New Discovery

Just another example of being timeless awareness.

Yes I have had moments as well that are like this. It would seem as if we truly are a timeless awareness. Always recycling and evolving and ability to access imagery and understand via a priori.

It’s quite the opposite. The past does not exist. We only have the present. This is important so I will repeat: all we have is the present moment which quickly turns into a past event that is brought forth through memory even if what happened occurred a second ago. That is why animals do not have this ability to think about past events. They don’t have the language that allows them to remember the past.

The past created the present but only the present can be experienced
For it is the eternal now which is always in a constant state of motion

This must be a hard concept to grasp. If there is no such thing as the past, how can the past cause the present? The present is influenced by what has occurred, and choices are made due to the memory of what occurred, but we only have an eternal now. The fact that there is no past is important to this discussion!

Actually there are so many pasts and futures , relative to each other, that if the multitude of these are relative, then the immediate presences, which are immeasurable anyway, tend to form an immeasurable plane of imminance.
Who in the world can measure this plane, and from what vantage point?
The way You describe this imminance is linear, but in fact it is circular and spherically virtual!

Again it seems abundantly clear, that Your ultra literally real presentation consists of a fixed abstraction, from which there is no possible move toward transcendence. And although the ideas presented are, or should even must be right, the absolutely can not justify them in the ultra positioning in which and through which they are presented because of th or lack of focus. The lack of cosmological and quantum relationships, which do require the transcendental objective to arise, are dynamically missing, whereas the have long ago been shifted to.
Instead, You are suggesting that evil be defined as the starting point, where it has already been discovered that evil is not an entity, as darkness is not, but an absence of goodness and light.

If You can dispense with these, then the eternal move ment of light and its lack , the idea formed by planetary revolution and slowly interceeding shades of grey. then, you would be coming closer.to this idea if depth from which enemates the figurative qualifier by which this urgency to repair perceptive abilities to acquire this depth is becoming a death or life requirement, to save the planet.

Here is Wittgenstein commenting on a multidimensional description of death:
(It befits the criteria by which temporal signification is absolutely examined):

“Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits.”

Peacegirl: do You see the reverseability between the eternal continuity and the phenomenal experience of the present moment as purely descriptive? The present is simply s state of Being, in other words, nominally speaking.

But the implication consists not with that order, it is not a unanimous with it, it is transcriptive, using it’s object( cessation, temporal gap: Death, as a metaphore; to in drive it into within It’self, into it’s being.

This is something of value , and implies Wittgenstein nominal expression as covered by the see-shell hiding the pearl. You do have to dive deep to get at it!

If I may borrow a partial narrative from a concurrent thread , “Biological Will”,

“the hundred times refuted theory of ‘free will’ - get beyond the peasant simplicity of this celebrated concept ‘free will’ and banish it from one’s mind - the causa sui is the best self-contradiction hitherto imagined, a kind of logical rape and unnaturalness: but mankind’s extravagant pride has manged to get itself deeply and fightfully entangled with precisely this piece of nonsense…”

To illustrate a similar point regarding our previous correspondence on contradiction.
Let’s allow the veracity of self contradiction .as per a generalized aspect of dynamic object construction, without which, the objective of transcending it would have been not possible.
This is the hidden aspect of intentionality, and a determinancy to construct human liberty and personal freedom, not bound by imperial design and suppression of thought through political oppression.

Once that object has been constructed, it may be a problem to deconstruct it eidectically., however convincing it may appear.phenomenological.
The contradiction does not disappear, it merely transposed into modern garb.
The self contradiction become a a.social one, and it’s collusive suppression can be covered up only for so long.

That is what is was talking about.

Meno, I like you so please don’t take this in a negative light. May the best man win!!

We only may interact with a present moment, this does not mean the past or future doesn’t exist… the past can be replicated. Animals do have an ability to think about past events, just not to the extent we have… which is already known and the differentiation in consciousness. We repeat history all the time, if the past is only the past and no not existent, we wouldn’t repeat it surely… I don’t live solely for the present moment. I reflect before I make a present choice, typically. Reflect and estimate.

Artimas, the past doesn’t exist. I know this is hard to contemplate because it seems so real. But it doesn’t exist. We live in the present. Everything happens in the present. EVERYTHING! This has nothing whatsoever to do with reflection. Every single one of us reflecst IN THE PRESENT. Why is this so threatening?

I am not sure on how you think the past doesn’t exist because I definitely went to a friends yesterday and I do remember going and could even explain my time there. I was present when it was happening and I am present after it happened and maybe I will be present if it ever happens again too, that’s for me to decide, right now in any given present moment of continuity, dependent upon if I enjoyed my time of which occurred in the past from this point right now.

Time is a string Pg, just because we are constantly moving up the string, does not mean there is no behind us on that same string, science has made it clear and humanities interest still lies in the past, to learn what not to do or what to do.

It’s a string going in and out of continuing hour glasses. Obstacles and choices. Pyramids with inverted pyramids on top, the string going up and down them, like a ladder or staircase.

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984

It’s not threatening to me, the only reason there is a present now is because there was a present then, this then is called the past.

The eternal now is continuously changing and once it passes becomes the eternal past which could still exist as memory
But if there is no such thing as the eternal past then the eternal now would have to be entirely unchanging and timeless
As this is not the case then the eternal past must exist as well even if it can no longer be experienced by us in real time
Also if the eternal now was entirely unchanging and timeless there would be no determinism or free will or anything else
Time is a measurement of change so no time would mean no change where either nothing existed or everything was static

It’s not that what has happened in the past didn’t happen. It’s that we can only gain access to what has happened through our memory. If we had amnesia, the past wouldn’t exist since the eternal present is our only reality.

I never said the eternal now is unchanging and timeless, but the past is real only insofar as what we can recall through our memory, our history books, our pictures, our documentaries, etc. Just because we live in the eternal now doesn’t mean everything is static. Nothing stays the same, not even for a nanosecond. Time is a measurement of these changes.

Yes and we are attached to the sum of all experience, both future and past… via sub/unconscious. It’s history to prove an empirical past but imagination could prove a past of which we have forgotten or a future of which we may not understand quite yet. Think on it.

We have a connection to the string that has lasted the last billions of years(by still existing as a result of it) of which who knows if any civilizations happened, right? Well imagination says it did happen, our ideas that come to us, imagery. It can either mean it will happen or it did happen. That is the power of the psyche and what is the existential crisis that people try to escape or hide from, understanding that one is an infinite of experiences, possible or perhaps past, confined to a present moment of continuity.

It can be disagreed upon but it’s the truth. We have every invention now, that came from the imagination, should be empirical enough. The imagination being a communication method of the unconscious/subconscious to the conscious mind via imagery.

Am I saying dragons could have existed or could be a future biological creation? Yes, precisely. I think we don’t take into account how serious a role creativity and imagination has and if executed with properly balanced logic/reason.

Imagination and creativity is an amazing attribute. I’m not sure where this negates the fact that all we have is the eternal present.

The past is actually more relevant to who we are because our experiences more than anything else are what define us
What is happening to you right now is less important as no time has passed for it to have truly affected you in any way

So the past is not just books and pictures and documentaries but our very being which is contained within both our conscious and sub conscious
Whether we remember it or not is not relevant as it is impossible not to be shaped by all of our experiences because they make us who we are

If you control and utilize your eternal present you will always have and live in the future, for change will be rapid by properly executed perception. We have the future and the past, we interact in a present moment due to these two factors.

All of existence is physically connected and there are also more subtle psychological connections where we are concerned
We may separate time into past / present / future for reasons of practicality but in reality it is all continuous and eternal

Yes and some of the only things that march with change, is entropy, ignorance and wisdom.

You are misunderstanding the whole concept. We can utilize what has happened in the past to create a better tomorrow. But the past only exists in our memory and the future is not here yet. We only have now. I’m sure you will disagree with this truth, so I really have nothing more to say on the topic.