Is existence enough?

All my life I’ve been a slacker.
Didn’t graduate high school.
Lived off my parents for several years afterwards back when they had some money.
Took menial jobs (cashier, cleaner, etcetera).
Didn’t work as hard as I could.
Had my first girlfriend at 30.

I’m between 20 and 30000$ in debt.
Didn’t get my driver’s license till recently.

Well yeah, I don’t know how it is down there in the US or wherever you are, but getting a licence here in Canada is like hunting a Mammuth. You gotta go to school for a year. And drop 2 grand. To drive a fucking car.

They don’t even pretend. They openly admit it’s to make it hard and annoying so because the planet.

Soon enough, we’ll need to file for permission to get a plumber.

But now that you have it, maybe drive a cab for a while. The soul breathes and the money ain’t terrible.

Some people pay good money for cross country drives.

Shit I’d do if I had a licence.

I keep asking, where can you buy one? People look at me all confused. It’s hopeless.

all you, gloom. you’ll love it. there’s no continuity of plot… just random interactions between disconnected people. one of my favorite b-movies. philosophical too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-U_I1DCGEY[/youtube]

That sounds like it could be a worthwhile mental exercise.

I think I want a little more out of life, but I’m not willing to work my butt off for it.

That’s how I’ve felt most of my life, half present, and half absent.

Interesting thoughts.

I think life is meant to be lived contemplatively, peacefully, harmoniously, temperately and tranquilly in acceptance, but like Karpel said, there’s no single answer to this question.

I live up in Canada, and yea, modern life is annoying, they make you jump through all these hoops.

Well, if it’s good for the planet, than it’s good I suppose.
We need to leave room for nature.

Yea I’m going to look into driving jobs soon, right now I’m a groundskeeper/janitor.
I don’t think cab driver is for me, unless it’s in the day time, because I don’t want to deal with drunks and junkies (perhaps a courier).
I don’t want to be a security guard either, I don’t like conflict, confrontation or enforcement, it’s nowhere near worth the pay.

Yea, having a license and a car opens up a lot of doors.

That’s totally fucking me, thanks for that.

Courier is fun too. Delivery guy even. There’s also plenty of cabbies that work the day time. Airport rides and such. For a contemplative man, there is more than one gratifying conversation to be had.

this is great.

I always forget I can consider that as a contingency plan. Seems very enjoyable.

Existence without inspiration is simply killing time on the clock.

It’s good to have balance I think, it’s good to be inspired, driven, but it’s also good to relax, take it easy, enjoy the simple things, not overreach.

Well I didn’t say anything about being driven, simply inspired by whatever or to do whatever, otherwise your biding your time until death going through the motions of living without anything to really make mention of. Perhaps inspiration and appreciation are somehow tied together, a mixture of what makes life feel great, but being a ghost in your own life blows.