What are you doing? (Part 1)

i knew for sure when i started looking on craigslist that i didn’t want to get anything more or less than around 600-700 cc, but i hadn’t made my mind up yet about type. i knew i wouldn’t get a chopper or a cruiser or a soft-tail… and i wasn’t looking explicitly for a sport bike, either. i almost got a triumph street triple with a two brothers exhaust and a few other mods, but the guy changed his mind and decided to keep it. that bike was ideal; more of an upright riding position but also a bonafide naked street fighter style (no fairings). my only objection, besides the factory exhaust which fortunately was replaced, were the headlights. i don’t know what the deal is with the british, but i think the over-sized can mufflers and bug eyed headlights are their way of keeping to the ‘classic’ look? triumph is one of the oldest bike manufacturers in the world.

another thing i was certain of was i wouldn’t get something with more than 5000 miles on it. bike’s aren’t like cars, and a motherfucker who rides hard can be taxing on the engine. of course i saw plenty of nice bikes for great prices, but they all had around 10000-15000 miles on em.

so finally i found a garage kept 06 cbr600rr with 4000 miles on it. honda put out two in 06 (i think)- white and tribal orange - and i happened to find the tribal orange one. not exactly what i had in mind but i reckon it’s appropriate for a sport bike. everything is stock on it and it’s in near mint condition.

see the thing is, buying from a dealer is never what it seems. you end up paying 400-500 more than the sticker price because of all the reprocessing fees and shit, so i went with craigslist. but craigslist can be sketchy and you gotta examine the owner as much as you do the bike. this guy was a moderately wealthy second owner who rode the bike for about 2000 miles and then parked it. he just wasn’t into it. that’s good, because that means he never was really into it… which means he probably didn’t rag the bike out when he rode it. more of an experiment with him; let me buy a sport bike and see if i can get into it.

now i can imagine wanting something a little more like a 700cc in the future, but certainly nothing like a 1000cc. who needs a bike with a car engine in it? but no, i’ve never ridden a sport bike before, so this middle weight bike is ideal for me and so far i’m quite satisfied. my issue with the smaller bikes was i didn’t want the engine to struggle at high rpms when doing 80 on the interstate, and the cbr600 has no problem with this. in fact, that’s where it becomes anxious. the fucker wants to go faster… and if you aren’t watching the gauges… you’ll look down and suddenly you’re doing 110.

so far i’ve had no issues with comfort… except for one minor thing. that little numb sensation right at the inside of the palm/thumb. no problems with back, wrist or ass pain… just the hands. i’m gonna wait a while to see if i can adapt rather than buy gloves and/or gel grips, though. i don’t want to ‘accessorize’, man. i’m not buying all that corny riding shit; jacket, boots, pants, designer back pack, etc.

In this sweating stinking weather I’ve had to become adept at killing insects.
One of my proudest accomplishments is being able to kill flies with near 100 percent efficiency

D remarked to me that that’s remarkable but can be explained by the fact I can also set eggs up straight in a matter of seconds.

I always figured there is an infinite supply of insects but my ninja tactics have proven otherwise.

I remember fondly how me and my sister and another girl spent an afternoon murdering wasps.

What we’d do is, get one of those packets of plastic cups, pour a little blueberry syrup in one of then, wait till a wasp is crawling inside and then insert another cup into the first. Squashing the wasp to a nice puree.

No need to use anymore syrup for the successive killing. The wasps innards apparently give off a scent to other wasps.

When I was a little tyke back in hungry Hungary when my parents deported me to a small village so they could have some privacy, I had lots of friends. We would go out with nets on balmy midsummer dusk lit late afternoons , and catch flying beetles with luminous red, green, bluish neon. Plots . The males had large horns , the females none. The males would fight if prompted . we would keep them for a while then the exemplary onesnwoukd be taken home and made into tokens of our vaning great times just before starting school.

One summer climbing onto a plum tree had a whole bunch that made me real sick, no cars, horse and buggy screaming through night only a beterenian dabbling in medicine. Large pills every two hours day and night. Survived annxcious parents hastily picking up me . School start and my little friend Sonnie’s sister dying at 7 years old layed out all in white for mourning always pray for her many many years cried a lot .
Another last picture show.

Everyone crashes eventually, I’d highly recommend at least a mesh jacket. You don’t have to get all raced up and look like valentino rossi, but you’re going to want something between you and the asphalt for when you eventually smash into and and go sliding down the road. Take it from me. I’ve lost a lot of skin to the pavement.

The 600s are good. Manageable. One thing that a lot of people do to sort of take off some of that top end speed that you almost never use, and to keep it exciting for when you start to get used to it, is to change the number of teeth on the sprockets when it’s time to get new ones. More in the back less in the front or vice versa, I forget, but you can basically make it to where the torque comes in at lower rmps and lower speeds at the expense of some top speed. So there’s that. I did it on and old R6 back in the day, and the z1000 that I borrowed a few weeks ago had the same thing. So the z1000 would top out at about 160, but it was basically a non-stop wheelie machine. Too much engine geared too low. You could take off in 3rd gear and cruise 40mph in 6th so you really hardly needed to shift. Taking off down an on-ramp though, it basically popped the front tire off the ground with every shift.

As long as you’re not riding too much on the lower gear, to brake for more overkill the machine for sure, but then again its a phase. It can take it to uncertain limits for a time.

Haha, that excellent. I envy you.
Fuck it.
Only Russia has any of that space around here.

You can drive as fast as you like in Germany, but there I nowhere to drive to. Still I noticed as I said earlier the my car plateaued at 160 to 170 and then had a hard time getting up to 210 where it was peaking downhill in one of those large Bavarian valleys while I drank tea and listened to the Brandenburg Concertos.
It is all really depressing, replica after replica of the same functional model.

Their cities don’t work because they don’t have alleys. All roads must be impressive. So that what is between the roads just doesn’t really ever exist.
This was I guess what Heidegger tried to alter.

“Everyone crashes eventually, I’d highly recommend at least a mesh jacket.”

you tryin’ to jinx me, dude? you’re not helping, and if i get in a wreck i’m suing you for punitive damages. the people you work with and handle i probably will sue them too.

nm

I’m now learning ‘rev matching’ while down shifting, and it’s some tricky shit. so the deal is, you reduce work load on the trans by synchronizing the rpms of the gears with the engine. Each time you release the clutch, the two engage, so if they’re at different rpms, you put a strain on the trans. It’s not absolutely necessary to rev match, but it does make down shifting much smoother.

Next week I’ll be popping wheelies.

relax. I’m kidding. I can’t afford to die. You people need me.

Reading new posts (lol at most of them), drinking copious amounts of tea and watching MVs… namely K-pop rap and dancing vids. I love rap, and I love dance, so it’s working out well.

lol i got a raise, ya’ll! woo hoo!

the parasite i work for just got back from a vacation in south korea that i bought him, and while talking i kinda hinted around a little. i said something clever that caught him off guard;

‘c’mon man, gimme a couple more dollars an hour, wouldja? i’ve got five mouths to feed’

‘what? i thought you didn’t have any kids…’

‘i don’t. i’m talking about me, you, your wife, and your two kids’

lolz. usually what happens during these raise discussions is, the parasite tries to convince you that unlike him, you don’t need more money… but a well placed comment like that can immediately disarm the parasite. he said nothing in response. what could he say? it was the troof.

remember that line, wage workers, and try it when it comes time to get a little more of your money back.

So they’re saying this site ‘8 chan’ is where it all goes down… so I’ve decided to join and hunt me down some disgruntled white boys to have some fun with. my pseudonym will be a gay communist transgender mexican jew jihadist rapper black girl who is pro choice and has seen bruno mars eleven times in concert.

Ah fiddle sticks. I think they shut the place down. Well you know what that means: a mass migration to stormfront. Wait, is that a philosophy forum? no man, that’s white power.

gasp

[cue starwars storm trooper march theme]

DUN DUN DUN… DUH DUH NUN - DUH DUH NUN

Yeah all places that have exposed pedophiles are being taken down man get with it. Same reason Epstein was offed, its well known Billy Clinton was a 30 times guest on his island. That cant happen, papa Clint is our hero.

what am I doing? laughing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY[/youtube]

You should read “twist of the wrist”. Learn to countersteer and you’ll be dragging your knees in no time.

This is false. 30 flights doesn’t mean 30 trips, you’re counting the connecting flights. Also, they weren’t to the island. It’s also interesting that you’re focused on the guy who left office 20 years ago, when the guy who’s in office now has roughly the same connection to Epstein. You seem like you’re spreading some of that fake news stuff. Just sayin.

‘twist of the wrist’ is like the necronomicon of motocycling, and its sacred wisdom should not be revealed to just any ol’ joe with a motorcycle. perhaps one day i’ll be ready. but not yet.

tell you what i have done, though. i’ve raised the spring pre-loads in the suspension to increase rebound damping… and let me tell you, i can FEEL the difference. that sonofabitch is stiffer than a dick on prom night and can corner on a dime. 'course much of that cornering ability is already present in the design of the bike. the 06 cbr’s upper shock mount is contained in the swingarm instead of the frame… and this drastically reduces negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame (whatever the fuck that means). this makes the bike extremely rigid, especially coming out of a corner. plus the fuel tank is lower on the frame, so the riding position is further forward. being right above the front wheel like that puts you closer to center mass, so you get a deeper lean.

i’m telling you man, this is a bad bike. you know it won the SWC title seven years in a row, and then again in 2010 and 2014. king of the middle weight bikes, and some reports/reviews claim it even competes with the heavy weights, dubbing it a ‘track biased missle’. and that’s the troof. it’s built for the track, not for city streets with speed limits. high revving, throttle sensitive and torquey as fuck. damn thing’ll jump right out from under you if you ain’t careful.

yeah but i’ve got it down in the last couple weeks. smoother shifting, and i’ve pwned the rev matching. since i changed the spring loads i’ve been able to trust the bike more in the turns… so i’m leaning much more. at first i was like ‘woah this doesn’t feel right’, but you learn to have some faith in physics.

bought some new fairings (black with blue flames) which i haven’t put on yet. i’m not burnt-out on the tribal orange yet, so we’re good for the moment.

i’ll be buying some ‘shorties’ (brake and clutch levers) next. tighter with less play and more responsive. they look cooler too. speaking of looking cool, ya think i should toss the stock turn signals and get some fairing mounted signals? i’m keeping the mirrors where they are. i’m all about safety, dude, so don’t try to talk me into those little handle-grip mirrors.

Oh you poor baby, coochie-coochie, well done baby! Like we taught you. Never do research, always pa-paaa-paa-parrot your television.

0:20