will is absolute – unless subjected to morals & purpose, or otherwise adulterated.

Will cannot be willed, as there are no two Wills.

Going into combat against the elements is a question kind of like, “can manmade arts surpass the artistry of nature?” There are things that are naturally occurring in accordance with the laws of nature, but if we come into contact with God (who is just part of nature), we may receive ideas that go beyond the initial beauty of nature all around us in a harmonious anchor, grounding its treasures into our forefront. There are natural cycles, but there’s also whirling vortices that we can tame.