favourite novels

Never expected the book to be better than the movie in this case but it’s actually possible… Heart of Darkness is the most hilarious thing I read since Trumps tweets. Though I can’t really say it’s better than Apocalypse Now, it’s fucking funny, like Celine 's journey to the end of the night.

In general I love seafarers accounts.

The Hobbit, because of adventure, open endedness, freelance discovery, and boundless explorations. Diving into those terrains of myth and magic resurrected the apex of craziness for me, blowing up the balloon, celebrating at elven parties, and digging up the treasures of lost kingdoms.

thats a pretty Dionysian reading, I want to read it now. I never got through it as a Childe. Because my taste for ring myths had been shaped already by the Tonke Dragt epos that will soon be released on Netflix.

1307culbriefkoningg.jpg
I always wanted to film that. In the end someone with not quite the refined taste I had wanted to put into it got the job and… well I was personally horrified and professionally gratified that it was what I expected it to be, which is an insult to the book. Im glad some American filmmakers will give it a go.
im sure it’ll be entertaining. I hope it will be mythically epic. Because the books are the best myth out there for who doesn’t like fantasy. Its all humans, though some have evolved to be properly different. But it is about the evil between two brothers. The writer also drew the art. She is Indonesian Dutch, and makes the cleanest, most lucid and harmonious writing in our language.

One good book to read is Pulp by Bukowski. It captures everything about Lost Angeles that you know must be behind some door.
And another is Legend of a Suicide. Because it really is a literary fucking suicide if Ive ever tasted fish. By David Vann, the book is. Its how I learned to love Alaska like dr Kubrik learned to love the Bomb.