Three AM

It’s been changed to 4 am.

One thing though, this setup would be way convenient for me since Your 4 am is for me totally different, actually it is afternoon. People like You may develop an attitude that I am inclined to take advantage of you having to stay up the wee hours of the morning , while I am merely entertaining myself during the wee hours at your expense.

Funny, though, the irony is that I should have kept my mouth shut, and enjoy this game of who knows when, what, why and from.

Just proves I am a simple and honest soul., and ignorant to boot if the other possibility is I go by a different measurement of time: by going by sunup and sundown.

I am sitting in the Sydney branch of PCH&N… :slight_smile:

Thanks

MagsJ :

I didn’t want to upset the order of postings, but here is a backward look, ( I like to call it ’ time travel) to those ignoble birds:

A group of crows is called a murder.Crows are black birds known for their intelligence and adaptability, and for their loud, harsh “caw.”

Say what?

So I guess they can be considered a good thing to have around.

And :

In most of England, seeing a solitarycrow meant anger, but in Northamptonshire, it meant ill fortune.Crow, cawing in a hoarse voice, meant bad weather. A death omen was acrow cawing thrice as it flew over a house. … Crows have long been considered magical and it is said that finding a dead crow is a sign of good luck.Oct 31, 2013

So what’s good for the geese ( being called 'death) is not good for the gander ( the solitary ) ?

But perhaps solidarity between geese and crows is not as inconceivable as some kind of detante between Republican elephants and Democratic donkeys.

Crows are sly but defensively to protect an inner notion:

Many cultures consider crows to be the keepers of the Sacred Law, for nothing escapes their keen sight. To have a Crow as a power animal is extremely powerful stuff. When we meditate on the crow and align with it, we are instilled with the wisdom to know ourselves beyond the limitations of one-dimensional thinking and laws. We are taught to appreciate the many dimensions of both reality and ourselves, and to learn to trust our intuition and personal integrity.

Crows often appear in groups, and though there seems to be no variation in their caw-ing to each other, each caw actually has a different meaning. Their complex vocabulary is one sign of their intelligence, and is also a sign of their significance as power animals. When a crow explores something new, others watch closely to see what happens and then learn from it. They often make great noise when hunters are around, warning deer and other birds. Crows recognise potential danger and hence always post lookouts when feeding. This is their most vulnerable time. This helps us understand that we must watch what we believe, to test our habitual ideas about reality against a more universal standard.

Without paying careful attention, we are unable to understand the language of crows, this signifies the fact that we can’t always see beyond our own cultural limitations. These limitations include certain moral codes of right and wrong, along with ‘rules’ that accompany these codes.

Throughout history there have been many (unnecessary) conflicts and wars between humans due to differing moral and religious beliefs. To truly create a new age of love, peace and harmony it is of high importance for us to be able to transcend our particular cultural limitations and to hold in our hearts and souls what we share as spiritual beings in human form. We are all connected, infinitely and composed of the same ‘stuff’. We need to realise that hurting others only hurts ourselves. Crow is the bird which represents this transcendence.

Crow can also teach us to be mindful about judging people automatically. Be mindful of your opinions and actions. You need to walk your talk, to speak your truth and to know your life’s mission. Again, trust your intuition and personal integrity, to create your own standards, whether or not they matc those of the world around you. Be an individual, think for yourself, don’t necessarily follow the crowd!

In the courting process the male crow’s voice takes on a singing quality. This lets us see what the basis of sacred law is, unconditional love, the one unfailing principle by which we can test our own principles.

Crow is an omen of change. Crows live in the void and have no sense of time, therefore being able to see past, present and future simultaneously. They unite both the light and the dark, both the inner and the outer. Crow is the totem of the Great Spirit and must be held with utmost respected. They are representations of creation and spiritual strength.

Crows are messengers, telling us about the creation and magic all around us, that is available to us just for the asking. Look for opportunities to bring into being the magic of life. The striking black colour of the crow represents the colour of creation. It is the womb out of which the new comes into existence. Black is the colour of the night, giving birth to the light of a new day.

Crows are sly and can be deceptive in their actions. They have been known to build false nests high in treetops to confuse predators. Their nests are built very high up, giving them the chance to watch everything that is going on around them.

From the Journey of a Shaman:

As crows are adaptable to all environments and will eat almost anything, they can survive in almost any situation. Crow is surrounded by magic, unseen forces and spiritual strength. If crow enters your life, get out of your familiar nest, look beyond your present range of vision, listen to the message(s) in its caw and act accordingly.

MagsJ : look for strange magic to occur soon .

youtu.be/eEINzEh_qYg

:neutral_face:

:laughing:

When I said I was right on time, I didn’t mean 3am on the dot… that was simply a coincidence that happened right after I submitted my post.

I, or… my house, has very recently started attracting crows… to go with the owls, passing seagulls, and other Ave species that seem to congregate or fly overhead, but the crows are new… having been around for only the last few days… their presence being initiated by a huge solo crow on the rooftop opposite.

youtu.be/tvtJPs8IDgU

He didn’t get to know the crow that flow above his head
Caw caw caw it cawled
Next moment he was dead.
Who knew what a crew could do
Until it’s pointed out to you. :slight_smile:

derleydoo:

One thing though, this setup would be way convenient for me since Your 4 am is for me totally different, actually it is afternoon. People like You may develop an attitude that I am inclined to take advantage of you having to stay up the wee hours of the morning , while I am merely entertaining myself during the wee hours at your expense.

Funny, though, the irony is that I should have kept my mouth shut, and enjoy this game of who knows when, what, why and from.

Just proves I am a simple and honest soul., and ignorant to boot if the other possibility is I go by a different measurement of time: by going by sunup and sundown.
[/quote]
[/quote]
K: why Mr. Derely… As I am the only one around here to get this joke,
“branch of PCH&N” I must ask, which Sydney branch are you refering to?

I often think you are just having fun at our expense… tell me it ain’t so, Mr. Derely???

Tell me it ain’s so? :sunglasses:

Kropotkin

[/quote]

I often think you are just having fun at our expense… tell me it ain’t so, Mr. Derely???

Kropotkin
[/quote]
Peter! How could you! You do realise that the words in blue belong to Menu?

It aint so. Quite the opposite. Lately, one or two people have had fun at my expense!

Whilst you are in the office, may I take this opportunity to nominate Mister Marvin Gaye as an American peacemaker. Peacemakers are annoying people. Just ask Marvin’s dad!

This message was posted from our Dubai office.

Kropotkin
[/quote]
Peter! How could you! You do realise that the words in blue belong to Menu?

It aint so. Quite the opposite. Lately, one or two people have had fun at my expense!

Whilst you are in the office, may I take this opportunity to nominate Mister Marvin Gaye as an American peacemaker. Peacemakers are annoying people. Just ask Marvin’s dad!

This message was posted from our Dubai office.
[/quote]
Dare ly do , my dad seen long gone and to let disturb the eternal sleep of a wonderful guy is a sacrilege. If you would like to address the living , it would be kindly appreciated. No harm or malice intended.

The menu option threw me my bad.

However to understand peace , it can not be had at once -the hole nine yards, it comes through at a heavy price, piece by piece.

Meno wrote: Dare ly do , my dad seen long gone and to let disturb the eternal sleep of a wonderful guy is a sacrilege. If you would like to address the living , it would be kindly appreciated. No harm or malice intended.

The menu option threw me my bad.

However to understand peace , it can not be had at once -the hole nine yards, it comes through at a heavy price, piece by piece.
[/quote]
Awakened by the rain! Meno, it would appear that I have upset you in some way! Please accept my apologies, There was no insult intended. Your name wouldn’t be Marvin, would it? Perhaps it is a reference to my failure to address your crow post… I thought you were talking directly to Magsj.
Once again, I confess to being a little confused! Each time I looked, your post had grown a little. (Last edited by Meno_ on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.) Are you sure it is finished? :slight_smile:

I have been exchanging emails with PK for the best part of 16-17 years. I was genuinely surprised to think he would think what he thinked. I thought, ‘Cor’! #-o

The album, What’s Going On, was released in 1971. It is a little dispiriting to note that it could have been written tomorrow.

I must return to my slumbers.

bing.com/videos/search?view … S558NF0z8A

me Upset? I haven’t been here long, and I had no idea. I can not be upset, if You only had an idea, then could guess The resiliency unto death of my alligator skin.

Some day. may be.
Anyhow it’s all fun and none of us is armed and dangerous.

You should be an impressionist! :smiley:

Mr. Derely….really, 16 or 17 years? wow, I didn’t really think
it was that long we have been e-mailing… and every single day,
I still look for an e-mail from you…… as for me being confused about
your thinking and my thinking and everyone’s thinking… quite often
I just get confused… I blame old age and senility but one can also blame
the quality of life in America going down the drain or anyone of a dozen
excuses like snow blindness or I had a cramp or I can blame the quality
of education I got as a kid…I have any number of excuses I can go to
to absolve my confusion… I can just listen to whatever excuse trump gives
for this week fuck up and steal that…

anyway, as for Marvin Gaye, to be honest, I am more of a Stevie Wonder type of
guy…I listen to Wonder’s “Songs in the key of life” album quite often…

Stevie Wonder for President…

got to be better then the current idiot…

and gotta get ready for my daily punishment at work…

Kropotkin

You listen to the wonder too? Is that the only album you’re familiar with?

oh you done did it now, pete.

youtube.com/watch?v=rNuhRlw0XA4

youtu.be/AMNphiI6Qxw

Having never had a power animal before… I didn’t choose the crow, the crow chose me… and not for the first time, I might add. :neutral_face:

I prefer to let such matters find me, rather than I seek them out, as it’s less of a shock to the system that way.

It objectified transcendence that way, I am relieved for it signifies hierarchies of reasonable variants into the wrongly presupposed, reconstructed objectives of human evolution. It meets the challenges that the inauthentic experience pose to good intentions.

i.e. no ripple effect… or a very minimal one at most.

I think they have moved on, having not heard a caw in recent days… or nights, for they seemed to have much more to discuss at night than during the day. No, make that at dawn… I just heard them.

My there’s a lot of chatter from the various Ave specie this morning… perhaps discussing why Hunter (my cat) keeps preying on them, both big and small/new born to adult… and he looks like butter wouldn’t melt. :icon-rolleyes: