The Decline and Fall of the American Empire

Is this more of your conspiracy theory stuff?

Well tbh we haven’t needed war to develop technology since the 1940s. Now adays any sort of war tends to inhibit science. The twentieth century would of gone through a boom in technology regardless of the cold war as we moved into the computer age, into labs and where funding would be adversely effected by any form of unstability such as war. Which is where we are now. There is this myth that in the latter half of the twentieth century like the former half war created a drive to technology which is of course false. The computer revolution did that, the cold war was merely a sadly delusional battle of ideologies that prolonged the existence of Russian communism by at least 30 years. It’s hard to see how anyone won anything unless you think that technology is still reliant on war to make progress, if anything the opposite is now true and has been pretty much since the late 50s and early 60s. Countries that have not been at war are producing a great deal of advances in all fields, in fact more than those that are because public funding is more forthcoming. Technology now pretty much all takes place in the lab not in the field so there is no need to field test much stuff until you are at the prototype stage, and a lot of models can be effectively and realistically designed by using the supreme number crunching ability computers can do, to model complex systems like aerodynamics and protein chemistry and about a million different other things.

Incidentally the first “computer” came about as a result of the second world war (designed by a telephone engineer) and was used to break codes in Beltchley Park, like the famous engima code. That said Americans usually claim they invented the first computer, and tbh its kinda probably true, at least recognisable computer in terms of a programmable system with active memory etc. That said Babbages cog and gear number crunching system was a computer of sorts too, as was the abacus so meh.

=D>
I’ve seen many howling, cursing retreats on this board, and they’re always funny. But then your posts to me have been nothing but a scurrying repositioning, closer back to the stone you crept out underneath from.

One thing arrogant cowards have in common is that you say one thing in one post, and have completely forgotten about it the next post, so you cant be held accountable for what you say. Very convenient!

Another thing you have in common with each other is the conviction that you’re naturally better than the world, and are effortlessly able to judge everything flawlessly, without ever considering perspective, or desire, or the human will to power, or anything real.

Reality, including the history of your own posts, is inconvenient for you, stands in the way of your self-therapeutic rage. Live in the moment! Raaaah! :mrgreen:

Dont get me wrong, you’re free to curse everyone and everything you hate. I’m not against that. Passion is good! O:) :arrow_right:

I only hate the US governments actions on the world stage. And thanks I wasn’t aware I needed your permission. You can go back to pretending you are absolutely right, without actually indulging in an argument.

If you are so sure of your argument actually attack my points, don’t pretend my arguments are the same as what you said, they are not and that is disingenuous.

Like I said, you’re free to hate. I have no beef with this. I just would like you to follow through, to not keep cursing on the sidelines, but engage in reality. See how strong your convictions are when they are tested.

if you want to argue, in the sense of two people participating, why don’t you revisit our correspondence and approach it as a human, instead of as the supreme God of Judgment.

I know of probably more evils perpetrated by the US than you, but I still see the good.

I am deeper than you, because I walk in the world.

Nonsense.

A total guess on your part.

Challenge my argument not me, ad hominem is a waste of my time. Either put your money where your mouth is and dispute what I have said or shut up. Wasting your time railing at me.

I didn’t say the US was pure evil now did I cut out the straw men too, you might convince people of something.

Sounds to me the only thing you are deeper in is your own ass where you seem to be buried up to your nuts. There you go ad hominem, what does that resolve? Do you see?

:laughing:

Is this the extent of peoples arguments? Lame.

Of course Russia managed to extend communism by years by focusing peoples attention away from the deteriorating infrastructure of post Stalinist Russia, this isn’t even contentious. But then you don’t even question the non contentious stuff. Oh dear. Gorbachev the arch proponent of ending the cold war himself admits that Russia had been crippled by communism and that any longer and their country would become conspicuously undermined. He had the foresight to see this and the nouse to try to mediate a peace with Reagan.

Technology has not relied on war since the 1940s and early 50s, now it relies on funding, its research takes place in the lab and is funded mostly by public and also by private funding. These are reliant on economic factors, war particularly is damaging to the public sectors ability to fund research. It no longer takes place in the hanger or on the battle field and hasn’t done since the computer revolution. This is a fact, live with it.

If this is all you have then I suggest you keep your half baked opinions to yourself quite frankly.

Yep. That’s the extent of it.

You’ve countered all the points I raised. That last post was about as relevant as a post could get to the one it was referencing.

Staying in line with my life experiences and tendancy to loathe my own species for it’s self-important, control-freak attitude, I have no opinion about the “fall” of my country of origin. If it ever happens, I probably won’t live to see it, and if I do, as I’ll be joining the military soon, I won’t care. I just hope I can take part in the eradication of all human life when I die. A hypothetical “reset button” for the process of evolution. If human beings ever begin colonizing other planets, it will be the worst possible outcome for all parties involved. Homo Sapiens will be a cosmic parasite, sucking the life out of everything they touch, with little to no regard for who or what they affect. It’s human nature, and it’s disgusting. I can only hope that among the trillions of trillions of planets in the universe, at least one is home to truly intelligent life.

Keep in mind, while you or I may not share these qualities with our brethren, history dictates that it will take millions of years of evolutionary change to remove these tendancies from our DNA. By then we’ll have fucked up so much of this dimension it won’t matter.

Species go extinct all the time, pray that we’re next.

My apologies for the mostly off-topic post, but this is where my mind wandered after reading half of this discussion and getting a headache from all the petty bickering.

Welcome, Exdividual. You’ll love this place and fit in very nicely. It’s full of cynical people loaded with negativity.

Bring your half-empty glass and enjoy!

Cynicism, the spice of life!

Thank you for the welcome.

Yeah. Right.

You’ve said that the US is a bunch of evil morons without any standards, and that they are not a superpower, but in the meantime commit evil all over the world.

Since these are purely subjective terms, I cannot dispute them. It’s just like your opinion man :wink:

I think you misunderstand the concept, Calrid -
Saying I am deeper than you is just an explanation of my perspective. You see only the surface, not into the human heart. In the heart is where contradictions lie. It seems to me like you can’t handle those.
Im not saying its easy for me, or that I’m always right, but I fight.

Straw man. Come on dude at least try. Stop saying stupid things. Indulge in my arguments, not in ad homs. This is pointless.

I didn’t say they were not a superpower, I never said they were evil, I said their government are chimps and were for the most part in the 20th century wasting their golden age, because they couldn’t get over themselves. Come on try at least.

Yes you are all knowing and wise, but prove it by actually saying something other than trite ad homs. Attack my argument not me. this is pretty simple, if you can’t fine. But don’t bore me with how evil I am. It’s pointless.

Yes I am Satan^100000 I am the greatest evil alive, I rob tombs eat babies and will kill you without a moments concern. Now we have established that how 'bout you tackle the actually meat of the argument?

What arguments?

You’re entitled to your opinion and just as entitled to change it every two posts.
I think that the only chimp was GW Bush. Let’s not try to logically argue for the validity of a metaphor, through, we might end up looking like Wittgenstein.

I see neither an argument nor any evil in your words.

Lol. But again, what argument? Don’t you mean statement?

I haven’t changed my argument one iota. I think the US wasted its golden age indulging in conflicts whose major ones almost all lead to defeat or stalemate and a vast expenditure of resources that ultimately did more harm than good. I’m not saying all the presidents were bad, just most of them. That is my contention. You can either challenge it or you can stfu and stop making yourself look like a fool with this philosophical wankery.

This is the extent of your argument? You merely contend that my opinion is wrong because you say so, then go on to make more fallacious [size=150]statements[/size] and ad homs, my arguments have already been presented, so either you are an idiot or you are deliberately acting like a moron for effect.

This quite honestly pretty dire. Challenge the argument or don’t but wanking about and name dropping Wiggtenstein is just making you look like you can’t.

Deep breaths, gentlemen.

Its great stuff.

quebecorgone.com
orgonisenederland.nl
blackcoffeeandsunshine.nl
orgoniseafrica.com
ethericwarriors.com

Basically, busting clouds with some more Austro-Hungarian-American wizardry.

Lol. They don’t call it the heart of Europe for nothing.

For real though.

Did you allow your chauvinistic gut to acquire some of the stuff yourself? It helps with drinking. (hahaha)