Supreme Value

What does the word faith mean to you?

How does one acquire self-worth?

Would you majorly risk or shorten your life and ruin your health to explore logic?

What does it mean for something to have objective value?
And why’s existing the supreme or only objective value?

When I think of nouns that have worth, I think of the word value, when I think of verbs or behaviors that have worth, I think of the word virtue.
Why is forgiveness such an important virtue?

I’d say by having and exercising our integrity… not doing so would be demoralising, and would turn adults into children, for being at the whim of others.

Say something… or say nothing… but never bend to the whims and wills of others.

So the supreme value is self-worth, and self-worth comes from integrity (having and exercising strong moral principles), interesting.
What’re some of your moral principles?

It allows a person to evolve and not be stuck in the past.

Do you think all humans are very wicked, and so in need of much forgiveness from each other?

More like selfish or misguided by the choices they make which leads to frustration, hurt, and anger. It seems you have to forgive yourself before you can forgive another.

For me it’s the opposite, I have to forgive others before I can forgive myself.
How can I be lenient with myself, and hold others to a much higher standard?
That wouldn’t be right.

Forgiving others is just for show, hollow, until you can forgive yourself. You can’t forgive yourself until you stop projecting.

That may work for you, but it doesn’t work for me, for reasons given.

…although I hold myself up to very high scrutiny, I do not of others… that is up to them to do or not do, as I am not here for that, that of interfering in others’ lives, as mine runs parallel with rather than juxtaposed to, theirs’.

I simply live a moral life, as opposed to living one under separate moral principles, as my nature always seems to have been geared towards a wholly moral one… though a tendency to be cheeky can sometimes lead me to exercise that whim, which can be very testing for my moral code of conduct :laughing: and in those instances I will quickly rein myself in, so as not to infringe on another too much, as a little of my un-reined self goes a long way. :blush:

While I’m not hyper-moral, if you will, I’m not amoral either.
Not every human behavior needs to or can be moralized, and we all need to cut ourselves and others some slack.
Rather than accept the morals of my society, I’ve developed and continue to develop a morality that works for me, that makes sense to me, and isn’t mostly or muchly contrary to my natural inclinations, so I don’t have to strive all the time.
I’d rather be comfortable, and I’d rather others be comfortable too.

Does the most valuable thing in life always remain the same for us? Is it fixed in time for us or can it sometimes change depending on our life experience in the present moment (not this particular present moment), depending on human “historical” history (redundant?)in the present moment?

We change, our value systems change.

But one thing I will say is the below words by William james - it might just be this:

“The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.”

― William James

One is born with it, but as soon as one loses it, the meaning to life is lost and thus also the capacity to maintain it.

On a spiritual level these are spiritual values, on a physical level, physical values - you don’t want to lose the capacity to value physical things. It means one would cease to eat, drink and even breathe.

I cut others slack, but not myself… the one thing that can never be undone is a dented reputation… not even the slightest dent can be truly repaired.

What sociotel morals have you shunned, in favour of your own?

I once was talking to someone who had seen my very old videos from years back that I’ve since taken offline.

He was saying to me that I thought I had all the answers back then, and now I admit that I was wrong, so how can I know that I’m right at this point.

I said… well sometimes you need to make massive mistakes to have massive successes.

To which he replied: that’s a contradiction

To which I replied: thats not a contradiction, that’s called the scientific method

By what we know, vaguely, as ethics.

Bravery, discernment, wholeheartedness, insight into structures, a lot of things together, hard to keep together, thats the art of living.

I can tell you it translates into a calm form of happiness, steadfast desire to proceed.