What are you doing? (Part 1)

I’ve recently been going to bar-resturants on weekends for dinner and whatever else I might find that’s interesting. Nothing so far, except that I’ve been able to once again exercise my special powers of observation in examining group dynamics and herd behavior. In doing so I’m reminded of what a genuine sociopath I truly am, as i would have nothing to do with such people. I’ve yet to observe something I wasn’t either indifferent to or repulsed by… but certainly nothing worth admiration. In such social settings I’ve always felt like a foreign predator in the company of a more docile and innocuous species that is either only useful to me in some way, or simply uninteresting. I’m unable to participate in menial bantering or play the little contrived games that characterize the group’s dynamics. Burger’s here now. Oh yum. Time to get my grill on.

vocaroo.com/i/s1pmZxbqICD6

Oh dear, here goes the local Randy Travis and his nitty gritty garage band. Gotta go man. I’m almost guaranteed to either toss my burger or fall asleep if I’m forced to endure a G-C-D chord progression for longer than fifteen seconds.

…nice music score… my kinda tune. :slight_smile:

I do find it odd when grown men do childish things…

:flags-usa: Happy 4th of July, Americanos!

…swimming in paperwork… well, not so much swimming in, as surrounded by… begone by tomorrow, I say. :angry:

Thanking the Old Goat for helping me understand much that I used to not even consider.

‘drinking the kool-aid’

Thinking about protesting Tommy Robinson’s imprisonment by emailing UK government officials, there’s blatant injustice over there. What say you, UK ILPers?

changed the rear differential fluid in ludwig van this morning in an effort to troubleshoot the audible but low humming sound coming from the rear-end at highway speeds. few things will produce that sound: new tires with stubby tread, low/fouled differential fluid, or bad bearing(s). ludwig and i have eliminated 1, and hope to god it isn’t number 3, which would hurt my wallet as much as it would hurt him. he’d have to undergo extensive surgery for something like that.

now the humming sound has decreased, but it’s still there. could be bearings getting bad, but not yet bad enough to become a problem. we decided to wait a while before we pay for a diagnostic test and put him in some strange garage. he doesn’t like the doctor’s office and prefers me to treat him if i can. this morning was fairly easy… except i bashed my fuckin’ knuckles on the gear case when the ill fitted wrench slipped. goddamn metric system.

Wondering where Gloominary is with his fresh topic material?

Being awake when I should be asleep… heard a cat fight outside my window in the adjacent gardens below and told Hunter no, who immediately came to the door to be let in without hesitation. He is such a brilliant cat to have… apart from when he’s killing birds.

Hunter’s last kill, well… not exactly a kill as a maim, so that he could play with his food while it was still kind of alive. I took it in and placed it in an egg box (the irony, I know) and covered it with a blanket of napkin, but it died a couple of hours later… after comforting it through its last few hours.

I’m pretty sure that birds don’t have any feelings.

It was in trauma and fighting to stay alive, before it went into shock… all the while looking at me for comfort and reassurance, and I, knowing that my cat was the cause of its imminent demise. :neutral_face:

I think I really should just get up and have breakfast…

Fish act traumatized when you take them out of the water, that doesn’t mean they have feelings. A window makes a sound when you throw a brick through it but that doesn’t mean that it felt pain.

Do not disrespect the memory of my little birdy buddy by calling him feelingless… he deserves better than that.

So great was his pain that he had gripped onto me so tight, in an attempt to ease it… such things are borne from feeling.

Whatever you say.

“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”

• D. H. Lawrence

It was a crow…

My, the birds are noisy this morning… their tweetings and cawings dominating the North-Central London skies, and I am hungry, and so the cat and I shall breakfast early.

Strange, here in French Polynesia as well. !