What are you doing? (Part 1)

streamable.com/s685b

I got a job doing guitar voiceovers for Edie brickell and the new bohemians. She’s sending me the transcripts and we’re set to tour in 2020.

Im watching this crazy raw meatist checking out his DNA and talking to ex vegans.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VbvFSxiDYY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XuSQq77NJQ[/youtube]

So this is what people who only eat raw meat and don’t drink water look like!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzAD5yDziE[/youtube]

Haha, she uses pigfat to make up her eyes.

previously I was watching him eat. Not for vegan eyes.

[tab][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoVt__-fuNw[/youtube][/tab]

Planning to get my first passport and finally travel overseas to Italy and Greece in the Spring of 2021. Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do or see that most tourists never hear about in Rome, Naples, Athens, or on Hydra, Poros, And Aegina? Joker will be indisposed then so my best friend (male) is accompanying me. Since Europe is more dangerous than ever, it’s fantastic that he looks like a serial killer so nobody will trouble us. :smiley:

[ quote=“WendyDarling”]Planning to get my first passport and finally travel overseas to Italy and Greece in the Spring of 2021. Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do or see that most tourists never hear about in Rome, Naples, Athens, or on Hydra, Poros, And Aegina? Joker will be indisposed then so my best friend (male) is accompanying me. Since Europe is more dangerous than ever, it’s fantastic that he looks like a serial killer so nobody will trouble us. :smiley:
[/quote]
Hi Wendy long time no hear!

Went to Italy two years ago, Venice is romantic . Rome is awsome . but Vinci Terra is faboulus. and my best experience was visiting. Capri, climbing the hill to the castle built by the decrepid emperor Tiberius, who took baths with children satisfying him orally. The view is really awsome, the climb very taxing. Very noteworthy are stops along the way, of the daily railroad pass are Pompeii, and the relics. Again requires hardy stamina and a strong stomach.

streamable.com/em1tx

Being awake… at this time of the morning :icon-rolleyes: got a sore back from doing… nothing in particular, so hoping it wears off later in the morning so that I can get things I need to do done.

A tea, perhaps :-k

OK, thanks. I just wanted to know what you meant by ‘astral-planing via meditation’.

If you think you may die when you leave your physical body, then best not to try it. Leaving your body does feel like dying and can be terrifying. I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone who isn’t psychologically stable or has a weak heart. Just before you detach, it can feel like your heart is about to explode then suddenly… snap… you’ve consciousness has dislocated… you hear your heart thumping and your frantic breathing underneath you as you lift several inches above your body. You’re in another dimension.

I used to make a conscious effort to look at my physical body before going anywhere. I thought that would terrify me but strangely, it gave me comfort knowing the body was still there… still breathing… still alive…

I’d love to try AP again after all those decades. My outlook has changed from when I was a teenager so it would be fantastic to see how that plays out in the subtler worlds. Unfortunately, I don’t even have time to post on ILP anymore let alone take on something else so it will have to wait. :frowning:

Eat street food from local vendors. Take a short amount of time snapping pics of tourist shit and then start drinking and walk off away from the tourist areas and find the real people who live there. Go with the flow and don’t be afraid that you’re going to be victimized. Americans have a tendency to view the rest of the world as a lot more dangerous than it is. If you can make it in Detroit, or New Orleans, or Birmingham, or the Bronx then you can make it anywhere. Do a lot of research before you go and watch YouTube videos of locals doing local shit. Don’t visit Europe as if it’s a theme park for photo ops of old buildings. Get down in it and learn the smell of the city and see what it’s like to really be there. Good luck.

The best traveller guides on the planet ieo… their Apps and Vids will probably be the most helpful in planning outings and their websites full of info on the cities you are planning to visit.

Conde-Nast Traveller

Lonely Planet

Speaking of meditating… This is how I like to start my day…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY[/youtube]

When you haven’t sat down at a drum kit in thirteen years, this is what happens. This shit ain’t like riding a bike, yo. You get rusty unless you’re schooled and got everything commited to memory… or intermediate and KEEP practicing. I’m neither… but I can get it back if I buy one of these electronic jobs, I think.

streamable.com/ke7h7

When you try to hold a beat and link up with the other guy who, like yourself has no intention of buying anything and pisses all the staff off by playing the instruments, fails to fall in with you… at which point you say ‘wtf dude’, and forget about trying.

streamable.com/eg5ut

When you find these adorable little bongo thingies and want to check them out.

streamable.com/33c9i

Thanks for the trip tips, people. Checked out those websites too, Mags. :stuck_out_tongue:

Started hacking at a fairly mature ivy on the back-garden back wall with an electric double-edged saw… courtesy of my neighbour, and it started to rain. I’d have had it off the entire wall by now, otherwise. :neutral_face:

It comes out a couple of feet from the wall, so can’t wait to get more light back, and to decide what to do with the wall instead… a lounger, or feature, or large potted plant, or hammock… perhaps. :-k

Cool… I might revisit the Lonely Planet series… they were cra-zy! so off the beaten track.

The Old Towns and markets etc. are usually authentic town-dwelling native inhabited… just be careful not to wander into the slums. #-o

From the video tours I’ve watched, I’m wondering what parts of Athens aren’t covered in graffiti which makes all those streets look slummy more than not.

According to my mainland European buddies, the recent immigrant populations there defaced the architecture with graffiti all over the cities, but you will know a slum when you see one. :open_mouth:

Yep. Mainly arty immigrants from Berlin (and other European/East European cities) who have been pushed out by gentrification. Berlin is phenomenally expensive and all the old arty areas in Berlin have been taken over by yuppies and hipster tech nerds with money. The art studios are now Starbucks and the galleries and music venues have been turned into fast food outlets and trendy clothing shops. Athens is sometimes called the ‘new Berlin’ because of all the artsy hippies pouring in but many say that’s a misnomer because Athens is more likely to turn into a drug-ridden slum rather than a cool avant-garde /bohemian area and even if it did go all hipster/tech/cool, those who started it will only have to move again. This is what happens when everything has a price and nothing has value (paraphrasing Oscar Wilde)

The illegal immigrants have been doing the defacing of historical/listed buildings, which differs from the graffiti going on in the cool parts of any town, that are usually commissioned and therefore not Illegal.

Berlinians in Athens… I didn’t know that was a thing :confusion-shrug: why couldn’t the art set and tech set coexist? as they can, and do, in many cities. Why displace the very people that made a place what it is? or did ownership, money, and power fuel that option…

Barcelona has many pretty slum towns, but they’re the prettiest slums I’ve ever seen…

I suspect ‘the new Berlin’ is a marketing term created by the city or investors to try to invigorate Athens. My god, they need it. Athens has a huge drug problem, lots of crime, illegal immigrants and a failing economy.

Yes, it’s about money. The displacement is just part of the supply and demand economy (aka artificial scarcity).

Here’s Athen’s bid for the 2018 Graffiti Olympics.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyjZ-zHzXN0[/youtube]