Thoughts, Observations and Questions.

Idk man, but my opinion is whatever is making you so smart (doors of perception) is making it happen. That dude was annoyingly flippin out about bin laden before anyone knew who he was, called the 03/2003 stock market bottom the day it happened, and generally just too perceptive for his own damn good. If a hawk flew over, it meant something. Something was said, the wind would blow, and it would mean something. He prayed that I’d find a job, I rolled my eyes like whateva man, the next morning the phone was ringing and ringing waking me up and some guy was offering me a job. Mom used to say that people could see god in me, but I don’t think it’s god, but light nonetheless where light = understanding. You’re privy to too much and it’s drawing the bugs in. A vortex for troubled souls.

… and what this means is that all the possible questions and inquiries a species such as ours with its particular language and sensory apparatus (both structured by concrete neurological processes and components), have already been asked/made. no new philosophical questions can evolve unless there is a substantial change in our physiology, the environment we are in, or both. so while philosophers are babbling on about old questions and problems - which are usually linguistic problems rather than conceptual problems - the gradual change that might/can take place with our species and environment is being monitored by science. the question, to the extent that another philosophical question can be posed, is this; what should be the goals of science now that with it, we are able to control and manipulate not only our species, but our environments as well. we need a scientific ethics… and i think that is possible. but to do this we need to be clear about what we can do with science, or what should be of scientific interest. i think this answer is obvious. increasing human longevity, species mobility (space colonization), genome enhancement, education, cleaner energy sources, eco-preservation, eradication of various diseases, sexier women, etc. a general enhancement of the length, quality and space of/for life. incidentally the greatest obstacle to a serious and sustained effort to begin these projects is global capitalism… because it opens up and leaves these project forces subject to randomly and whimsically selected forms of market organization.

example: by now the world could be driving electric cars, but they aren’t, because private investors are not interested in, or motivated by, the advantages of cleaner energy sources. they are motivated by profit, and if there is an already vibrant market for gasoline powered motor vehicles on earth, they’d continue to invest in that market.

we cannot rely on global capitalism to respond to the stimulus to innovate at the fastest and most efficient rate possible… which should be, in our century, the guiding principle for the development of technology and industry.

so we have a system in which not only are the capitalist functionaries unecessary in the modes of production and distribution, but are also incredibly slow at responding to the scientific projects and tasks mentioned above.

any time you have an important technology that is perfectly able to be mass produced at a point in time, but is not, you can bet your ass that it’s the usual suspects to blame; the private industry owners.

well, the world will no longer tolerate stalling the improvement of man because some new industry that could do it, might or might not put money in some shmuck’s pocket. that’s 20th century nonsense. dinosaur economics.

these premises are very basic and simple enough. no need for ‘philosophy’ here… and anyone who would object to doing it this way would HAVE TO BE a capitalist… or some moron still under the spell of capitalism (thanks to philosophy; long story, that).

we are entering the age in which a lot of fat and gristle is going to be cut off of the giant cheeseburger we are about to start eating, called ‘world economics’, and the improvement of man will begin in rapid progression, following shortly thereafter.

meanwhile the philosophers can continue twiddling their thumbs and asking profound metaphysical questions as they’ve always done. it’s okay. they’re not in the way anymore. this train can’t be stopped.

a philosopher takes a bong hit and asks one of those incredibly deep and important questions:

rosa confiscates the bong and goes to work on em in good wittgensteinean fashion:

vocaroo.com/i/s1doIgIBuzMK

I have begun the indoctrination of the Mexican proletariat, and with a little patience, I’ll transform Alvin from a residential painter into a revolutionary cadre and guerrilla soldier.

Batteries of electrical cars are still charged using fossil fuels, not to mention the environmental cost of their production.

Thats just one of the threads hanging loose from these green panties you’re wearing.

Obviously you’re never going to drive an electrical vehicle, as you have to charge them at registered places. They can drive at most 300 miles before you have to charge them for another few hours.

Obviously hydrogen will be the thing for freight on the road, batteries for large vehicles are far too heavy. Besides this, batteries will only become green when they’re powered without fossil fuels, i.e. with nuclear power.

Its really hard to think, is it not. Typing shit in google is so much easier, right?

On your general premise here, in fact philosophy had not resolved a single thing until Nietzsche came around. And what N resolved was only the beginning. Look at physics. If you know anything about that. There is no end to the unresolved questions.

quora.com/What-did-Karl-Mar … chtenstein

If it took a chicken and a half a day and a half to lay an egg and a half, how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to read Heidegger’s Being and Time?

Probably not as long as it took me to try to grasp what you were trying to say with those “and a half” phrases.

I was tempted to ask you how long it took You ~ lol ~ but I will not. You will have to forgive me. I seem to be in a funny mood at this moment.

“Should I delete this?” :-k she asks herself. No, I will be brave and let it stand.
8-[

Anyway, that would surely depend on just how busy that monkey was and if he liked to walked while he read. Remember, that wooden leg would surely slow him down.

This just in: 19 undocumented Mexicans and other foreigners worked for a/the trump organization.

Moral of the story: campaign against illegal immigrants UNLESS you’re a capitalist who can exploit them for cheap labor on the down low.

this just in: trump says, and i quote; ‘the president of puerto rico is corrupt’.

for once he’s told the truth… but by accident.

Holy shit dude. Aren’t you embarrassed? Is this a serious argument?

No, i am a narcissist. I’m never embarrased.

Sounds like the first line for a potential rap song. :sunglasses:

I know, right? It’s not the rappers fault though… this undeserved and unearned sense of greatness. It’s more of a cultural paradigm thing that started once capitalism took hold of the music industries and reduced everything to simple formula and mediocrity. Add this to the association of wealth with power, and you get a bunch of invalids who feel extraordinary because of the money they’ve made being a part of its (hip hop) production.

Promethean

If you haven’t read it already . . .

Political Hip Hop

(extra material in ‘References’)

yeah i know all about it. i grew up in it and got to witness its entire evolution… from the moment it started as a silly but harmless novel trend in mainstream pop music back in the 80s to the present day, where it persists like what should have been a short lived experiment but ends up becoming a fantastic gimmick for making fast money in a commodified industry of mass production pandering to a musically illiterate audience of consumers.

but i’m a bit of a music snob, though, and as a musician myself, i’m almost appalled at how seriously this trend has been taken by the western world. it really comes to represent a vision of cultural decline, and i see all kinds of signs and symptoms which point directly to the kinds of attitudes our capitalism/consumerism indirectly fosters in the people. it would be one thing if hip hop were just for ‘fun’, but its not. it’s become a very serious aberration in the artistic spirit of western civilization.

but sure, i get it, and i’ve said it before; there can be good rap… but rap is not good. i don’t see it as representative of real talent, and while i, myself, can’t rap, i don’t feel like i’m missing something critically important in terms of credible talent… if that makes any sense.

i accept that it is a music by the people, for the people. i’m just not part of ‘the people’, nor would i ever want to be.

and you know, i think even if history had been different - if the ethnocentric civil unrest for a racial minority that spawned original rap as a ‘voice’ for protest never happened - it still would have evolved on account of its being so easy. it’s in the nature of the mechanics of capitalism to find ways to market cheaply produced commodities at an extremely fast pace, and the art industries are no exception to this influence. this is why every five minutes some new rapper is on the radio. they turn em off the assembly line by the hundreds.

You associate wealth with power as well, you even would overthrow society to get a satisfying portion of it.
Everyone associates wealth with power, except yogis and other people who walk the earf like Caine in kung fu.

I would say wealth is the type of power that is required for people who aren’t like Jules in Pulp Fiction or Caine in Kung Fu. Thats real power, the power to take what you want when you want it and have people feel like its only right that you should have it. Wealth is a substitute for that.

The true sage is someone who gets what he wants.
The lesser sage is someone who decides to want what he can get.

i don’t know if she’s an idiot because she presides over small claims court, or if she presides over small claims court because she’s an idiot. in any case, in addition to having first hand experience of the incompetence and corruption of the criminal courts, i now have first have experience of the incompetence and corruption of the civil courts. i have now advanced to level 34; initiating full anarcho-mode.

perhaps i was too fast for her… maybe her tiny little negro brain was overwhelmed and she got lost when i took the stand. but my god man, i wasn’t giving the fucking gettysburg address. all i did was present to her a list of criteria used by the IRS and other appellate courts to determine whether or not someone is a sub-contractor or an employee, and the different legal obligations of the employer pertaining to each. this went right over her head. maybe that’s why she didn’t make it to criminal court… but then even those judges are generally morons too. none of this makes sense. why would she be a judge if she duddint even know the fucking laws? oh that’s right, there are no laws. okay that makes sense. i can work with that.

so i’m out almost 900 bucks and i don’t know how many hours running around between the clerk of court and fedex.

but the lies. that capitalist weasel lied so many times i couldn’t keep up with them all… and that dumb bitch ate it up. like i couldn’t get a word in. she wouldn’t let me ‘object’. the whole thing was a joke. america’s courtroom.

so anyway that’s the good news… that i lost my small claims suit for monies owed. with this comes an advance in, uh… ‘privilege’, as i like to call it. the bad news is, he won. his next court date will be set to appear in the court of promethean75, and that’s a very, very bad place to be. over this court presides a man… well it’s not even accurate to call him a man, really. more like a demigod or some shit like that. the golden hammer of justice this guy wields makes thor’s hammer look like a fisher-price toy. it’s crazy man.

rejoice, ilp, for today is a good day.

vocaroo.com/i/s1jGMIXz12ct