Im gonna smoke some weed now

Oh great, Jesus is here. Like I was saying elsewhere, these are the people who prefer to live (merely exist, really) paralyzed in a limbo. What value does their life have? People who don’t want to suffer and yet also don’t want to die, so they look for that sweet spot between the rock and a hard place. Historically (and even today in certain places of the world) they are called slaves, and descendants of slaves who choose to continue their lifestyle.

Are you trying to defend drug users? I don’t know how you can perceive self-debasement as a superior alternative to externally opposed one.
Why wouldn’t a slave blame his existence as a slave on someone else in order to justify his own slavery? Do we not pass on our debts and credits onto our children?

. The sins of fathers (and forefathers).

. That’s gibberish used to console the lost and the unfortunate.

I was a philosophy person all my life, and smoked all through the sixties and existentialism was part and parcel. Now with many hung up seriously among some of my families and their kids, I find it difficult to find the time. But now me that its legal here, I am considering it, now that my job doesent terrorize with random testing. Having issues, always had and the acid trip was awful and it has even to this day reacts to grass. But thinking on resuming whenever my life dips in interest or motivation.
I gotta find the right mix, kush no, but other strains that will not trigger past bad trips are ok.

All of my trips flow time backwards which is not too bad, unless I land in the middle ages. And that trip for me has a very special time place which can be melted from its frozen place.

One does not have to be Jesus to recognize the plight of others and have a measure of compassion.

What value their life has for them is ultimately their business and perhaps the business of those who try to help them. An excerpt from Mr. Horde:

“…a year of hard emotional work with other people and this is what takes me to where I am now.”

Do you know enough about his, “hard emotional work”, to dismiss its value and label it a self-debasement? Have you yourself ever had to do such work and if you found some relief in any measure would you give a gnat’s ass as to the criticisms from others?

Is self-debasement preferable to the external debasement of arrest and imprisonment? Well, the former at least gives one the freedom to change. The latter takes freedom and the possibility of change and replaces it with oppression. Besides, I think most people who read my response to Mr. Horde will see it as more than just, “Hey Dude, Bang a Bong!”

No big deal, metaphysical possibilities have always been a part of the warp and weft of philosophical discussions. But more to the point in this instance, it’s no more gibberish than:

In a court of law that would be the equivalent of, ‘The devil made me do it’.

Compassion can be a weapon too, and is often used as such. Do you pity yourself, too?

Your arguments revolve around promoting self-pity, compassion (another form of self-pity), and ultimately, dependency. Yes, it is a transaction between beggars and so called charity givers, but it’s still a business transaction, and of the same type of currency.

For such people, the latter serves as an easier excuse to stay in their comfort zone of being innocent victims of external events.

Yes, that’s what the future Muslims jihadists who will be terrorizing your children and grandchildren will be saying too.

Mr Ivers - not everyone wants to do emotional work. Pandora isn’t really that type.

People who don’t like emotions, don’t think there is truth to be found in them, generally scorn weed. Because weed forced you to experience your emotional reality.

The condemnation of the drug is done in the same spirit as islamic or any autistic patriarchy, all kinds of brittle boned oppression. Suppression of nature. Its not respectable. A less respectable side of the otherwise admirable Pandora, one that is somewhat telling.

Marijuana is widely known to have all kinds of physical and psychological benefits. It is impossible to take Pandoras ranting and raving as anything but a symptom of some deep problem. She should definitely not use weed - people like her tend to jump out of windows when they do.

And thats not good.

If we categorize weed-hate across religions, it is mostly the compulsive patriarchies that have a problem with it.
I think this has to do with the inability to convince people who smoke weed using mere rhetorics. You need to show such a person evidence. This makes people a bit “slower on the uptake” - less fit for drill sergeants to work on.

One does not need drugs in order to ‘experience’ their emotional reality. That’s like men turning gay in order to get in touch with their inner woman and calling it a courageous act of inner exploration.

Because drugs ARE the deep problem solvers! Take the drug —> all problems are gone!
Voila!

youtu.be/VnwFmaLiKl4

Hahahaha.

[b]"Compassion can be a weapon too, and is often used as such. Do you pity yourself, too?[/b] _Pandora

No, that’s more your projection and usually from someone who conflates elements which for some reason or another they can’t handle separately. Did someone ever use compassion as a weapon on you?

If I really pitied myself I wouldn’t even bother being in this discussion. I’d be shooting up Heroin and reading, 'Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?"
Thankfully, for myself it’s more like decaffeinated green tea and reading, “Horton Hears A Who!”

[b]“Your arguments revolve around promoting self-pity, compassion (another form of self-pity), and ultimately, dependency.”[/b]

Seems like a neat little package you got there, but it’s a self-serving one. Very few things in life are as simple as wash-rinse-repeat.

Anyone who has really read my initial response to Mr. Horde will note that if I promoted anything it was information about the manufactured higher levels of THC through hybridization and the consequences of that in the increase of cases involving withdrawal symptoms. And along with that the matter of personal information and issues about dispensary/government use of information. If I promoted anything to Mr Horde it was caution, but he seems more than able to recognize such and so it’s simply another talking point in the discussion.

[b]“For such people, the latter serves as an easier excuse to stay in their comfort zone of being innocent victims of external events.” [/b]

Too bad you weren’t around to counsel someone like Richard Phillips about comfort zones.

[b]“Yes, that’s what the future Muslims jihadists who will be terrorizing your children and grandchildren will be saying too.”[/b]

Be so kind as to explain to me the connection between the horrible injustice of caging innocent children and Muslim jihadists. Or would that be too much of a personal exposition?

Mr. Horde

In general . . .

After 20 years plus of participation in forums and making and administering some, it doesn’t take too many declarations from the other debater to know whether it’s a productive endeavor or just cat-and-laser-beam entertainment.

Time itself will let Pandora know just how many shades of gray there a lot more effectively than you, me, or anyone else.

Cheers

Hahah, hes right. Why don’t they take off from the ground.

Truffully I think theres two people who use drugs. People who can’t handle it and people who can handle it.

When my friend tried it she was instantly banging her head into the window to jump out or whatever. It really messed her up. When I tried it I was like - yo, this is pretty funny, lets write some stories and make some films and hang out at the beach and see if we can score any mermaids. Different attitudes for different people bring different results.

Yes mr Ivers, we are under the same impression. I have no hopes or desires to civilize Pandora before drugs. I know her as a poster who, when in her element, is highly valid and above average in her capacity to produce worthy content in a post. I also know her obsession with drugs is as old as her presence on the forums and is never going to change. Who fucking cares, right? I do thank you for your gallant treatment of everyone involved, it quickly raised the spirit of the thread and it remains in good quality.

It’s just a matter of responsibility man. Some aren’t responsible and fall into its traps, some are responsible and educated and do not fall in the traps but instead understand it is a tool to be used for great purpose.

Yeah it is great for creativity. I was thinking of comedy skits last time lol. Yeah a lot of people are ignorant and so it shows even more, when they take drugs. I focused on understanding it and was slapped hard. Big sacrifice of myself for an understanding.

Artimas

If the details are not too personal, what do you mean by, “Big sacrifice of myself for an understanding.”

For my psyche a rule of thumb came naturally that was: if it feels too good, leave it.

So I only did MDMA and xtc about three times, because it is obviously coming at a yuge cost. Mushrooms I did quite a few times until it turned around on me and made me want to contemplate the most commonplace things, kind of separating itself from me. LSD Ive done three times, cocaine also, never obviously Im doing heroin, once did opium because it was in painkillers, that really showed me how opium can take over your life very easily. So I only smoke weed, simply because it opens up a vast part of my psyche that simply isn’t there in people who don’t smoke pot. Its just the case. Its a place where I evolve just as the sober place is a place where I evolve. I alternate. Im like an alternating current.

Oh yeah and Ayahuasca I did once. That was super soothing and it just said to me, go home, (someone) needs you, work your theory, it is the bomb, you understand what you need to understand. Then it cleared out my bowels and that was that.

Except, not. I drank some whiskeys a few days later, and its triggered the ayahuasca and I attacked a guard and nearly got thrown in jail, which would have sucked since it was in Brazil.

I had taken xtc with my cousin after I had broke up with a girl Id been with for some years and then a week later I did it again, and then the day after I was talking to him sitting outside a cafe and telling a story, and he said, yeah, you told me this yesterday.

I said fuckin hell I don’t remember that. He said, well yeah memory loss is a part of xtc. I felt supremely disgusting and wondered what in the hell else I wasn’t remembering.
See Im turning into Pandora. Drugs r bad. Mostly. But weed isn’t really a drug. Not if you don’t get the 20 percent THC stuff but nice kush which is heavy on the CBD. I used to be a sativa fiend. That was really a bit unhealthy.

I think the joke’s on you, Artimas.

You are the one brought up the topic of compassion into this discussion, by pointing out to government separating parents from children. This was done in the context of drug use discussion, and debasement.

Because “good” people refuse to see reality as it is. And that boils down to self-pity.

Good for you. Let the world know.

You also pointed out government actions on parents and children as a form of debasement. You called the former “a real debasement” and such observation a form of compassion. You emotion-laden straw man argument amounted to an excuse that someone would use in order to do drugs, and a compassion as a possible justification. You are excusing drugs, or use of drugs, by pointing that the “real” problem may not lie in drugs. Yes, there may be external instigators of drug use, but in my book, that does not excuse the drug user, nor justify its use, whether under umbrella of compassion or not. A compassion-induced self-debasement is still self-debasement.

You wrote,

Good for you. Do you now want a medal for that?

I don’t plan on making excuses, like you are.

Well history and evolution shows you’re wrong.