Pedro's Corner

Mel Gibson

Apocalypto is closest to what nazidom was.
Mel Gibson could do it.
He is even knows the hatred of Jews but is wise enough to know that this doesn’t define what a Jew is. He could make a badass thing.

That I would like to see.

I wonder what he’s working on these days. I wonder if his ego stepped back in doubt from Apocalypto and The Passion Of The Christ, or went “yes!” I hope the latter. That is fucking Cinema.

New Tarantino flick coming out. It’s set in LA, though I think in the 20’s.

Brad Pitt once again. Round 2.

I coolant believe I liked the Passion.
The scene in the garden at night fuck man that was real. The scaredy-Jesus. Beautiful stuff.

Let me see his Black Cauldron. That was a good fucking film.

That was a good fucking film indeed. But that was post Walt, wasn’t it?

Anyway, we can only hope that he will someday make children’s movies. That would be a true extravagance on the Universe’s part.

Also, the point you made about aristocracy in Pulp Fiction was not missed. It is possibly one of the strongest points to be made about film in general, say true.

It was a great achievement, but I don’t think it was ever Tarantino’s goal.

Yeah Gibson is still the only one killing people with his films.

Damn. That should be nice.
I heard he got in trouble at Cannes over not giving the one woman, that loudmouth girl in the Wolf, too many lines. This might also bode well. I just always hope to get a shock like Pulp Fiction. That still stands as the best movie ever made, as far as Im concerned. The way Butch sneaks up to his place to get his watch, the centre of the Earth.

Another thing T is doing is trying to move away from the indulgence of his RD, PF movies.

He wants to pin down a beautiful melody.

Like true aristocracy then. Not a goal, always already attained.

No I don’t buy that.
There is no trying to get away from the fountainhead. It just happens.
Pulp Fiction was the pivotal film, the moment where (set in Brad Fiedel music] cinema became self aware.

Hahahaha yeah, Tarantino still getting in trouble.

That’s how you know the world is still right side up.

Yep.

Fountainhead shit. No fountainhead.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WC0BdW1Lvw[/youtube]

I’m not really that arrogant. My real answer is no fountainhead, only relationship with the muses.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQrCfkvbGw[/youtube]

The only thing that can stand up to the power of the Catholic church in terms of ceremony. And instead of dread, you walk out of there feeling replenished, closer to God.

My sister married a consumate musician, of classical tendency but, you know, French, modern French, bohemian. in the wedding, at which I was best man, he had some music friends over and they sang a bunch of these songs. I was dancin and swayin. People were like wut. I was feelin it. I even resented them a little as, being bohemians, they didn’t go for the true power. But their understanding of the music was correct enough and I felt that shit. Felt so so bad for the others there, unwilling or unable to feel the grace, awkwardly seeking to join the dance but like in a catholic way. But the grace was there, it didn’t matter.

Yeah. That shit.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljup8cIRzIk[/youtube]

When you realize it sprang from the exact same ground as this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G4SIpijScs[/youtube]

You be like damn. You come close to understanding the power.

(Sorry for the edits, wanted to get one with the chanting)

Spanish: dances are for sexy

Africans: dancing is for invoking spirits

Spanish: we can work it out.

Only time I came close to Christianity was in Savannah in a black baptist church. The pastor was a man of god, no doubt. I just already had my own gods. I couldn’t do it, I told him, even though I allowed him to pray for me and explain what he thought Jesus is. I was definitely impressed and moved.

My grandfather later sent him a letter.
“Many thanks from a grandfather”.

P R A I S E H E R
P R A I S E D I A N A