Thoughts, Observations and Questions.

This just in: 19 undocumented Mexicans and other foreigners worked for a/the trump organization.

Moral of the story: campaign against illegal immigrants UNLESS you’re a capitalist who can exploit them for cheap labor on the down low.

this just in: trump says, and i quote; ‘the president of puerto rico is corrupt’.

for once he’s told the truth… but by accident.

Holy shit dude. Aren’t you embarrassed? Is this a serious argument?

No, i am a narcissist. I’m never embarrased.

Sounds like the first line for a potential rap song. :sunglasses:

I know, right? It’s not the rappers fault though… this undeserved and unearned sense of greatness. It’s more of a cultural paradigm thing that started once capitalism took hold of the music industries and reduced everything to simple formula and mediocrity. Add this to the association of wealth with power, and you get a bunch of invalids who feel extraordinary because of the money they’ve made being a part of its (hip hop) production.

Promethean

If you haven’t read it already . . .

Political Hip Hop

(extra material in ‘References’)

yeah i know all about it. i grew up in it and got to witness its entire evolution… from the moment it started as a silly but harmless novel trend in mainstream pop music back in the 80s to the present day, where it persists like what should have been a short lived experiment but ends up becoming a fantastic gimmick for making fast money in a commodified industry of mass production pandering to a musically illiterate audience of consumers.

but i’m a bit of a music snob, though, and as a musician myself, i’m almost appalled at how seriously this trend has been taken by the western world. it really comes to represent a vision of cultural decline, and i see all kinds of signs and symptoms which point directly to the kinds of attitudes our capitalism/consumerism indirectly fosters in the people. it would be one thing if hip hop were just for ‘fun’, but its not. it’s become a very serious aberration in the artistic spirit of western civilization.

but sure, i get it, and i’ve said it before; there can be good rap… but rap is not good. i don’t see it as representative of real talent, and while i, myself, can’t rap, i don’t feel like i’m missing something critically important in terms of credible talent… if that makes any sense.

i accept that it is a music by the people, for the people. i’m just not part of ‘the people’, nor would i ever want to be.

and you know, i think even if history had been different - if the ethnocentric civil unrest for a racial minority that spawned original rap as a ‘voice’ for protest never happened - it still would have evolved on account of its being so easy. it’s in the nature of the mechanics of capitalism to find ways to market cheaply produced commodities at an extremely fast pace, and the art industries are no exception to this influence. this is why every five minutes some new rapper is on the radio. they turn em off the assembly line by the hundreds.

You associate wealth with power as well, you even would overthrow society to get a satisfying portion of it.
Everyone associates wealth with power, except yogis and other people who walk the earf like Caine in kung fu.

I would say wealth is the type of power that is required for people who aren’t like Jules in Pulp Fiction or Caine in Kung Fu. Thats real power, the power to take what you want when you want it and have people feel like its only right that you should have it. Wealth is a substitute for that.

The true sage is someone who gets what he wants.
The lesser sage is someone who decides to want what he can get.

i don’t know if she’s an idiot because she presides over small claims court, or if she presides over small claims court because she’s an idiot. in any case, in addition to having first hand experience of the incompetence and corruption of the criminal courts, i now have first have experience of the incompetence and corruption of the civil courts. i have now advanced to level 34; initiating full anarcho-mode.

perhaps i was too fast for her… maybe her tiny little negro brain was overwhelmed and she got lost when i took the stand. but my god man, i wasn’t giving the fucking gettysburg address. all i did was present to her a list of criteria used by the IRS and other appellate courts to determine whether or not someone is a sub-contractor or an employee, and the different legal obligations of the employer pertaining to each. this went right over her head. maybe that’s why she didn’t make it to criminal court… but then even those judges are generally morons too. none of this makes sense. why would she be a judge if she duddint even know the fucking laws? oh that’s right, there are no laws. okay that makes sense. i can work with that.

so i’m out almost 900 bucks and i don’t know how many hours running around between the clerk of court and fedex.

but the lies. that capitalist weasel lied so many times i couldn’t keep up with them all… and that dumb bitch ate it up. like i couldn’t get a word in. she wouldn’t let me ‘object’. the whole thing was a joke. america’s courtroom.

so anyway that’s the good news… that i lost my small claims suit for monies owed. with this comes an advance in, uh… ‘privilege’, as i like to call it. the bad news is, he won. his next court date will be set to appear in the court of promethean75, and that’s a very, very bad place to be. over this court presides a man… well it’s not even accurate to call him a man, really. more like a demigod or some shit like that. the golden hammer of justice this guy wields makes thor’s hammer look like a fisher-price toy. it’s crazy man.

rejoice, ilp, for today is a good day.

vocaroo.com/i/s1jGMIXz12ct

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=171862&p=2306543#p2306543

Faust is a beast at logic if Idaho is not tasty when it rains.

When it doesn’t rain in Idaho, and Faust is a beast at logic, some states are not tasty if it rains in one of 48 states other than Idaho.

If it rains in Idaho, and doesn’t rain in 47 states, Faust is tasty.

Faust is not tasty and it’s raining in Delaware.

How many brown haired people owned a toyota last Wednesday?

Breaking news; Trump to meet the new emperor of japan.

May the emperor’s sword be true and swift.

… and if not the sword, then at least the comb…

streamable.com/5jn29

there’s an amusing crisis being experienced right now by both young and old conservatively minded fellows regarding the meaning of the metaphors ‘masculine’ and ‘feminine’, and where it begins is at the fundamentally flawed premise that biological, social and political evolution is not a continuum, but processes that reach, and have, for relatively short duration, ‘ideal’ states which express the ‘proper’ way the species man should be and conduct himself. these conservatively minded fellows, who are part romantic sentimentalists, part intellectual handicap, compare the present age to some long gone historical age, and then judge the current model by the standards of the old model. really there is no substance to any of this, and it shows only an overly emotional reaction to changing social circumstances in which they feel very, very uncomfortable (it’s not ironic that this reaction is rather feminine by their own standards).

let me explain in a few words what could be explained in many. an analogy; if a tree dwelling monkey-like human ancestor could talk, he’d say of the upright bipedal hominids that evolved from him who fight with primitive weaponry instead of beating each other with their fists, that they were ‘feminized’, because they adopted a better and easier ESS (evolutionarily stable strategy).

now i want you to try this. pretend you’re a teenage transgalactic alien who is given a homework assignment to write a comprehensive report about what the human species’ concepts of ‘masculine’ and ‘feminine’ mean, and as a study guide you are given a record of the evolution of the human species on earth spanning a fifty thousand year period. during this period you are able to witness several major biological, social and political changes happening of/for the species. you see the ancient world where men were barbarians and warriors… and then thousands of years later you see a modern world in which men are slender, cybernetically interfaced beings who don’t curse, dressed in tight neon purple spandex with soft little hands that spend eighty percent of their time interacting with some kind of computer technology. you immediately notice how different this modern version of men are from the ancient version of men, and yet you must come up with a definition of what ‘masculine’ means. what do you do? what do you have to reference to get the ‘proper’ definition? you find that the very meaning of ‘masculine’ as it is understood by this modern version is almost unrecognizable when compared to what it meant to the older version. so what the fuck are you going to do? you can’t just forget the assignment and instead go hang out at the virtual-reality arcade with the other shadowrun crypto-punks, because you’ll get in trouble a lose seventeen credits… and you don’t want to do that.

i’ll tell you what you do, and how you get an A on this assignment. you explain how the evolutionarily change of the species, and particularly the social roles of the genders, is a process that is ecologically and ergonomically synchronized with the changes of the socio-economic structures that emerge from the material relations the species is involved in. you explain that there is no such stable definitions of ‘masculine’ and ‘feminine’, and that these are just metaphors used to describe contingent behaviors that exist for the genders during any specific period of time as the entire organism, the whole ecology of the species and environment in its symbiotic relationship, adjusts and changes to adopt better ESSs.

and for extra credit you can write an essay about how conservative males who failed to understand evolution, much less adapt to it, rationalized there erroneous notion not only by claiming there was some stage in this evolutionary process that was ‘golden’ or ‘proper’ or ‘right’, in which men were ‘real men’, but by also claiming that the forces responsible for changing the ‘real men’ into ‘feminized men’ were conspiratorial, and not just natural mechanisms functioning during this ongoing ecological interaction between human beings and their material environments.

you could explain how billy bob who could operate a tractor and throw a mean left hook was, in the period and context in which he existed, properly suited for adapting to a role that was conducive to his personal survival as well as making him a productive member of a society in which such technologies existed… just like you would explain how corellius doranium, the roman gladiator, was the same in his environment… just like you would explain how jaden #356, who works for kamatuzo incorporated building nano-hardrives and eats a block of nutritionally enhanced green gelatin for lunch everyday, was the same in his environment.

in this report you’re going to explain how the concepts of ‘masculine’ and ‘feminine’ were made up by the people who existed at each stage, and used to describe in general the kinds of roles, cultural practices, habits, behavior patterns and mannerisms (x), each of the genders were identified with at that particular time.

finally you can add a short satire in which you pretend to be one such short-sighted human who is clueless concerning the dynamics of evolution, and act terrified by the thought of x changing for the next generation of males and females … something that the overseers are engineering themselves for whatever reason. you can even pretend that they’re doing it because ‘strong males’ are a threat and need to be made manageable. lol, as if the very notion of what a ‘strong male’ was wasn’t itself just another engineered commodified identity by the forces that control the dominating socio-political narratives of the day. all you gotta do is print a few thor posters and publish a few evola essays and wah-lah… you’ve got an audience of disenfranchised males who feel like males again. fuck it, you could even totally reverse the semiotic trends and raise young males on barbie dolls and my little pony, tell them this is masculine, and presto. every bit of this is subject to constructivist forces; roles, identities, can be completely manufactured and have very, very little to do with biology. if you got kid with high testosterone levels, he’ll only exhibit more energy in playing with his barbie dolls and my little ponies… but he won’t stop playing with them, because he’s been conditioned to believe this is masculine… and he’s been conditioned to believe that he should want to be masculine.

the fact is, there are gonads and there are ovaries. this is what it means to be male and female. everything else about you, you bought somewhere, or bought into somewhere in some shit you read. in the LONG RUN, all these attributes and characteristics you define as ‘masculine’ traits - aggressiveness, apathy, competitiveness, etc. - are simply behaviors that the ones with gonads happened to have during a period in which those characteristics were contextually appropriate and successful for sustaining a contrived social role that evolved within and from the material relations in society. once those structures change, x will no longer be appropriate, and the ones with gonads will start doing other shit that now is appropriate, that now ‘works’.

now i should say that if this matter wasn’t so simple it might be more interesting… but alas, it is not. what’s interesting, as a good study of social phenomena, is how desperately some males cling to this completely imaginary problem. i imagine it’s just a kind of weberian ‘in-group’ camaraderie shared by mutually inclusive depressives… and don’t get me wrong; i love to wrestle and fart and make snide sexual comments about women and drink beer and watch 300 over and over and over and over again, but i never felt disappointed or threatened by the thought of a world of skinny, coldplay listening-to millennials growing up without a single curse word in their vocabulary and not the slightest interest in the alaskan truckers mini series on the history channel. that’s their business. couldn’t care less.

okay so say this with me. we’re going to say it a few times cuz i want to get it in there, down deep into the grey matter of your mainframe:

there is no ‘right’ way in nature, no ‘ideal’, only ‘different’ ways

again

again

there is no ‘right’ way in nature, no ‘ideal’ only ‘different’ ways

AGAIN

this is wonderful insight, but not insightful enough. euripides use of the socratic rationalism is not the beginning of a decline but rather a shift into a different kind of dialectical understanding of the tragic. you see that the rational is already present in aeschylus and sophocles; the hero, who 'struggles to make order", as well the audience who shares in the drama, must have in mind a pre-existing notion of ‘justice’ before he can be understood as unfulfilled by having failed. without this, there is no possible juxtaposition to be noticed here, and therefore no tragedy. euripides didn’t introduce the ethical through the socratic dialectic… the ethical was already there.

the apollonian/dionysian dichotomy would be resolved if it is understood that in the apollonian, there is no struggle against a moral order/disorder (which does not exist; one cannot struggle against what isn’t there), while in the dionysian, there is no ‘chaos’ (because all is perfectly ordered). the opposition of these two perceived symbols in their current forms simply doesn’t exist. instead, if they are to symbolize anything at all, they both come into the service of a single, fused, feature of the human psyche. the apollonian would serve to make intelligible the general meaninglessness and hostility of the world… the dionysian would serve to strengthen and enhance the will to embrace and make useful, this nihilism. this is tragedy in its proper form. but then if properly understood, it isn’t tragedy anymore, in fact, because there is no longer a diametric opposition between the just and the unjust. there is neither now… and there never was, to begin with.

only in the moralist does the classical opposition represented by the apollonian/dionysian exist, and in such people neither is comprehended, while both are squandered.

see the value of myth and suffering being ‘brought down’ (untergang) to knowledge is and always was a non-problem. one must already have quite a bit of knowledge to perceive oneself as suffering. it was only the complexity of the kind of suffering that was made greater through the introduction of ‘reason’. with euripides and socrates it became more faceted, more morally sophisticated, when the ethical, civil sphere expanded. a hero involved in some kind of family intrigue or espionage is suffering no more or less than the hero who gets eaten by some monster. well i mean he’s suffering less because it doesn’t hurt as much when you’re fighting with the king rather than getting eaten by a monster, sure… but the perception of injustice at the mercy of a tyrannical king is just that; a perception. there is no justice, so there is no injustice.

i hereby merge apollo and dionysus into one machine which will now stand to symbolize the ubernihilist. previously, these two brothers were fighting over nothing at all the whole time. unbelievable, and embarrassing… especially for fritz. he should’ve seen this before me.

So like if we were playing dungeons and dragons, you’d change your character alignment from ‘chaotic good’ to ‘lawful evil’, basically.

of course there are orders of ranks among the demons and spirits that inhabit the space/time continuum, but unfortunately even the lowest of those ranks aren’t easily amused enough to attend most human rituals. there are far more uninteresting and benign people using all manner of ouija boards and tarot cards and crystals and shit who don’t garner even the slightest attention from these entities, then there are the rare and unusual kind who never so much as light a stick of incense but get all kinds of attention. demons and spirits are very particular about who they meddle with, and they don’t come running the first time some average joe decides he wants to get ‘spiritual’ and starts playing with symbols and reading occult crap. i’d even go so far to say that the entire edifice of the esoteric is an inside joke played by these entities; ‘hey, let’s spread the rumor that we can be contacted and/or summoned through all this nonsense, and then sit back and watch em go. look at that guy. lol… he’s using tarot cards. he doesn’t actually think we’re paying attention to that silly shit, does he?’

the thing is, nobody can ever know they aren’t paying attention to them… and this adds to the fun for these entities. some hippy who’s been studying the occult for thirty years and thinks he’s got psychic powers and clairvoyance and ESP and whatever else… and the whole time these entities are laughing at him. and even the good spirits are cruel in this respect; they take offense at the thought that some excruciatingly uninteresting person actually believes they’d be important enough to draw their attention.

oh they’re there, sure, but they’re busy with other shit. you got to be pretty fuckin’ special to get even a first glance from them. and another thing. they couldn’t care less about ritual and ceremony, nor do ‘magical items’ or spiritual ‘tools’ work. that’s just a misunderstanding that developed out of fetishism back in the animism days. so all those numbers and symbols and graphs and crap are useless at best, and part of their inside joke, at worst. the connection to em… the ability to earn their company… depends solely on the rarity and uniqueness of your person. especially those extremely unusual experiences that take precedence over the typical experiences of most normal people. 'course everybody likes to think of themselves as ‘unique’, but these entities think differently about you. imagine just half of seven billion people who think they’re ‘spiritual’, have knowledge of spiritual beings, and believe they’re in some way personally engaged with them. these entities simply don’t have enough spare time to bother with 3.5 billion people who think they’re worthy of some spiritual significance. what they want is real action, not some dipshit who works a desk job, owns a house and goes to a yoga class every saturday. folks like this are just filler material. part of the insignificant population of this planet. no. these entities are attracted only to the fantastic and superb. and it’s not enough to be exceptional in talent alone… one has to have done wonderful or terrible things with that talent. dudes like ghandi and de sade. actually i’m not even sure about ghandi… or any of the other ‘good guys’, for that matter. there is no danger in being good, no risk. the spirits look for extraordinary courage demanded by extraordinary circumstances. and sitting in the lotus position refusing to move before a battalion of troops is not dangerous. stupid and useless, but not dangerous. pacifists that go to those lengths are already decadents and have no love for life to begin with. they’re already dead. this is not real action.

imma tell you what i’m sick of seeing anytime i go out, which i do frequently on weekends. these corny ass dude’s with their hot girlfriends who carry this air of ‘lothar must protect woman’ with them everywhere they go. i’m sitting here in panera and this chick stops in front of my table, looking for a place to sit. then from around the corner, her boyfriend makes a b-line right for her, his eyes fixed on me as he comes speed walking across the dining area. alright first things first, dipshit. don’t get mad at ME for looking twice at your ‘girlfriend’. i’ll look wherever the fuck i wanna look. second, if you think she’d be so easily wooed by me and dump you as a result, your relationship to her is trivial, anyway. so what’s the problem, then? what, you got some kind of handsome-guy radar that you keep on anytime you’re in public? uh-oh… a hot guy at six o’clock. omg is stacy looking at him?!

grow the fuck up man. she ain’t your property, and it ain’t my fault i’m thrice the man you’ll ever be. calm the fuck down and get a table. and i don’t even know why you’re worried. i’d be bored with her in two days max, anyway. here… you can have her back.

i swear to god this happens all the time. see i’d never be like this. i’d neither feel threatened by another dude, nor would i get upset if my ‘girlfriend’ found some interest in another dude. although i couldn’t imagine why 'cause i’m the shiznit… but that’s irrelevant. people own themselves and don’t owe you shit.