What's for dinner?

A wheat bread sandwich of chicken salad with walnuts and grapes followed by crushed pineapple drizzled over angel food cake. It was all so scrumptious. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pan-fried chicken, with some steamed basmati rice, and a simple salad… all Organic, allergen-free, free-range etc. etc. etc…

Sweet sticky chilli chicken wings, basmati rice, and salad… all non-allergenic Organic blah blah blah.

Mags, it’s time for you to take a vacation from chicken. Aren’t you getting tired of it? What are the other meats you can consume? An acquaintance of mine slow cooked an African lamb dish that was exceptional that had pine nuts, apricots, all spice. He makes use of library cookbooks always experimenting and he incorporated many spices which he didn’t elaborate on, but the gravy the lamb was bathed in was complex, but elegant simultaneously.

I have trouble finding spices out here in the middle of nowhere, but London should have an exceptional variety.

Do you have the time and energy to experiment at home? Can you grill in your courtyard?

…oh I have sushi, lamb, seafood, and other such stuff on some days… I’m just trying to optimise the self by consuming clean and efficient fuel most days… it’s what builds great physiques and focused minds. I’d been relying on bags of Rowntrees sweets as a quick-fix energy rush, which is not a great long-term solution. 8-[

I’m going to give a falafel recipe a try, and make bread and quiches and pasta etc. with cassava flour, so watch this space Wendy. :smiley:

Having some Organic Sauvignon Blanc, whilst waiting for some free-range Toulouse sausages (to go into a couple of gluten/dairy free petit pain) to cook… gonna make up some mustard to go with, from powder not seeds.

Cassava flour is ground up bush? Holy cows! And it tastes okay? I don’t believe that wood pulp can become a delicious pizza crust, but I’m looking forward to you proving me wrong.

Some duck, some flan, and some bone marrow w/ oxtail jam.

Some ribs, a half chicken w/ beans, rice and plaintains, and a hangar steak w/ some veggies.

Cheese, bone marrow and a chocolate tart.

A deli sandwich, a ridiculous biscuit, and a butter croissant soaked in heavy cream then fried then covered with cinnamon butter, maple syrup and fresh fruit.

Roasted pork with plantains and beef empanada and a ridiculous milkshake with a piece of cheesecake on top.

…it’s a shrub, but it’s mainly the tubers that are utilised for consumption… it’s been a staple food for those in the Tropics for 1000s of years.

It tastes fantastic… I grew up on the stuff… my family posting it over to here, so that we could eat the food of our ancestors… well, that ancestral line at least.

Roasted paprika/garlic-rubbed chicken, griddled courgette, and brown rice… with half a corn-on-the-cob.

…quite yummy.

if I’m not back in five minutes, just wait longer

An early dinner for me today:

Roasted paprika/garlic-rub chicken, griddled courgette, and two types of squash with very different textures… one green with a dark yellow cheddar-like crumbliness interior to it, the other pale yellow and soft and fleshy.

The first pumpkin I mentioned is definitely an acquired taste… but it’s mature cheddar-like interior does grow on the palate.

Lol… did you need to call an ambulance after?

I’m not good with carbs… I think they’re being mis-sold to us as wholly vital, so that someone can make a quick buck from our bang… for want of a better word. :slight_smile:

no way bro. i’ve got an adamantium lined stomach. i can eat anything but snails. for religious reasons, which i don’t want to get into.

yeah i got no problem with my carb intake. i’ll burn that reuben and cheese-fries basket off in less than an hour, no prob.

as for marketing, the way to figure out what’s going on is to pinpoint who’s profiting from some bit of data, whether it’s a lie or the truth. if you’re experiencing a ‘carbs are bad no wait carbs are good’ argument somewhere in the media, most likely the ‘carbs are bad’ is the truth… but it’ll be exaggerated, because those nutritionists are also getting paid to publish these reports, somehow, somewhere.

Currently eating my way through cuts off of subtlety-seasoned roasted shoulder-of-lamb, 3 types of nuked squash, and pan-fried courgette… washed down with an Organic Tempranillo… :stuck_out_tongue:

the reuben is the brainchild of a jewish lithuanian grocer and his fellow poker players - known as ‘the comittee’ - in the state of nebraska. the unique but strange idea for the sandwich is quite apropos, since we are given to ask of a lithuanian jew grocer poker player; ‘wtf are you doing in nebraska, anyway?’ perhaps it is true that novel circumstances give birth to novel ideas. one must wonder what kind of sandwich would be conceived by a protestant nebraskan wheat farmer should he have residence in iceland and take up the sport of curling. i can only speculate.