Pedro's Corner

Damn, no, I can’t stop here. If I stop here I’m trapped in an abyss of abstract metaphysics.

2 straight hours of Deleuze it is.

Got a glass of milk, the lights are off.

There’s bunt cake in the cupboard if needed.

Ooooh fuck, it WAS my stamina. Daaaamn. Fu-cking Deleuze.

We’re gonna go through this like cows, gentlemen. Four stomachs, lotsa chewing.

What did these French dudes do? Prove how the first half of the 20th century was irrelevant.

Just post-platonic anaphilactic shock.

Shit on my fucking face.

I can’t do this.

I gotta go to work tomorrow ffs.

But at least I walk away for now knowing that Deleuze is on his shit.

Lol, see? Pivot points. The plieeeege.

Continuity, Deleuze was also talking about continuity. The unfolding of the labyrinth. but see? How can you let mathematics in here? Predetermination, neh? However irrational. But no, it’s not pivot commands, or even predictions of movement. It’s pivot POINTS. Deleuze was even talking about how you can choose your own point at an intervening place.

It’s interesting. There is also a duality, there are two labyrinths: of matter and of the soul-ah. so the soul labyrinth… Well he hasn’t gone there yet, but presumably the soul series works off the pivot points of the matter series. That kinda works too. But there is something missing here. Will. the thing that pivots. Fuck. Am I gonna sit down here again and keep listening to Deleuze? I guess I am. Maybe I gotta remember: it’s not about the series, it’s about the fold.

But yeah, so far that’s the difference I see. Deleuze is simply describing the genealogical progression. No mention yet of the toolbox that I mentioned. I guess in the end it’s inconsequencial. The only pivots that will happen, the only expressions of will that transcend, will occur at the pivot points. The inflection points.

Yeah, that’s good enough. That’s good enough. Let’s keep listening then, shall we? The irrational numbers aren’t an insult, they are a compliment.

Also worht remembering, deleuze is a gentleman. there is no universality here, it is all strictly within the genealogical study of the transcendence of the baroque.

Ah… The inclusion. Infinite pliege is because it is included in. It is inside something. the line. hmm… That is the ultimate goal of the folded line. the sandbox? Let’s see.

“Je ne sais pas encore ou la line plie a l’infinite est incluse…”

Aha…

then he shrugs. Let’s see what he says.

:open_mouth:

The question is from the inflection to the inclusion by means of the infinite series.

As an example, he gives: the predicate is included by the subject.

This… holy fuck let’s keep listning.

“Has crossed the Rubicon” is contained by “Cesar.”

The fold IS the fucking sandbox.

Holy fuck.

And the fold occurs in infinite progression by irrational numbers as the inflection points with which one plays, in the sandbox.

Mind blown yet?

It’s hopeless, I gotta sleep. See you all next time.

Goddamnit, this Deleuze is blowing my mind.

This is like reading advanced warfare tactics.

Ok, he now legitimately brought forth a point I hadn’t thought of.

The pivot points. Ok. The inflection points. alright. But now, the point of view from the concavity. The center region described by drawing perpendicular lines along the line of the curve.

I don’t even know what this means yet. Like I said, I legitimately hadn’t thought of it. Usually, when an unkown like this comes along, it is almost certain to be disappointing once it is revelaed. “Oh, he meant THAT…” But that’s why we love Deleuze.

Jeepers creepers home boy.

RIGHT! tHE INCLUSION FROM THE INFLECTION, THE POINT OF VIEW!

Holy goddamn shit. The matter, the stuff. That which is contained in the fold. Rather, we were looking for what cointains the curve. But don’t you see? That IS what contains the curve. The stuff, the matter.

Ah, this fucking genious.

You play WITH the thing that plays with. Infinite series of irregular folding.

Yes. This is good.

Nietzsche smiles.