Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our pr

Nice complicated argument. You win this one. #-o #-o

Regards
DL

If all you are going to do is expect a legal discourse where all agree on the meaning of words, go find it elsewhere.

I am not here to discuss the meanings of well defined words.

Regards
DL

Seems like you don’t care to define anything accurately.

Regards

I specified god.

Thanks for showing your inaccurate character and wish to win some point enough to distort and lie about what is at issue.

What a puny ugly mind. I hope you are young enough to outgrow such vile traits.

Regards
DL

So you like ugly huh?

Grown up to see you are staying on topic huh?

Listen I agree, present extinction period, not a good thing. That you want to solve it with a naturalistic view of god?

You haven’t even presented your argument clearly.

One minute you are talking about how to view god and the next you’re babbling on about who knows what. I too hope you grow out of it.

Oops forgot the “regards”

Bully doesn’t get his way and doesn’t argue his case, he uses attempts at insults instead.

Atheists don’t worship.

Oops forgot the “regards”

Also a good question, even if rather convoluted.

What type of a god?.. “an imaginary one”. Why is there any need to define that sentiment further?

So no, I don’t think an “imaginary” naturalistic view of a god is going to be beneficial in any way that is good for the earth or the rate species are going extinct.

regards, back-atcha.

phyllo wrote:

How do you know what fish, cats or shrubs worship? Or if they worship anything?

And by the by. Loose the signature. You don’t mean it with any degree of conviction. You insult someone and end it with regards. Sounds to me like you hold nothing but contempt for those who don’t agree with you.

What would be of assistance?

What would “a naturalistic view of god” entail? What would it be like?

Only if you keep your definitions too narrow.

Try thinking as this idol worshiper does. I do not like where he ends up but his descriptions are bang on.

youtube.com/watch?v=SkZg1ZflpJs

Regards
DL

Do you have an idea as to what you would consider an ideal god or ideology for yourself to try to emulate?

I will wager that it is quite human like or human based as that is all you could ever mimic or emulate.

Regards
DL

Personal garbage.

Here’s a quarter. Call someone who cares.

Regards
DL

Like the natives still do, by showing a respect for nature.

Compare that to the wanton destruction we are correctly doing with nature by having some guy in the sky god instead of seeing as an ideal and godlike the Earth that sustains us.

Regards
DL

Agree. =D>

I don’t know why people would adopt such a ‘god’ at this point in time. Any reasons why they would?

The main reason is that our instincts push us to join a tribe. All a religion is is a tribal unit.

Our selfish gene craves security and for a tribal species, that security/fellowship is found in tribes.

youtube.com/watch?v=T64_El2s7FU

Regards
DL

I didn’t ask why people adopt gods. I asked why they would adopt this particular “naturalistic god” at this time. Considering that they either already have a god or they are drifting towards atheism, there appear to be no good reasons for such a move. What would such a god offer them?

Unity of purpose, repairing the damage we are doing, which is required, given that we are in a major extinction event that may well include us.

That and our old gods are moral and ethical garbage and Gaia is a great first hand teacher as compared to what our vile mainstream religions teach.

Regards
DL