My best guesses on a couple potential sock puppets...

There is a strong case to me made that nuclear weaponry has decreased wars in the world as superpowers can’t afford to go to war with each other anymore.

Yeah, you can make that case except for people who just want to blow the whole thing up. Which there are tons of. Now we’re looking at taking weapons to space… sigh

Uccisore was conservative, iambigious is liberal lefty - with all the provisos around objectivism tacked on.

Leonardo.

God bless the USA.

Plus all these violent stars which are all nuclear explosion too.

Actually, uccisore is an objectivist. In a God world to boot. And it is that which I kept bringing to his attention. And it is that which tended to provoke him into reacting to me as so many objectivists eventually do: what if Biggy is right?! :astonished:

What if “I” am attracted to Don Trump [as he clearly was] as but the embodiment of this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296

What if my precious values really are by and large just existential constructions, deconstructions and reconstructions in a world awash in contingency, chance and change? What of my precious “I” then?

Thus my own “liberal-lefty” values are seen by me to be just a set of political prejudices derived existentially from the life that I lived. As encompassed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

Ever and always subject to change given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge, ideas.

On the other hand, at least uccisore wasn’t one of those godawful Kids here!! :wink:

Yup, no ‘actually’ needed, he had no provisos regarding his moral and political stances.

[/quote]
Could you link to him reacting that way?

No way in hell I am going to expend time wading through my exchanges with him in order to demonstrate that. If you choose to not believe me, fine.

Besides, it’s only a matter of time before you are reacting the same. :wink:

You just made up stuff about yourself and another person.

[/quote]
What if Biggy is right about objectivism? I’ve not believed in objective morals since I was a teenager/early twenties. That belief dissipated in that period. I suppose at some point you’ll take credit for that.

You’re a liar.

Dear Threadmates: Here Iambiguous lies about an ILP member not present to call him on it.

This self-congratulatory ‘I won’ behavior is precisely like the Know Thyself kids behavior they learned from the master.

No, I am noting that in the past I have had exchanges with uccisore [and other objectivists here] in which I made a distinction between disagreeing about one or another political value judgment, and exploring the extent to which any particular value judgment is or is not a reflection of that which I construe to be an objectivists point of view. But that I am not going to take the time to go back through all of those exchanges to demonstrate that. I have other more pressing things I prefer to invest the time I have left in. So, you accuse me of “making stuff up” then.

Fine, believe that if you wish.

Huh?

I have no idea of what you are accusing me of here. I’ve only ever been interested in exploring how, given that we both describe ourselves as pragmatists, your understanding of it is different from mine.

As this pertains to a particular context in which conflicting goods rear their [at times] ugly heads.

And the further it seems [to me] that you are obsessed with making me the issue instead the further convinced I am that it is only a matter of time before your own particular “I” is wobbling all the more. :-k

Hell, I’ve been dealing with reactions like yours now for years and years. I’ve got to extrapolate some conclusions from it.

Well, of course you did. I wouldn’t contest that for a second. I am contesting you’re saying you made him afraid you were right or whateve it was you asserted about his emotional reactions and I think you might have said you drove him away. That’s what I was calling a lie.

I did go back and look and it didn’t look like it to me. I also had private communication with him back then and it does not fit with what he said to me. I am working with that. Could I be wrong? yes. But obviously I doubt it. I don’t think you have evidence about his internal states or his motivations for leaving. And you seem to lie here even about yourself and your motives.

I don’t think you are an honest person.

Now it’s predictive mind reading. Your nihilism doesn’t seem to affect your own psychic claims.

I am sure a number of people have found your disingenousness and narcissism elicited a wide range of reactions. And you interpreted this in ways that were ego-syntonic.

Satyr does exactly the same thing. It’s a central KT kids inheritance. Self-congratulatory assessments. And it’s so facile online.

All I can do here is to extrapolate from the many, many, many experiences I have had on online with objectivists going back nearly 20 years now. No, I can’t prove beyond all doubt that I “drove him away”. I can only suspect that, based on those past experiences, my argument might have perturbed him enough to move on.

Okay, note that in detail for us. If it appears that you are in fact closer to the whole truth here than that which revolves around my suspicions, I will gladly concede.

Then [of course] it’s back to this:

It’s all about me being a pathetic liar. Not only that, but I never, ever really intend here to tell the truth.

I can only allow others to judge for themselves what this tells us about you. And about me.

Iambiguous,

In this post, you certainly paint yourself as the victim, which you do probably every 7 posts or so.

So, when a hardcore objectivist like me comes along, and gives you proofs to get out of your hole, you post winks, lols, and dancing bananas.

I can’t remember which personality disorder that is, creating problems and going into denial when people offer actual solutions, for attention.

That’s actually a mix of borderline and histrionic.

What’s abundantly clear to everyone here is your narcissism, that because you are in your hole, everyone must be.

I saw psychopathy as well, when you decided Karpel tunnel was your little toy to play with, your little nothing shit puppet.

Basically, iambiguous, you’re really fucked in the head.

The way this is most obviously demonstrated, is that you are a “do what I what I want you to say, and not what I demonstrate through my actions as the opposite of what I say”

That’s the mind of a dictator.

Iambiguous-
Same old stuff. I am going to cut off the lines we have gotten into since I keep meeting the same patterns. So, reset from zero. We will meet again in new spots and from here on out I will use the shorthand set out below. Should you actually respond and appear to have read what I wrote, I will then respond normally. Otherwise… shorthand
SAOAR: Shifting away onus and responsibility.
NIST: Narcissistic Illogical Shift of Topic. Treating something as a failed solution to your core problems and/or bringing up your core topic as if it is a response when it is a change of topic.
RR: Redundant Request. That is requests for things already done which led nowhere.
SCMR: Self-congratulatory mind reading claims

Iambiguous, for the first time in his life is being dissected philosophically and linguistically by people who actually don’t live in a shallow world of words like he does, and people who actually bring it down to earth like he doesn’t.

It’ll be interesting to me if he can endure another 3 rounds of reality from me in the current debate.

Okay, it’s settled then. We move on to others.

Iambuggingyous lives by the motto: there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Internet credits is what he goes for. People need to be talking about him, to him, and his threads need to be always in plain sight. A Troll. The best method for a troll is to not actually read posts and respond knowingly with inaccurate interpretations - this gives guarantee of the most irritation and thus the most responses.
If he would seriously address anyones point, that person would feel a sense of satisfaction and might not reply.

The world is will to power, dudelings. See that and the bugger is as transparent as Ethiopians in the 80s.

Okay, note the point you think KT was making that I was most egregious in not addressing.

Or, make a new point yourself. I’ll respond to it and you can point out in greater detail how I failed to address it. How instead my posts here are more in the way of what one would expect from a troll.

As opposed to, say, a Kid.

Unless, of course, I an not understanding your point here. You know, if there is one. :wink: